ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the killer come across as an Organised Nonsocial Lust Killer, that ended up becoming a Mass Murderer (for definitions sake) to anyone else?

“This person was asleep unfortunately, (and) was not getting the calls,” Goncalves’ mother, Kristi Goncalves, recently told TODAY. “If Kaylee was in imminent danger — her or Maddie — they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.”

Sorry; my quote didn't show up the way they usually do. In a week, K's mother has gone from "they'll be getting back together and probably get married and have children" to calling him "this person." That says a lot! Great find Cota332!
I think she was just being cognizant of not saying his name....privacy, etc

So the article said it was on the night he was killed. The only thing we have verbally gotten from LE on Xana and Ethan was that they were seen at Sigma Chi that night and arrived home around 1:45am. The only time LE has released more specific time for them is in their map of what the four were doing that night on 11/18. It says:

“11/22: 2000-2100 Ethan and Xana attend Sigma Chi party 735 Nez Perce Dr”

IMO that means they were there from 8-9pm and we have nothing else on them from 9-1:45, or it could just be worded weird and means they arrived then. I think it would specifically state they arrived then if that’s what they were saying but who knows.

Is Sigma Chi where the Sorority Dance was (sorry was never in a sorority so apologies if this is a stupid question)? This seems strange to me that we don't know their whereabouts from 9-1:45(ish). Also, is it coincidence/strange that they returned home right around the exact same time as K and M? If they weren't together, we're they talking and arranged to get back home around the same time? I don't get the impression that LE is asking people to help fill that time period from 9-1:45(ish). Should we assume they know exactly where E and X were all night?

Wasn't it stated that the surviving roommates summoned friends. Not that they called them, could just be them going outside in shock and shouting friends over to them rather than them specifically calling their friends to come over. MOO

Wasn't it stated that the surviving roommates summoned friends. Not that they called them, could just be them going outside in shock and shouting friends over to them rather than them specifically calling their friends to come over. MOO
Yes, "summoned" is a great vague term for LE because it could mean multiple things. JMO

"There is definitely progress being made," Snell said. "It’s not progress we’re able to update the public on but, as we receive more evidence and more videos, we’re able to put together a clearer picture of what occurred and that definitely is progress."

Random question -
is there a medical school attached to this university ?
I am wondering if the POI has some kind of medical knowledge to know where to stab someone to cause death.
Could there be a medical student with connections to any or all of the victims who is using drugs or having a psychotic break ?

I have been studying the area that Moscow PD has requested video footage from:

West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

A couple of things stood out to me:
They are basically looking at the area south of the university and not including the University itself. Is it because there are enough cameras on campus that they didn’t need any more footage or they didn’t spot any unusual movement there?
The north boundary of the area they are looking at is Taylor Rd. This is the road that runs between Greek Row and the victims‘ home.
The west boundary is the Arboretum/Botanical Gardens
The south boundary, W Palouse River Dr, is basically the southernmost east-west road in town.
The east boundary is Highway 95 S. This makes sense and squares off the area EXCEPT they want footage that goes all the way down 95S past W Palouse River Dr to the 2700 block. This is at the approximate location of Wasankari Construction which is at 2730.
When Moscow PD released their map, they showed a squared off area, but they weren’t showing W Palouse River Dr as the southern boundary. Why? Granted the 2700 block is less than a mile from the intersection but I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
I’ve attached 2 maps; the one released by Moscow PD and one I drew to explain what I am trying to say. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thoughts?
I feel they’re trying to discredit “someone’s “ alibi as being at home asleep during the time of the murders so they’re broadening their search area to see if they spot a car or something …. JMO

Random question -
is there a medical school attached to this university ?
I am wondering if the POI has some kind of medical knowledge to know where to stab someone to cause death.
Could there be a medical student with connections to any or all of the victims who is using drugs or having a psychotic break ?

So the article said it was on the night he was killed. The only thing we have verbally gotten from LE on Xana and Ethan was that they were seen at Sigma Chi that night and arrived home around 1:45am. The only time LE has released more specific time for them is in their map of what the four were doing that night on 11/18. It says:

“11/22: 2000-2100 Ethan and Xana attend Sigma Chi party 735 Nez Perce Dr”

IMO that means they were there from 8-9pm and we have nothing else on them from 9-1:45, or it could just be worded weird and means they arrived then. I think it would specifically state they arrived then if that’s what they were saying but who knows.

It's so close "as the bird flies" between 735 Nez Perce and 1122 King Rd. Could someone at the gathering on Nez Perce have had ill intent and known where they were heading afterward taking a shortcut?

Jack is totally innocent in my opinion, have you seen his photo in the daily Mail? the mother is accurate ' the girls would have called 911' if they sensed danger, both intelligent educated girls, from my perspectiv

Absolutely agree! Kaylee's sister is a BULLDOG and seems to be a super sleuther herself, so I think she couldn't help herself. That very video caused me to strongly suspect a certain person who appears in it, but after LE repeated several times who WAS NOT involved in the crime, I had to start believing them.
SRWCF: Which video are you speaking of? There have been so many now and I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts. Is it the video when Kaylee's family first spoke out? Is it in the Media section?

There did appear to be snow on the ground the time of the murders, has anyone heard anything about tracks in the snow? Update, I just checked the weather for the rest of this week. It appears snow on Tues and Wed, which would indicate any tracks will be lost. MOO

Last edited:
A reward being offered is normally something that would happen way later in the investigation, correct ? Just hoping someone on here can speculate or offer some info about what the lack of a reward means/doesn’t mean.

SRWCF: Which video are you speaking of? There have been so many now and I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts. Is it the video when Kaylee's family first spoke out? Is it in the Media section?
It looks like they are referring to the grub truck video, it was suggested that Kaylee's sister actually found the twitch stream first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper