ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the car was stealthily returned, traded in or sold

Right, but there would be at a minimum a prior transaction and title number to match it. If the car was registered to the perp(s) or anyone in his/their sphere, LE could hone in those transactions pretty quickly. Even if the car was sold to a scrap yard.

Probably the most difficult Elantra owner to find would be an unregistered out of state car from a non-neighboring state placed in a storage building somewhere within a 100 mile radius of the murders.

Or, Canada.

My opinion.

agree - people laying down when attacked in upper body are not going to result in perp being covered in blood as unlike the horror movies blood runs downhill and pools like water and doesn’t spray like a fountain. Bedding would have absorbed a lot. Sorry for graphic description :(
I respectfully disagree depending on what was stabbed.

Personal anecdote, a little gross so be warned. I used to work with stained glass. At one point one of the giant sheets of glass snapped, and a piece dropped down on my foot through my sock just above where my shoe was right on something that looked like a vein. The glass was pointed. I pulled it out and blood shot about 12 inches in the air and splattered everything around. Single fountain, single splatter. Then it started to pulse as it bled(blurp, rest, blurp, rest). I snapped out of it, ran inside and bandaged it and raised my foot until it stopped. I had no idea there was anything on the top of the foot that would bleed like that. I wore high top boots from then on when working with glass, but blood spurts do happen.

My experience only.

Last edited:
<<I snipped for reply>>

Danny Rolling killed all 5 over a period of 3 days. He did 2, then day later he did 1, then 2 days after that he killed the last 2.

I'll leave him off my future lists. But am curious. He seems clearly then to be a serial killer (even if the first 5 were from the same demographic)

BTK killed four at one go (but they were all of one family, so...)

It's very hard to find examples of serial mass killings - you just took one off my list, now I have basically only BTK. If anyone knows of a mass murdered who went on to become a serial mass murderer, please speak up - it's gonna keep me awake tonight and I know some of you will know.

Where I live there's literally tens of thousands still on the road in that year range. Very popular with seniors (who have owned from new) and young drivers (buying cheap used).

There are only about 160,000 of these white Elantras that were sold and that was 8-10 years ago. There won't be tens of thousands of them congregated in any specific place. And the seniors owning them can be eliminated pretty quickly, especially if they aren't living close by. JMO

Personally still going with someone who felt slighted in the hours or days leading up to it, went after one individual, and the rest unfolded as it did. I personally don’t think it’s nearly as much of a skilled feat as others seem to, nor necessarily requiring as much training and forethought as has been suggested. Obviously just my own wild guess.
It's not the killings that strike me as a particularly skilled feat. These people were sleeping and likely intoxicated, afterall. It's more the skill in doing it with stealth, with efficiency, without waking the neighbors, roommates, or victims in the next room of attack. He got in and out unseen and unheard, and apparently without leaving any obvious signs of who he is.

Taken as a whole, this does not look to me like any scorned lover, slighted admirer, fed-up neighbor or incel.

This is a dangerous man...

Personally still going with someone who felt slighted in the hours or days leading up to it, went after one individual, and the rest unfolded as it did. I personally don’t think it’s nearly as much of a skilled feat as others seem to, nor necessarily requiring as much training and forethought as has been suggested. Obviously just my own wild guess.
I'm not much of a movie guy, and i'm not wanting to swing the discussion off topic, but I just watched Murder by the numbers (2002), and it made my mind wonder specifically about this case.

In my lowly, unlearned opinion, whatever it was, it should have been photographed where it was found, bagged, tagged (or vice versa) and put into the must be tested pile of potential evidence.

Surely it must have been. Are LE maybe drip feeding strange information in order to bide time whilst processing forensic data on an identified likely perp? JMO MOO

IMO you are underestimating this task.

I think there's more on the road than you think. Where I live there's literally tens of thousands still on the road in that year range. Very popular with seniors (who have owned from new) and young drivers (buying cheap used).

There is only approximately 100 white Elantras in that year range for sale nationwide.

If only approximately 100 are for sale, then there aren't tens of thousands on the road.

My opinion.

It’s certainly not a shooting if someone is getting stabbed. Hello.

No its not, it's a calculated walk into a house with a big knife to attack four people.
A ferocious messy crime inside a house where dna is essentially captured and less likely to be corrupted by weather
The perpetrator is more likely to release their DNA and have blood and other dna on themself

That's some gall AIMOO

Well knowing that the last call K placed to J was at 2:58a.m. Thus would coincide with what appears to be the bedroom light turning off at 3a.m. (IMO).
If the times are that close together then than your conclusion is probably true. However when people are drunk one second they are doing something and the next moment they can be out cold. I personally am not prepared to assume anything in this case. There is too much conflicting information for me to do that.

I'm sure that the cops are looking at every single white Elantra in the vicinity, however. (I'm not sure whether they can easily tell which ones are white; I doubt that the car color is specified on the vehicle registration.)
Registration info contains VIN numbers and the VIN number will tell you all the info about the car, including the color. LE may have to talk to Hyundai about this and how to narrow down the list, but it can be done.

Knowing the facts will give many of us a sense of comfort that this couldn't happen to us or our kids (in my case, I'm old enough to be their great-great grandmother had our family been early breeders) and that the upended world has at least a modicum of justice. We want to think we're safe because we don't play loud music or haven't had too many loud parties or mistakenly enraged someone dangerously unhinged or forgot to lock the door. Right now this is like an Everyman Crime; it happened to four kids who (from what we know) should've been safe and headed for happy and successful futures. They don't appear to be courting violence or hanging out out with psychopaths. Instead they are victims of an incomprehensible and brutal series of homicides. The more we know, the more removed we hope to feel.
We all want to feel safe. And for us oldies, who remember safer times, the world can seem shocking. And for parents, especially of college kids, this is so threatening.
But the police can't be concerned with that now. It just can't be a priority.
SG , in his grief, has demonstrated his inability not to interfere and make statements IMO detrimental to the case. He is suffering and it's completely understandable. But releasing info is not the answer. Nothing about the actual suspects until an arrest is imminent should be disclosed.
But the one thing college kids and society does not get: College campuses are not safer than real life. The very nature of colleges in and around urban living, transient population, or isolated, rural areas brings crimes. The drinking and partying..no moral judgement..leaves kids more vulnerable. Not to mention, forgetting to lock doors. And the false sense that we all had as kids .. nothing bad can happen.
Coupled with social media footprints laying out movements and schedules, kids don't realize they can be handing someone a blueprint of their life.
None of this makes it ever a victims fault, but it's a matter of reducing your chances of being a victim..

There are only about 160,000 of these white Elantras that were sold and that was 8-10 years ago. There won't be tens of thousands of them congregated in any specific place. And the seniors owning them can be eliminated pretty quickly, especially if they aren't living close by. JMO
I didn't say there would be.

He might well be someone who is already considered a bit odd, a loner, and disregarded by mainstream society and relatively overlooked as a suspect because they're already pretty much an outcast or considered eccentric. Whoever did this did something different than their usual routine and most definitely had some blood on their hands and arms and probably feet to worry about, as well as footprints, so they did something they wouldn't normally do with their clothes and shoes. So, someone somewhere will have noticed something different about them. Also they may be taking an interest in the news reports whereas maybe isn't usually the sort of person to take any notice of mainstream media or news.
So now they wear sneakers instead of sandals kind of thing ? Long sleeve shirts instead of short sleeve shirts. Is that what you are getting at? Possibly burned their clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader