ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Actually they are not obligated to say a thing to the general public or the media regardless of what they do or do not have. That is why it is a police investigation and not a public investigation. LE keep things to themselves following leads so the public and media does not interfere with the solving of the cases. They also do not announce to the public or media every time they have a POI, every time they find a bit of evidence ect. again they do not have to, but aside from that have you seen how the media and regular people go after anyone they "Think" may be associated with this crime as well as other crimes it becomes a chaos of misinformation and only takes away from the important stuff. They are tight lipped about what they have and for good reason. They only let the public know what is necessary for public safety and what wont impede the investigation, and that's it because every one gets a nugget of information and is on a tangent to right all the wrongs, often being misguided by their opinions of what is actually going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Far-fetched but running through my mind since seeing the HVAC guy there.

Chemicals can be intentionally released and distributed through furnace/ac ductwork. Some chemicals can cause unconsciousness or deep sleep. 4 victims were attacked in their sleep and 2 survivors slept through the attack. Toxicology results could be coming in.

I know they had been drinking. It's possible all of the victims and survivors could have slept through noises of the attacks and the perp/s maneuvering through the house. But if the perp was able to make certain that everyone in the house would sleep through the entire crime, he would be able to methodically and confidently move from floor to floor, room to room, victim to victim with very little risk of being discovered. JMO.

You can put the stools end-to-end like that to jam the space between the slider & the wall, so the door cannot be opened. They actually make bars for this specific use, but it seems that LE did what they could, with what they had at the time.
Maybe. Having had many sliding doors in rentals, seems unworkable for that purpose to me. But once again, I'm not seeing investigative relevance, which is my point.

Actually they are not obligated to say a thing to the general public or the media regardless of what they do or do not have. That is why it is a police investigation and not a public investigation. LE keep things to themselves following leads so the public and media does not interfere with the solving of the cases. They also do not announce to the public or media every time they have a POI, every time they find a bit of evidence ect. again they do not have to, but aside from that have you seen how the media and regular people go after anyone they "Think" may be associated with this crime as well as other crimes it becomes a chaos of misinformation and only takes away from the important stuff. They are tight lipped about what they have and for good reason. They only let the public know what is necessary for public safety and what wont impede the investigation, and that's it because every one gets a nugget of information and is on a tangent to right all the wrongs, often being misguided by their opinions of what is actually going on.
I agree but stand by what i said .
LE would have announced to the public anyone they deemed a serious person of interest due to evidence found AT THE SCENE of crime

IMO they do not have one because they either do not have the evidence and if they do, they haven't matched it to anyone in their databse !!!!!!!!

LE would have a lot more problems if they had this info and did not ask for the publics help finding the suspect/s and they committed new crimes that could have been avoided.

I only really saw footage of the agents in the house and then leaving. I’m not sure if there is more. I did notice that the agent getting in the back side door of the van, his pants pockets on the camera facing side were busting with whatever he had packed in there. Just my observation.

You can put the stools end-to-end like that to jam the space between the slider & the wall, so the door cannot be opened. They actually make bars for this specific use, but it seems that LE did what they could, with what they had at the time.
The bars are called dowels and they are placed in the tracks of a sliding glass door after it has been closed and locked, so that the doors cannot be moved open

The bars are called dowels and they are placed in the tracks of a sliding glass door after it has been closed and locked, so that the doors cannot be moved open

Growing up we had a dowel rod to start, but then we got an actual steel bar that mounted into the vertical track and would then be lowered into place about midway up the sliding door. That thing was a beast once it was locked in.

I agree but stand by what i said .
LE would have announced to the public anyone they deemed a serious person of interest due to evidence found AT THE SCENE of crime

IMO they do not have one because they either do not have the evidence and if they do, they haven't matched it to anyone in their databse !!!!!!!!

LE would have a lot more problems if they had this info and did not ask for the publics help finding the suspect/s and they committed new crimes that could have been avoided.
What about the problems LE would have if they put someone’s name out there that was actually innocent but someone decided to hand out some vigilante justice?

I thought he said parked at the side of the house? That would have been ECs brothers vehicle right?
Here is the exact quote.

After an initial conversation with a police officer that Sunday, Harsh said he already went back to investigators at the home to report a black luxury SUV that he hadn’t seen in the neighborhood before, parked a few spaces from the front of the home when he made it back early that morning.

I don’t consider the earlier black SUV parked at the home as luxury. IMHO.

no

she's talking about lack of press conferences& receiving scripts at around 3 mins into the clip
I agree. She’s miffed. She wants access to LE so the press can bombard them with questions about things they can’t release and with the daily rumor. I think that’s why she started off saying that LE was secretly pulling LE from the investigation like it was a big conspiracy. She says they snuck it in at the bottom of the page so we, (the dumb public?) wouldn’t notice. If I recall, the number of investigators involved from all agencies, is listed at the bottom of the press release every day. She also gets a little short with guests who aren’t following the party line. She starting to really disappoint me.
Personally, I love that Moscow PD is putting out these press releases every day or two. That way the press and public are getting the same information; no misquotes, no innuendo. Moscow PD releases it to the press before putting out to the public so they can get their jump on the headlines. They address rumors, they tell us who isn’t believed to be involved, (not cleared), investigation status etc. If Moscow PD wants too placate the press a bit, they can invite them to submit questions. LE will answer what they can and not comment, like they always do, on the things that are not for public consumption at the moment.

What about the problems LE would have if they put someone’s name out there that was actually innocent but someone decided to hand out some vigilante justice?
Suspects and Persons of interest are frequently named by LE , especially when there is a danger to the public. I do not thin anyone would diasgree at this point the person/s who commited these crimes are a danger to the public.

Do you really think LE matched DNA or prints found on the victims at the scene to a suspect but are keeping that info to themselves but releasing the make model of a car instead ?

IMO vigalante justice is not a factor in this case at this point lol

Maybe. Having had many sliding doors in rentals, seems unworkable for that purpose to me. But once again, I'm not seeing investigative relevance, which is my point.
Maybe I missed this but with all the activity on this case it is bound to happen. Were the stools in the door from the beginning, or did the police place them there? I only ask because there is a picture posted here the night after the murders that do not have the stools in the door. Just curios if the lock didn't work on that door. I used to stick an old wooden broom handle in my sliding door and that was pretty efficient

Last edited by a moderator:
Suspects and Persons of interest are frequently named by LE , especially when there is a danger to the public. I do not thin anyone would diasgree at this point the person/s who commited these crimes are a danger to the public.

Do you really think LE matched DNA or prints found on the victims at the scene to a suspect but are keeping that info to themselves but releasing the make model of a car instead ?

If they did match DNA or prints, yep, I really do think they are keeping that info to themselves. And rarely do I see persons of interest released to the public.

And vigilante justice is a factor in this case.

All IMO, of course.

IMO vigilante justice is a real danger at this point just due to rumors and innuendo generating from non LE sources. Moscow PD is having to put out fires that never should have been lit. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces