ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a stalker casing the house have known that there would be no house party that night?
The house parties that I knew came in two flavors:

A. Planned parties- usually of the larger sort.
B. Spontaneous, or near spontaneous gathering of a relatively smaller sort- but could still be pretty large for those with alot of social contacts.

In regards to your question, it might depend on how close the murderer is to the victims. Category "A" type parties would be more publicized. As a result, somebody in a more distant orbit could no that there was no planned party that night.

But... it would take a closer orbit to know that as the victims had separate plans that night, there was probably not going to be any category "B" type gatherings that night.

Last edited:

Anyone see this? (please delete if not allowed)
Strange that they were plain-clothed, avoided cameras, and didn't take anything.

The discussion about the color of the Range Rover started with me (yep, me, right here! Thank you! ) noting the guy in the Statesman article that said he saw a black luxury SUV parked a few houses away that night and that the SUV was not usually there. One person responded that perhaps it’s was Kaylee’s Range Rover and another person said no, her Range Rover is white and …you know the rest. The color of her SUV is a non issue, and Mr. Harsh’s comments about the black SUV may be as well, since the black SUV hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere (as far as I’ve seen).

Last edited by a moderator:
In reality the neighbor did not say that the black luxury SUV was found in front of 1122, he said it was “in the neighborhood”.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

Sorry. Just woke up. But since we are talking about vehicles, was the gentleman witness that was featured in the Idaho Statesman newspaper article incorrect about the night in question? The majority of the residents in the neighborhood said it was very quiet on the night of Nov 12th-Nov 13th, except for this guy. He said he heard a scream and saw a black SUV parked by the house at 1122 King Rd. Didn’t that black SUV belong to ECs brother who drove it there on the morning of the murders? If so, I think the eyewitness featured in the newspaper was possibly incorrect in his statement? IMO

The discussion about the color of the Range Rover started with me (yep, me, right here! Thank you! ) noting the guy in the Statesman article that said he saw a black luxury SUV parked a few houses away that night and that the SUV was not usually there. One person responded that perhaps it’s was Kaylee’s Range Rover and another person said no, her Range Rover is white and …you know the rest. The color of her SUV is a non issue, and Mr. Harsh’s comments about the black SUV may be as well, since the black SUB hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere (as far as I’ve seen).
thank you

My opinion as well. Neighbour may have seen a door open but I suspect it was around noon :)
That's the $64,000 question, isn't it! I would like to know how far away this neighbor actually lived who allegedly spotted this open door. Witnesses often prove to be wholly unreliable in these cases. The police chief seems pretty clueless so is this bit of info even true or is this a rumor?

In reality the neighbor did not say that the black luxury SUV was found in front of 1122, he said it was “in the neighborhood”.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION
I thought he said parked at the side of the house? That would have been ECs brothers vehicle right?

Both inside and outside the house these men are trying to hide their faces - is that not more the behavior of undercover agents? If so, based on what undercover agents are usually involved in (i.e. drugs, racketeering, domestic terrorism, human trafficking ), why are they viewing the scene, what’s the potential connection?
I feel if this was the case, they would have ensured media was not present. IMO, they are just not speaking to or engaging with media.

Images of the range rover in question is here, looks silver to me.

I asked about the dealer tag a bit back.

Social media has made all of us feel like we knew them ....and are grieving along with the families.

I was going to post something super sleuthy and clever, having read on here for ages, was following the marion barter cold case before this one and wanted to give back something. But I cant think of anything someone here hasnt thought of before.

I am a spiritual person and I believe that the divine does live in all of us, struggling to understand what would motivate someone to do this. Not that I understand wars still going on or any of the rest of the violence in the world. I know this is naive hope the killer gives himself up and confesses why he/she /they did this and that they get life in jail and use the time to find goodness before its their time. I also pray that the souls who lost their human lives way too soon in this tragedy are at peace.

Glad humanity is essentially good enough that so many ppl online are desperate to solve this. Gives me hope
Welcome to websleuths scottishgal. Hang around and read some of my favorite posters once something breaks. You will know who they are by their reaction scores.

In reference to several comments about the undercover investigators leaving "empty handed." I think we've all been around enough cases to know that extremely important discoveries aren't always physical in nature. I'm quite certain with the speed in which they took care of things & the determined look as they went into those rooms that they left there with exactly what they wanted to find.

Getting back to the neighbor's Ring camera.... If it recorded the dog being let out, wouldn't it also have recorded other activity that night...... People coming and going, vehicles....

The neighbor’s ring camera only shows the street, or maybe the front of the house. We know they were able to see the girls coming home, so not sure if it shows the actual house or if they just were able to see the girls driving by.

Either way, it doesn’t show anything from the back of the house. IMO, the dog was probably let out in the back, where there is grass. So I doubt it’s on the camera. And the perp is said to have come in through the back as well.

I believe the stool was actually placed there by LE after the first day of the 1st day of investigating the crime scene. Just to secure the sliding door for when LE was not there since there was no functioning lock on the sliding door.
But how does a stool or two stools "secure the door"? Many have speculated that is why LE put them there but I don't think they provide security. The stools lying there say to me, "Use another entrance."

Also, as with many ad nauseum discussions here, what is the relevance? If they were processing the stools for DNA or fingerprint evidence that would be interesting.
JMHO

Both inside and outside the house these men are trying to hide their faces - is that not more the behavior of undercover agents? If so, based on what undercover agents are usually involved in (i.e. drugs, racketeering, domestic terrorism, human trafficking ), why are they viewing the scene, what’s the potential connection?
I noticed and thought the same exact thing ! IMO when LE came to remove the victims personal items and give to the relatives they came across something, possibly drugs or paraphenalia. They may have brought the agents in to gain some sort of perspective on what or where they found evidence.Also illegal drugs can sometimes be traced back to where they originated from. This could possibly lead to a motive or something nefarious. Although we did not see them remove evidence bags they may have concealed them on the way out on their persons...just a hypothesis though.

As to the man last night trying to get into the sliding door of the van, I believe he just had trouble getting it open. Sure, they all wanted into the van quickly and it seemed as if they would prefer their faces not be shown. But I think he just genuinely had a rough time with the door.

I could be very wrong but I got the impression that he wanted in fast but he also didn't want anybody to see what may be inside the van, which caused the door to malfuncion.

But how does a stool or two stools "secure the door"? Many have speculated that is why LE put them there but I don't think they provide security. The stools lying there say to me, "Use another entrance."

Also, as with many ad nauseum discussions here, what is the relevance? If they were processing the stools for DNA or fingerprint evidence that would be interesting.
JMHO

You can put the stools end-to-end like that to jam the space between the slider & the wall, so the door cannot be opened. They actually make bars for this specific use, but it seems that LE did what they could, with what they had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1