ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone assuming the killer is a "he"? Jealousy and early morning phone calls to your crush/new love interest/guy your stalking can drive a girl to murder. Wait until everyone is asleep then kill whoever you despise for getting in between you and the man you want to be with. When your done change into your victim's clothes and walk out unoticed by neighbors.
Obviously none of us can say it was a male with 100% certainty but if the killer left any DNA, sex can be discerned and hopefully investigators at least know that answer.

However, I think it’s a male and I’m 99.9999999999% certain based on not just statistics alone but the sheer force, power, and constitution of strength it actually takes to physically kill 4 people while possibly having to silence them or having to fight them off while doing it. It’s almost not even physically possible for a female to do this, especially the way in which it was done… If they were murdered in a house fire or by GSW’s, or poison? — yes. I’d consider a female.

Also, there seems to be some premeditation involved given that the suspect hasn’t been caught yet (meaning organization), the seeming lack of blood trails leaving the house, and the possible stalking aspect by killing most them all while they were in their beds— all pointing to premeditation, not a jealous fit of rage.

Last edited:
Just a theory :

This is 2022 , Most college kids do not communicate by placing phone calls. THEY USE TEXT...so
When the 2 girls were placing multiple calls to the exbf at 230am where they actually doing so under duress from being held by knifeppoint/gunpoint by the killer(s) Could the killer have tried too setup/frame or just kill the ex too out of some sort of twisted jelousy rage?(how far did ex live from scene?)

Were any text messages sent from the girls phone too the EX's phone at the same time they were calling him? IF yes, what did they say ?"come over!" "see you tomorrow at class" Has LE let friends familiar with the 2 girls read the last texts sent as they might be able to detect a difference in how the girls usually expressed themselves while texting .Need to look at all angles of this mystery

Also I would hope they are investigating everyone that missed class that next monday morning as the crimes were committed on the previous early sunday morning if I remember correctly .

Last edited:
Of course, not everyone sleeps on their backs or stomachs (Rollings killed his victims by turning them around and stabbing through their backs). The coroner stated that all victims were stabbed in the upper chest; with one fatal wound at the end — IICR.

At the very least, the killer would have had to have enough light to see their sleeping or current positions in their beds and turn them on their backs to kill them the way the coroner stated— and it would have to be done in relatively quickly to avoid either completely waking the person, having the person fight back, and/or giving the victim time to yell out in alarm.

Also, I really do wonder how he made his way through the house and in the rooms and actually see and then murder the victims in darkness. I’ve thought about that a lot and I really don’t know and I definitely don’t think he turned on the lights.

*And to fix my typo in my previous post: I was a PIO: I am dyslexic.
This is such a good point - having to get the person in the proper position to administer the stabbing. I feel like that could take some decent amount of strength - which I supposed we psuedo-assumed simply based on the fact that this perp was able to stab four people so efficiently, for lack of a better word. But thinking about rolling over a big guy, like Ethan…I already was firmly in the “it’s definitely a guy” camp but this sort of solidifies it for me. Not that women aren’t strong but the chances of it being a woman are already extremely low. This was someone powerful, made more so by the adrenaline I assume was rushing through his veins.

I’d also like to add, and I’m sure it’s been discussed but I haven’t seen it mentioned, that there doesn’t have to be a sexual assault for the killer to get sexually aroused. The act of penetrating someone’s body with an object such as a knife, piercing the skin, is sexual - some perps actually feel like the knife represents their sex organ. Not that I necessarily believe that was the case here, but something to throw out there nonetheless.

I just submitted a tip. It may amount to nothing but I thought it was worth forwarding.

We'll see!
Super great. My advice, and MOO. Just keep that tip to yourself and don't share it with anyone else. Don't hint at it, lead anyone to it, just let it be. Put the investigation, case, and conviction first before absolutely anything.

How could the killer killed all 4 without at least one of them making some noise? How didn't one of the roommates hear anything either above them or below them?? So many things don't add up.

I’ve mentioned this in the previous threads, but the layout of the house leads me to believe the surviving roommates could have locked their doors at night, slept with the tv/earbuds on, been drinking earlier, etc… And Danny Rollings duct taped his victims mouth before doing anything else to them so they would not alert the other sleeping victim.

I think it’s possible the killer went to the 3rd floor first and E did hear something (as others have surmised as well) and that’s when maybe he was killed. And K/M we’re out drinking prior (which I have done many times before) and it’s possible they were just sort of passed out if the killer started on the 2nd floor.

Motive is the key. When you find the motive, you find the killer
How could the killer killed all 4 without at least one of them making some noise? How didn't one of the roommates hear anything either above them or below them?? So many things don't add up.

I'm not sure this is allowed. Please delete if not. Johnny Law on you tube has a video showing the layout of the house and he states that there are many social media posts showing one of the girls on the lower level moved up to the second floor to have a larger room. He states there are multiple posts showing this girl is living on the 2 nd level. If this is the case, then nobody would have been living directly below the room E and X were staying in.

The city of Moscow, Idaho, has a population of 25,850 according to census.gov.

The University of Idaho has 10,791 students, according to Wikipedia.

If the suspect resides in Moscow, which I believe they do, there's a 41.7% chance that a student committed this crime.

I had an epiphany after reading this article on Fox, specifically this exchange between Fox host Lawrence Jones and Idaho State Police Officer Aaron Snell.

Lawrence Jones: "Obviously, you've got somebody that's on the loose right now. There's a lot of fear with the public based on what you guys have been able to collect. And you have profilers on the team, BAU unit is here, why not go ahead and release that profile?"

Aaron Snell: "It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people versus if we use that to really refine where we're at in our investigation. I think that will be more pertinent."

I believe the suspect is a student or students; it's isolated and targeted. If they release the profile, it will cast "suspicion on a wide variety of people," which is 41.7% of the population of Moscow.
I cannot imagine a female committing this crime so the percentage would likely be cut in half. But your point is taken: the profile will be vague enough to not identify anyone but specific enough to have matching elements with almost every young adult male in the city.

I have a pretty good idea LE know the order of stabbings. The killing of E is the one that I'm thinking he had to be asleep. He's a pretty big dude. No way he doesn't put up a big fight if he's awake. Pretty sure his family said he was found in the hall though. If that is indeed true then that gets me back to my initial thought that E heard something upstairs. Gets up runs into killer outside his room struggle ensues. He gets overtaken. X wakes up stumbles out of room... sees intruder then she runs back in her room only to be followed by intruder.
Im sure LE knows the order. If E isn't asleep I find it hard to believe he gets killed without a loud struggle.

I'm not sure this is allowed. Please delete if not. Johnny Law on you tube has a video showing the layout of the house and he states that there are many social media posts showing one of the girls on the lower level moved up to the second floor to have a larger room. He states there are multiple posts showing this girl is living on the 2 nd level. If this is the case, then nobody would have been living directly below the room E and X were staying in.
The video has been posted here. I heard that too, but I was scratching my head. If one of the roommates wanted to move to room 3, was Xana stuck with the smaller bedroom?

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 9.46.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Just a theory :

This is 2022 , Most college kids do not communicate by placing phone calls. THEY USE TEXT...so
When the 2 girls were placing multiple calls to the exbf at 230am where they actually doing so under duress from being held by knifeppoint/gunpoint by the killer(s) Could the killer have tried too setup/frame or just kill the ex too out of some sort of twisted jelousy rage?(how far did ex live from scene?) Were any text messages sent from the girls phone too the EX's phone at the same time they were calling him? IF yes, what did they say ?"come over!" "see you tomorrow at class" Has LE let friends familiar with the 2 girls read the last texts sent as they might be able to detect a difference in how the girls usually expressed themselves while texting .Need to look at all angles of this mystery

Also I would hope they are investigating everyone that missed class that next monday morning as the crimes were committed on the previous early sunday morning if I remember correctly .
Quadruple homicide on Sunday and you think they should investigate everyone who missed class the following day? ‍Everyone was trying to get as far away as possible as quick as possible.

Trying to play catch up but praying tomorrow is the day! Let’s arrest the heinous creature who did this. I’m going with creature because human isn’t the correct word here and anything else would be too vulgar. I’ll even settle for an arrest within the week!!! Praying for E, X, K, & M and their families!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678