ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, I should’ve read my post before posting ‍♀️ I meant the third floor window by the slider. I’ve attached the photos for reference. The “Good Vibes” sign is clear in both photos, one from farther away and one at night.
thanks MMM, very interesting.

will link to rest of the the WS member's photo collection just in case anybody needs them

Agreed. I believe k was in her own room and M was as well when the attack erupted. It’s been confirmed by the coroner that they were in their beds when the attack occurred, and ended up in the same bed together after being stabbed beyond saving. They both knew it was the end. They supported one another fiercely in life, and also in death. Either M assisted k or vice versa. Mortally wounded and fading, they sought comfort together and crawled into the nearest bed together. This is happening in mere seconds in real time. Chaos and confusion, panic and pandemonium reign supreme in this scenario.
I am pretty sure they were already in the same bed

I respectfully disagree from a sleuthing perspective. If you choose to believe SG. Just as I choose to believe KG, I also choose to believe SG. Why choose not to believe her own Dad?
Because he is a grieving dad, who very obviously focuses on his own child and is not privy to the details of the investigation. He does not have a full picture and of course for him Kaylee is a focal point of that picture.

I respectfully disagree from a sleuthing perspective. If you choose to believe SG. Just as I choose to believe KG, I also choose to believe SG. Why choose not to believe her own Dad?
From a sleuthing perspective there's not enough known facts to rule anyone or anything out at this point. IMO.

I find it interesting to say the least that the parents of the 3 other victims have refrained from saying almost anything. While I completely sympathize with SG, I cant help but think, there are 3 other families who have lost their dearest children as well, and I wonder why those families are not on giving interviews on a regular basis calling out on LE and etc.
What are those families thinking? What are they being told by LE? I also see some wild theories making their rounds on some other sites about this crime, and the so-called 'target'- a point that was brought to our attention by the interviews of SG.
I do think that while I understand the anguish of SG, the fact that 3 other families suffered a similar fate and are not giving daily interviews trashing LE is an important piece of this puzzle. If it was my family member who was a victim, I would join SG in all those interview.

This is just my thought.

imo, I'm not so sure. the killer could be from pullman, WA only 15 minutes away. Spokane is an hour and a half, ditto for Coeur d'Alene, a couple of hours to Kennewick, WA. Home before daylight.

They're not public information during an investigation.

Moscow is considered part of the “Quad Cities” for economic development and many other things, including some law enforcement (mostly drugs from what I can tell).
Here is a link from the Pullman city site and a map from the same link:
Business Climate
View attachment 387141

I have a feeling right from the start that the killer is a woman. I don't know why, it's not based on anything and I think, based on the little information we have, it's more likely that the killer is a male. But still, that feeling..
I would like to agree with you, but I think that honestly if it was just 1 murder, then a woman may have pulled it out but to keep killing-stabbing, and to do that to 3 healthy adults-is a feat to accomplish which I think only a man can.

I would like to agree with you, but I think that honestly if it was just 1 murder, then a woman may have pulled it out but to keep killing-stabbing, and to do that to 3 healthy adults-is a feat to accomplish which I think only a man can.
I think even a child can stab four sleeping people. Having said that, I'd wager a fair sum that this perp has outdoor plumbing.

Agreed. I believe k was in her own room and M was as well when the attack erupted. It’s been confirmed by the coroner that they were in their beds when the attack occurred, and ended up in the same bed together after being stabbed beyond saving.

No, it wasn't confirmed.

From the Moscow LE page:

The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times.

Bolded by me. They were asleep, when the attack started, but there is no word about where each of them slept at at hat point.

And something from the coroner herself:

An Idaho coroner says 'somebody that's pretty angry' stabbed 4 college students to death in their beds, likely while they were sleeping

Mabbutt, who released the autopsy results showing that the four friends were stabbed to death, confirmed during the interview with NewsNation that the victims were discovered in beds.
"It was late at night or early in the morning so it seems likely that maybe they were sleeping," said Mabbutt.

Again, bolded by me. The coroner doesn't say anything about the victms being attacked in their beds. Just in beds, where they were asleep. The most probable scenario is that Maddie and Kaylee jumped into one bed in Maddie's room, talked a bit, called J., then fell asleep. And then they both got attacked in the very same bed.

Keep it Simple
1. KG Said she had a stalker (lets assume she is intelligent and is correct about this)
2. Parents took some lock changing measures (they must have felt a credible threat)
3. KG randomly returned to campus. (last opportunity to kill her easily)
4. KG was brutally murdered with a large fixed blade. (somebody was very passionate)
5. It appears other house members murders were collateral damage.(stop focusing on them)
6. LE could not find evidence of a stalker. (that may no longer be true)
7. KG’s Mom mentioned she was sleuthing sex trafficking. (her digital forensics would show that)
CONCLUSION: There was a stalker and they need to find him.
One parent adjusted or fixed a lock on his daughter’s door.
Yes, LE stated that they could find evidence of a stalker And there has been no update to confirm otherwise.
All four victims were brutally murdered not just KG. To leave the other three victims out of the theories, imo is not looking at the complete picture.
There is no concrete info from LE that KG was the target. In fact, LE is still saying they are not sure if the house was the target or one or more of the students were the target.

From a sleuthing perspective there's not enough known facts to rule anyone or anything out at this point. IMO.
I am watching a true crime program right now- the victim was stabbed many times and she died: her male roommate was stabbed but received lesser injuries and he survived. Of course the police, in their wisdom state "it was a crime of passion"-- and they focused on the roomate: well, turns out it wasn't- it was a stranger murder. <modsnip> - which brings me back to this case--were they targeted or was it a stranger? we surely don't know at this point-- and making assumptions is not helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post!
This is the photo that sticks out to me. I believe they are standing on that little driveway that goes between 1122 and the apartments. I remember at the time some people were surmising they were doing line of sight investigation, but if that's the case, line of sight to what? The driveway? It almost looks like they are looking and pointing up into that tree. Clearly they are focused on something.
Weird...

AL9nZEVjfNz5IQabVjWuHeqJ7aGEo6ZU6U0sghmvxUooqBChntyw6tazU3T8oJC0UH0euNMyhTO7SpvnU5MDTWaAF3OOXL33mmryJ0kQyPYjghWenbSlX_yviDYgR3CPoUvYmqTQPTv2SQaPW3xs7SrHWtmzTA=w760-h834-no
Perhaps it’s just a picture, but does anyone know of there’s a video of these investigators on this day? I can’t seem to find one.

Because he is a grieving dad, who very obviously focuses on his own child and is not privy to the details of the investigation. He does not have a full picture and of course for him Kaylee is a focal point of that picture.
Yes, and Death Investigator Dr Laura Pettler had a good point when she stated on Court TV.

"I think that you know the first thing to remember here is that it's his interpretation of what the coroner is saying..."

Why is #2 such an issue for so many people? This house was quite large, 3 levels, and those levels were not directly on top of levels below. If their bedroom doors were locked, why would the killer confront them? Their bedrooms were on the 1st floor with the main door entry so it's likely that they often locked their bedroom doors. Many people sleep soundly, play white noise and other things to make sleep easier. The ME said that these murders were quick so IMO, there wasn't some long stretch of screams and banging, etc. We've been told by LE that the 2 surviving roommates were sleeping and didn't awake until later the next morning. I don't see why it should debated otherwise.
at first I was surprised they did not wake but after reading a lot and the house plan, I agree. I assumed the girls got home earlier, they were probably drunk and they turned on white noise. i am not sure where there rooms were in relation to the other rooms but I expect that the other bedrooms may not be over them. I think the killer did not know they were home or he wanted to flee fast and did not have time to go to the first floor.

Video with Dr Phil @ link.

''The killer or killers behind the murders of four University of Idaho college students in November could be "a random stranger," according to what criminologist Dr. Casey Jordan told Dr. Phil C. McGraw in his signature show.

Talking about the high-profile case during Dr. Phil, Jordan—a professor of justice and law administration at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury—said that she initially thought the killer or killers must have been someone known to the victims, but has changed her mind since.''

"As time goes on, I am more and more convinced that this could be a random stranger. Something like the Gainesville Ripper that we saw in Florida 30 years ago. As time passes, the odds of that being true do increase."

I’m sorry, I should’ve read my post before posting ‍♀️ I meant the third floor window by the slider. I’ve attached the photos for reference. The “Good Vibes” sign is clear in both photos, one from farther away and one at night.
There are actually two “Good Vibes” signs: one in the living room area, and one in Kaylee’s room.

Has SG said Kaylee specifically was targeted? Everything I’ve seen he either alludes to it or says he thinks it was Kaylee and/or Maddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966