ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to SG quoting the coroner "there was a battle on the 2nd floor" leads me to believe they definitely have perps DNA. Let's hope genealogy steps in to assist to build a profile if it's ghost DNA.
I agree about the DNA if there was a battle. SG wasn’t quoting the coroner though; Those are SG’s words based on what the coroner told him.

MOO

The same coroner who said everyone was asleep, and "some" were in their beds. "Some", imo, = > 2. Geez no wonder this father feels (imo) he is getting jerked around.

But, if what he was told is the truth, about "hell of a battle going on down there", it fits in perfectly with my own opinion that the girls were killed first, following by the killer being confronted by EC, and that X was awake, out of bed and ready to fight, sadly ending on t he floor above the red, leaking substance, Also fits my theory that more time was spent killing the pair on the second floor than on the 3rd floor. JMO

I agree, but how was there a "hell of a battle going on down there" and the 1st-floor occupants slept through it? That part just doesn't add up IMO

New police update today. FBI agents are willing to go anywhere in the country, LE are getting overwhelmed with tips, they have way more information than they are telling us, and they want more than an arrest they want a conviction. No new information there for us everything we already knew. Sounds like a boat load of money being spent but still no reward which would likely yield the investigation better results.

Thanks @lmr Crowd sourcing for a reward and also K's funeral. Ok?

To raise funds, the family is supporting a pair of online fundraisers – a (crowd sourcing website we can't mention here) set up by Goncalves’ former boss Jeremiah Shea, and a GiveSendGo campaign from a family friend named Brooke Miller, Kristi Goncalves said.

"The money raised will go directly to getting us answers as well as helping to pay for Kaylee’s final arrangements and her celebration of life on Dec. 30," she added.

The family had previously held off on announcing memorial plans.

IMO anyone who is capable of these murders, isn't hiding and cowering in fear that they're going to get caught. IMO they're privately gloating and enjoying all the media attention it's getting. I also think this monster gets a thrill whenever descriptions of wounds or the crime itself are put out on national news. JMO.

New member here but I have been following Web Sleuths for a while. This is only my opinion-
I have been thinking now for awhile, what stands out to me in this crime is that in this present day and age with a advanced technology LE has access to, they have not been able to identify ANYTHING OR ANYONE who could have done such an heinous crime.so far. This is definitely odd.
Now in my opinion, its either that LE dont want to compromise the case because though they know the perp and they don't have the evidence to issue a warrant. Or my second theory is- what if the assailant never left the home? What if the murderer was one of the murdered? I know this sounds incredulous but did one of the deceased murder maybe 1 of the others and in the ensuing scuffle end up getting stabbed and did the other 2 end up being collateral damage?
If this is the case, that would explain why no one has any leads? I also think if LE are suspecting this, they are still gathering information to present to the legal system to make a convincing argument. I think something more went on in that house, and the 2 surviving roommates must know much more than the public has been led to believe. The behavior or actions of the 2 surviving room mates makes me wonder if they had a some idea of who did the crime, hence the 911 call saying that someone was 'unconscious".
Again this is only a theory and I don't know who, what or more importantly why

Going from what Kaylee’s father said were the wounds on Kaylee, how strong of a person would it take to do that and then continue on to others?

It sounds like a very strong person although people with adrenaline coursing through the body do impossible things,

It seems like there is no way that there was not blood spattering .

How could anyone get out of the house without leaving anything. Even if he had booties, there still would be a trail.

He did not fly out.

And where did dogs follow the trail? They would have sources of the victims scent which the killer would have on him .

Was there snow out there? If he came down through the back hill, one would think he would leave some footprints somewhere.

I agree, but how was there a "hell of a battle going on down there" and the 1st-floor occupants slept through it? That part just doesn't add up IMO
Well, I don't know what the father actually knows. He's very emotional, and calling the police "cowards" is out of line. But, if he really doesn't know about the "hell of a battle", it's even worse for the other family victims.

New member here but I have been following Web Sleuths for a while. This is only my opinion-
I have been thinking now for awhile, what stands out to me in this crime is that in this present day and age with a advanced technology LE has access to, they have not been able to identify ANYTHING OR ANYONE who could have done such an heinous crime.so far. This is definitely odd.
Now in my opinion, its either that LE dont want to compromise the case because though they know the perp and they don't have the evidence to issue a warrant. Or my second theory is- what if the assailant never left the home? What if the murderer was one of the murdered? I know this sounds incredulous but did one of the deceased murder maybe 1 of the others and in the ensuing scuffle end up getting stabbed and did the other 2 end up being collateral damage?
If this is the case, that would explain why no one has any leads? I also think if LE are suspecting this, they are still gathering information to present to the legal system to make a convincing argument. I think something more went on in that house, and the 2 surviving roommates must know much more than the public has been led to believe. The behavior or actions of the 2 surviving room mates makes me wonder if they had a some idea of who did the crime, hence the 911 call saying that someone was 'unconscious".
That was ruled out by LE early on.

Coroner has stated that Murder- Suicide was ruled out.

murder suicide was ruled out fairly early on.

this article says-- "all four deaths have been ruled homicides, meaning that detectives believe that none of the victims was responsible for the killings"

Where is the knife?

I understand why LE needs to keep details of the crime under wraps, but one of unfortunate side effects of that is the the rumor mill goes wild. Maybe the rumors are true, but the two I've heard wherein people are naming names on the internet, are 180 out from each other. They can't both be true, they might both be wrong. Either way, if these people being named are innocent, then these rumors could potentially ruin their lives. Reddit, I'm looking at you.

It's true that both views can't be right - but I figure LE are investigating both. It's not just reddit, of course - it's also youtubers (one of whom has the word "news" in her handle and has been posted here - but, I believe, taken down because not an actual news source). There are even former FBI profilers jumping onto Youtube (and Behavioral Analysts) who are using one or another of these "news stories."

Even just look at the "approved sources" (like CNN), we get reversals and backtracking as journalists try to figure out how to write up what has happened. CNN, for example, says "stalker neither confirmed or unconfirmed." What does that mean? Some news sources say the stalker theory has been dismissed, but one would have to organize them all by time to try and figure out who is quoting whom and when each is posting their "news."

The rumor mills keep the victims in the public eye, I'm not sure that LE minds - it just means more eventual tips. By now, they've categorized their existing tips, so repeat tips just go on one pile or another.

Something about the Elantra, though, is near the top of the priority list.

I agree about the DNA if there was a battle. SG wasn’t quoting the coroner though; Those are SG’s words based on what the coroner told him.

MOO

Or on what he saw on the body or bodies post-autopsy.

Exactly this!

The only way, in my opinion, it could be relevant is IF there were someone who was asked to leave said establishment, or not return, due to their weird behaviours, or lack of safety/control/rule following.
Not really relevant probably, but seems pretty prevalent. Might make it harder for LE to locate and identify if they have such places in Moscow. JMO

IMO anyone who is capable of these murders, isn't hiding and cowering in fear that they're going to get caught. IMO they're privately gloating and enjoying all the media attention it's getting. I also think this monster gets a thrill whenever descriptions of wounds or the crime itself are put out on national news. JMO.
MY thoughts also. And the Dad is stroking the flames. This being said, wouldn't LE be have some legal way to demand the dad's silence.

I'm not on Social Media so I didn't realize that anyone anywhere in the world can just look at your pictures. I thought you had to be friends or be invited or something. So.....the killer(s) could get mounds of of information about the victims and the house from pinterest and whatever. That's shocking to me.
Who can see your posts and info is controlled by you thru security settings.

Going from what Kaylee’s father said were the wounds on Kaylee, how strong of a person would it take to do that and then continue on to others?

It sounds like a very strong person although people with adrenaline coursing through the body do impossible things,

It seems like there is no way that there was not blood spattering .

How could anyone get out of the house without leaving anything. Even if he had booties, there still would be a trail.

He did not fly out.

And where did dogs follow the trail? They would have sources of the victims scent which the killer would have on him .

Was there snow out there? If he came down through the back hill, one would think he would leave some footprints somewhere.

Some WSers with experience in knives (USMC person) have stated that they are taught to use those knives in an energy-efficient way that depends more on using their weight than their muscle strength.

Coroner initially said all were in their beds, then later said "some" were in their beds. One early report (DM) has one person on the floor (presumably in the bedroom).

At any rate, if a person is killed while on a bed, and in the manner that SG suggests (lung and liver?), blood spurt could be contained mostly to the bed. I believe that this killer certainly had blood spatter on their upper torso - but that the blood may have pooled elsewhere (under the bed, near the wall, etc) and that it's possible he avoided stepping in it.

That's why so many of us are saying this was a preplanned, careful killer. The ex-FBI profilers seem to say the same thing.

Initial blood spurt from an abdominal/lower chest injury might be less than we'd think. If it truly was little spatter and hardly any spurt, that means either the perp got lucky (four times) or knew where to strike (easily searchable on google) and how to strike effectively.

I believe that the dogs led LE only a short distance - which is why the Elantra is at play, most likely. I am not sure how much snow was on the ground that night - but by three days later, there was some. One person has said there was no snow in Moscow that night (but I have no way of knowing whether that particular WSer is accurate).

It's easy enough to check on weather sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy