ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had time to read all of these posts. Obviously responses are being posted faster than many of us can keep up with. There are a lot of theories here.

I did want to respond to a theory that I respectfully disagree with; it's been posted at least twice, several threads ago. Can't locate this now, however.

The theory was that the killer was an angry neighbor. And, that this person was someone that probably lived somewhere close to the house and was enraged about the noise/party atmosphere going on at all hours. The theory was that the killer had called the authorities?! to complain about the noise/parties multiple times, and then finally snapped. (Note that we don't even know if someone did call to complain about the noise/parties from the house - this is all speculative. But, then all of these theories are speculative).

Well, I completely agree that someone may be disturbed by noise/music/raucous behavior going on at all hours, especially if it happens near where you live & you can't sleep because of this. But, I think it's kind of a stretch that someone who's experienced this would resort to murdering all of the people in the house, for a couple of reasons:

-This is a college town, and I suspect that a lot of the residents that live there full-time (whether or not they're affiliated with the college) may be used to this noise - given that it comes with the territory.

-The killer would have to be a fool to make numerous complaints about the noise & then turn around and kill 4 people in the house. They should know they would be one of the prime suspects in the case, re: their motive being they were angry about the noise/parties.

Just my .02

Last edited:
I had another sliding door theory too- what if the perp entered thru the bedroom balcony & was hiding on the balcony/breezeway when they returned home? It seems to extend all along that side of the house. Perhaps she didn’t lock that one, feeling more secure on the 3rd floor. (My ex used to shimmy up a tree near our 3rd floor balcony when locked out.)

Attachments

• 8962CFBB-30AB-460E-9292-36E7ECA3BD70.jpeg
    8962CFBB-30AB-460E-9292-36E7ECA3BD70.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
I don't believe that you can say that with any degree of certainty. I would consider it a routine part of an autopsy, used to extablish a realistic time of death but it isn't something that would be shared with the general public.
I posted about it this morning on the last thread. Unfortunately, it was not done at the scene.

Could E and X have been the sorority based designated drivers and that's what they were doing during the blank hours? In which case, they weren't somewhere, they were everywhere.
Interesting throry... except neither of them were in a sorority.

If it was a spontaneous attack how would the attacker have any idea of that?

Someone stalking may would have an idea. It seems to me since one victim was likely out of their room... that victim was likely a surprise.

All IMO tho

So spontaneous do you mean like a stranger that follows K M back to the house? If there's 4 vehicles parked out front, it's kind of a leap to think that one of them doesn't belong to a male roommate or a boyfriend. We're talking saturday night near college campus. If the killer just sees two females go into the house and just assumes that it's only females that are in there....I don't know about that.

Same. I hope it doesn't.

DutyRon ( also ex NYPD) was at pains to point out that suspects can be ' uncleared' by LE
He meant that, just because somebody is currently cleared, doesn't mean that they will stay that way, if evidence is found. ( such as DNA)

tbh I can't believe how many LE went into that home without full protective gear. ( Saw a lot with no booties, some with no gloves and others with no PPE at all)
If I asked my grade schoolers who did it they would say the people who were at the house when it happened. That is the most simple answer. I am not saying they did it. Just that is the direction that is instinctive to pursue.

Agree. I think he would have a strong compulsion to be on top of what people know and are talking about and would not miss that opportunity. MOO
I bet the town would look at any male who doesn’t attend the vigil with a side-eye so I think he’ll be there. I think he would blend in more by being there than by not being there.

If it were a student that elected to stay home from break, then he gets off east.

The longer this goes on without any camera footage, foot prints, blood, trail, scent, trail, etc., I’m starting to think he never left the house.

New theory: he was a sleepover guest of one of the downstairs roommates. Casually rinsed off, hid the knife, climbed back into bed with her, and was there when 911 was called. Never even went outside until after noon.
Didn't LE clear the surviving roommates and the individuals who were at the home with the surviving roommates on Sunday when LE arrived? So if there was an overnight guest, the guest has been cleared.

The longer this goes on without any camera footage, foot prints, blood, trail, scent, trail, etc., I’m starting to think he never left the house.

New theory: he was a sleepover guest of one of the downstairs roommates. Casually rinsed off, hid the knife, climbed back into bed with her, and was there when 911 was called. Never even went outside until after noon.
I def. think this theory is plausible but if the killer never left the house, I have to think LE would have found some sort of evidence pointing to that individual by now. Also, this theory would make me think the knife was hid somewhere in the house which again I would like to think would have been found by now. But what do i know.

Haven't had time to read all of these posts. Obviously responses are being posted faster than many of us can keep up with. There are a lot of theories here.

I did want to respond to a theory that I respectfully disagree with; it's been posted at least twice, several threads ago. Can't locate this now, however.

The theory was that the killer was an angry neighbor. And, that this person was someone that probably lived somewhere close to the house and was enraged about the noise/party atmosphere going on at all hours. The theory was that the killer had called the authorities?! to complain about the noise/parties multiple times, and then finally snapped. (Note that we don't even know if someone did call to complain about the noise/parties from the house - this is all speculative. But, then all of these theories are speculative).

Well, I completely agree that someone may be disturbed by noise/music/raucous behavior going on at all hours, especially if it happens near where you live & you can't sleep because of this. But, I think it's kind of a stretch that someone who's experienced this would resort to murdering all of the people in the house, for several reasons:

-This is a college town, and I suspect that a lot of the residents that live there full-time (that aren't affiliated with the college) may be used to this noise - given that it comes with the territory.

-The killer would have to be a fool to make numerous complaints about the noise & then turn around and kill 4 people in the house. They should know they would be one of the prime suspects in the case, re: their motive being they were angry about the noise/parties.

Just my .02
People have looked back as far as they can on the Moscow police website for any noise complaints to that adress and haven't come up with anything. I believe they found one Taylor street though. That's not to say their hasn't been. Also a neighbour said they have been pretty respectful in a interview.

And i agree the neighbour would have to be pretty silly to make complaints.

I had another sliding door theory too- what if the perp entered thru the bedroom balcony & was hiding on the balcony/breezeway when they returned home? It seems to extend all along that side of the house. Perhaps she didn’t lock that one, feeling more secure on the 3rd floor. (My ex used to shimmy up a tree near our 3rd floor balcony when locked out.)
Ahhh I can definitely see that- hiding in the woods then climbed up once the girls returned home? Maybe they heard something outside their windows and that explains all the calls? It makes sense forgetting or not worrying so much about keeping that sliding door locked since it was on the 3rd floor. MOO

Any perpetrator would certainly be able to hear whether the occupants of the third floor had gone all quiet from that location.

In respect of that option, did anybody notice any of the forensics pay particular attention to that balcony in the days that the media have been there at the house?

OTOH re the floor 2 sliding doors as an entry ( or exit point)
- although you've probably all discussed this to death by now - it's thread 16 - what do people make of the stacked stools in the kitchen sliding door. ( Do posters think that those stools were placed there because the sliding doors wouldn't lock)

In the Eliza Fletcher case in memphis this past September it was back within hours.

In this case, I think if they have the perp’s DNA, it’s in a mixed sample and that can take a very long time. An expert posted the process a few threads ago.
And I think Eliza's perp was already in the system so an easy/faster match. I'm guessing at that. I have a feeling Idaho killer isn't in the system.

Without giving this any nod, I just want to say that i really appreciate this new idea. (or maybe someone else suggested it in the volumes of earlier posts.) Regardless, it is so refreshing to read something new. New thoughts and insight are so good IMO.
correct. The simplest explanation is that one of the people in the house did it. I think the only reason we are not discussing that is because LE cleared the girls and thems the rules here. But are the girls guests cleared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001