ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they are not obligated to say a thing to the general public or the media regardless of what they do or do not have. That is why it is a police investigation and not a public investigation. LE keep things to themselves following leads so the public and media does not interfere with the solving of the cases. They also do not announce to the public or media every time they have a POI, every time they find a bit of evidence ect. again they do not have to, but aside from that have you seen how the media and regular people go after anyone they "Think" may be associated with this crime as well as other crimes it becomes a chaos of misinformation and only takes away from the important stuff. They are tight lipped about what they have and for good reason. They only let the public know what is necessary for public safety and what wont impede the investigation, and that's it because every one gets a nugget of information and is on a tangent to right all the wrongs, often being misguided by their opinions of what is actually going on.
Vigilantism, witch hunts, rumors. The investigators must sift through daunting mountains of information and tips. They are intent on connecting the dots. The DOTS must connect. Once that task is completed, the killer is simply “unveiled” from obscurity. The process naturally (through elimination) reveals them. There is a cornucopia of DNA and evidence collected in this case. Each profile is slowly eliminated through a painstaking process. It’s labor intensive and time consuming.

This is a shared household, a common party house where countless people have entered and added their DNA to the mix. The multitude of Variants and substrates has to be overwhelming. All the while, they do their best to solve this - amidst the constant daily humming of the public’s (and families) vocal sense of discontentment, disbelief, dissatisfaction, and impatience. I do not envy such a task. I have great respect and confidence in those who do (w/gratitude).

No moment or tomorrow is ever a given. None are guaranteed. Few among us are truly aware of their own expiry date. Cherish every breath, live every moment, and love deeply with a grateful heart each new days sunrise and sunset. What you don’t know won’t hurt you. Not true. What you don’t know can KILL you. As the saying goes, it’s always the one(s) you didn’t SEE…that get you in the end. Stay vigilant. Stay aware. Stay alive.

Anyone see this? (please delete if not allowed)
Strange that they were plain-clothed, avoided cameras, and didn't take anything.
Unless they were uniformed officers, wouldn't they be in plain clothes? They are obviously LE dressed for a snowy cold environment. There could be insignias on shirts under their jackets or not. And LE is known to revisit a crime scene over and over again. I would avoid cameras and press as well. I do not see anything unusual in their visit. Imo.

I agree but stand by what i said .
LE would have announced to the public anyone they deemed a serious person of interest due to evidence found AT THE SCENE of crime

IMO they do not have one because they either do not have the evidence and if they do, they haven't matched it to anyone in their databse !!!!!!!!

LE would have a lot more problems if they had this info and did not ask for the publics help finding the suspect/s and they committed new crimes that could have been avoided.

Social media is rabid right now and I fear that if LE indicated that they had a POI based on evidence, more people would be stalked online and more reputations would be harmed.

Wouldn't it also cause a unkown POI to panic and possibly make it harder to locate them?

Could the perp have came inside this window? It looks like the students didn't want any early morning company, with the slider blocked by bar stools. Someone inside was attempting to secure the house.
I really dislike the New York Post sometimes. The article said of the 2 surviving roommates, "They were upstairs and sleeping when the victims were killed." when it's well known by this point that those 2 roommates were on the ground floor.

Just adding to this as a posher. The jacket did not sell as it is not marked sold. If she had forgotten to ship it, it would be marked sold as well. (I believe from prior experience) and she would have to create a new listing to relist it. It’s possible this transaction took place outside of Poshmark- but that is against rules as well.

So to me comments odd. Probably not related but odd.
Clearly marked as sold.

Attachments

• 20221209_104926.jpg
    20221209_104926.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 64
I agree. She’s miffed. She wants access to LE so the press can bombard them with questions about things they can’t release and with the daily rumor. I think that’s why she started off saying that LE was secretly pulling LE from the investigation like it was a big conspiracy. She says they snuck it in at the bottom of the page so we, (the dumb public?) wouldn’t notice. If I recall, the number of investigators involved from all agencies, is listed at the bottom of the press release every day. She also gets a little short with guests who aren’t following the party line. She starting to really disappoint me.
Personally, I love that Moscow PD is putting out these press releases every day or two. That way the press and public are getting the same information; no misquotes, no innuendo. Moscow PD releases it to the press before putting out to the public so they can get their jump on the headlines. They address rumors, they tell us who isn’t believed to be involved, (not cleared), investigation status etc. If Moscow PD wants too placate the press a bit, they can invite them to submit questions. LE will answer what they can and not comment, like they always do, on the things that are not for public consumption at the moment.

Indeed. she knows exactly what she's doing!

( I've always thought the show is dubious, from following other crimes)

Hmm, at this point we have to ask ourselves: what DO they know?
I probably have missed a lot about the front door. Can someone explain to me if the person who saw the door open speak to the Media? Or is it a neighbor of that person who spoke. to the Media? Is this a game of telephone? Thanks to anyone who can alleviate my confusion. I'm so behind. Lol.

It's really not weird or suspicious at all. I think the person most likely doesn't know she's dead, bought the jacket and it obviously hasn't been sent.
The last post from the person was Oct 30. The murders happened on Nov 12.

Clearly marked as sold.

It sure is! Thanks for that! I opened in app and it took forever for me to see that.

Going to delete my post so not to confuse.

I probably have missed a lot about the front door. Can someone explain to me if the person who saw the door open speak to the Media? Or is it a neighbor of that person who spoke. to the Media? Is this a game of telephone? Thanks to anyone who can alleviate my confusion. I'm so behind. Lol.
I'm unclear on that, too. Hopefully, they have spoken to LE by now. They had a very concise timestamp for their observation. JMO

We are allowed to voice our opinion and that's what I did based on what has been released(or not) by LE.

IF LE matched dna,fingerprints,cell phone,license plate to a suspect they would have announced a person of interest by now...right?

IN MY OPINION...That is not speculation that is common sense ;)

DNA could not be matched to a suspect unless LE had a suspect already, or found one through DNA already in CODIS. (Genetic genealogy can do wonders, but we saw a case solved just yesterday, where it took over three years to find a match that way.)

It’s even worse with fingerprints. If LE doesn’t already have a suspect for fingerprint comparison, the fact that they haven’t matched someone’s fingerprints means nothing—except that no one in the house had had fingerprints taken by LE in the past.

MOO

IMO vigilante justice is a real danger at this point just due to rumors and innuendo generating from non LE sources. Moscow PD is having to put out fires that never should have been lit. JMO

If people on SM don't calm down, there is a real possibility that somebody is going to get hurt and at this point, People are doxxing people who LE have indicated were not suspects, family members of people LE does not consider suspects and worked hard at leaving ugly reviews for a medical professional that may or may not be related to someone LE does not consider to be a suspect.

As to the man last night trying to get into the sliding door of the van, I believe he just had trouble getting it open. Sure, they all wanted into the van quickly and it seemed as if they would prefer their faces not be shown. But I think he just genuinely had a rough time with the door.
i was lurking through trying to find this comment. there's like a weird clicking noise, too, as if the door was struggling to be shut as well.

If people on SM don't calm down, there is a real possibility that somebody is going to get hurt and at this point, People are doxxing people who LE have indicated were not suspects, family members of people LE does not consider suspects and worked hard at leaving ugly reviews for a medical professional that may or may not be related to someone LE does not consider to be a suspect.
I see some lawsuits brewing. JMO

I won’t post it as it may be against the rules but if you go on google earth there’s what looks to be a white Elantra in a house on queen
wow how weird the vics' house is now blurred out on earth and the images are changed now back to a 2007 image. must be important to the investigation if they're blurring things out and replacing the 2021 images with 2007 ones.

I feel if this was the case, they would have ensured media was not present. IMO, they are just not speaking to or engaging with media.
agreed. seems more like they had a specific question about something after going over the evidence and needed to view the scene again for clarification

*MOO*

LE has been forced to stop the news conferences. Every time they had one, they were publicly hounded for the tiniest misstatement; JMO, but I think UI pressured them into the first conference as damage control. As I said before, big mistake PR wise for UI.

At this point, LE should only have news conferences when they have significant developments.

I would advise having a regularly scheduled conference once a week but cancel if no new developments.

Issuing the news releases is smart and an efficient use of time.

LE is doing a good job. Lot of info to sort through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1