ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video with Dr Phil @ link.

''The killer or killers behind the murders of four University of Idaho college students in November could be "a random stranger," according to what criminologist Dr. Casey Jordan told Dr. Phil C. McGraw in his signature show.

Talking about the high-profile case during Dr. Phil, Jordan—a professor of justice and law administration at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury—said that she initially thought the killer or killers must have been someone known to the victims, but has changed her mind since.''

"As time goes on, I am more and more convinced that this could be a random stranger. Something like the Gainesville Ripper that we saw in Florida 30 years ago. As time passes, the odds of that being true do increase."
I would still think, even if it were a random stranger, that he had to have at least attended some parties at this house, to be familiar with the layout.

As far as I know, Dr. Phil is the only approved source we have for that. I take it with a lump of salt (which means, I don’t believe it haha)
Sadly, I did watch that episode of Dr Phil and my impression was that the heated argument was not at the sorority bash, but at the frat party "Xana pulled him away, and of course we have the gap in the timeline; where did they go after that..."

ETA: Lump of salt taken. ;)

I'm starting to think Occams Razor on this one. So Many other cases have oddities, conflicting info, weird details that don't add up to anything, missing info, missing victims. This doesn't feel nearly as wonky as most cases I read on here (Springfield 3, Asha). Extra MOO.

Entin says that LE told him that the occupant/s of the white Hyundai E may not even be aware that they were close to a murder site/ event

( This goes back to the topic discussed on WS yesterday in relation to how Chief Fry phrased his comments re the appeal for info on the white Hyundai. I'd wondered if LE suspect the HE to be a perp's car or just a witness's car)

FWIW I worked with a particular person for 23 years and he was married. We were strictly working acquaintances. I have now been retired 16 years. Suddenly after all this time (I'm 72 years old) I started getting notes on my car, messages on Facebook, I was told he was in the office where I live asking for my address, they did not give it to him. I thought he stopped, and suddenly last week, I was leaving and he was in my building talking to the mailman about where I lived. I walked out right when he was there, OMG talk about shocked and frankly scared. I'm not sure what it is he wants, he's never said, but he is stalking me. He knew the car I drove, and so much information about me. In any case, the person who committed this crime in Moscow could have been a rejected person from their past. People can find you even if you don't want them to.

I'm starting to think Occams Razor on this one. So Many other cases have oddities, conflicting info, weird details that don't add up to anything, missing info, missing victims. This doesn't feel nearly as wonky as most cases I read on here (Springfield 3, Asha). Extra MOO.
Wow, I hadn't thought of the Springfield 3 in a long time. That case is one of the cases that got me involved in true crime. Case still baffles me like no other.

Idaho murders: Group spotted walking in background of bodycam video taken near crime scene at 3 a.m.

is this brand new information? Sorry to ask-thread moving so fast.

Can anybody chip in and comment about MM at the Grub Stop?

I re-watched the videos and to my mind, speaking as someone who has worked in many clubs and bars, it looked like MM was really really wasted and barely able to stand, wavering around, staring into space, moving her arms and hands incongruently, and holding onto / leaning into a part of the service area of the truck that was kind of in the way of people being served. Her friend is just kinda standing with her and they make the odd conversation but not much. <modsnip> Is it me thinking this?

<modsnip>

Was she drugged? She looks really really unstable. Did she eat the food? Anyhow my point is that someone who is that far gone they just need to get home and lay down before they fall down. At work, I would remove this person to a safe place, get them off their feet, give them some water, arrange for them to be safely taken to their home, pray they're not going to vomit everywhere and pray they're not going to be taken advantage of by some hideous creep who are on the lookout for these vulnerable women (happens all the time).

Anyhow when she got home, I'm sure she'd have been out for the count and be almost impossible to wake. JMO MOO What do others think about the videos

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never seen a furnished college rental in my college town, only short term type places for business folks
I co-signed leases when my daughter was in college, a group would rent from landlords or big property management companies for the entire home, definitely not individual rooms as I’ve seen queried on here.
On occasion if one student was gone for the summer they may sublet out their own room but other roommates would want to agree on the human in mind
Idaho murders: Fox News’ Ted Williams pushes back against ‘peeping Tom’ theory: 'More personal'.

Above article from 11/23. In there is a pic I believe shows Kaylees bedroom which looks to me to have a bed and white bed linen of some sort. I think that’s what SG was referencing when he stated you could see her room and it was clean or not disturbed. Maddie’s room would be in the back, correct?

FWIW I worked with a particular person for 23 years and he was married. We were strictly working acquaintances. I have now been retired 16 years. Suddenly after all this time (I'm 72 years old) I started getting notes on my car, messages on Facebook, I was told he was in the office where I live asking for my address, they did not give it to him. I thought he stopped, and suddenly last week, I was leaving and he was in my building talking to the mailman about where I lived. I walked out right when he was there, OMG talk about shocked and frankly scared. I'm not sure what it is he wants, he's never said, but he is stalking me. He knew the car I drove, and so much information about me. In any case, the person who committed this crime in Moscow could have been a rejected person from their past. People can find you even if you don't want them to.
The problem is, what are you supposed to do about something like that? If you go to LE or try to get a restraining order, could that just push them over the edge? That stinks. :(

It's not just you. She also walked through other people chatting and twice she knocked into the white jacket woman while she was talking to sweater guy.
Yes. They look drunk. Most people at food truck are getting food. Some are worried about cameras and not getting food. Some people remain after the girls leave, and others leave without ordering food.

That looks like one of the windows on the second floor at the back of the house. These images were collected over the past month. Looks like police investigated the possibility that someone touched one of the back windows while breaking in ... but I thought police said there was no sign of a break in. Perhaps that window was one of the ways tenants entered the house when they were locked out?
IMO, if the handprint is on the window, this is the point where the killer stopped and put his handprint on the window, using the window for leverage, as he slipped off his shoes

Yes, I am still only thinking fact based. We only know that two people were found on the second floor, and two on the third. We don’t know where, only that they were likely asleep when attacked. We don’t know if anyone specifically was targeted, and we don’t know if anyone’s wounds indicated a more vicious attack than the others. The coroner stated stabbing in upper chest/torso was COD.

What I don't understand about COD is if people were in bed sleeping, usually people sleep on their side or slightly on one side, not always but mostly IMO. Also, usually people sleep with their night clothes on or some of their day clothes if they're dog tired and flopped. Most people nowadays sleep with a duvet and maybe an added blanket pulled up to their chin. Most people sleep a bit curled up foetal position like. People sharing a bed often are snuggled into one another or at least touching.

Supposing everyone was really really wiped out from a long day and also drinking a bit too much, I imagine they'd have fallen into deep sleep. They were also definitely sleeping in pairs right?

I'm so baffled as to how the murderer entered the room, crept about, probably in poorly lit circumstances and then was in a sufficient position to fatally knife each person in the pair through the chest. I can imagine they slashed deeply around their throats which would be the most swift, effective, fatal, and least noisy method.

How can they have crept in pulled down blankets, rolled the person on to their back, moved their arms out of the way, in order to punch hard deep fatal knife blows into their chest bearing in mind our ribs protect our vital organs. Were they some kind of pervert who wanted to look at the girls' chests?

How did they know these girls were dead drunk and would not rouse? Is it possible they went to the house to seek out one of the people, so happened armed with a knife they habitually carry (or had one in their car) and then on finding everyone incapacitated decided to do some gruesome stuff?

Mee too. I'm zero persuaded this was a random stranger, serial killer, house breaker, distant stalker, opportunist. I feel this was an inside job and there are plenty of people who either absolutely know the truth or are sideways to knowing and must have pretty good suspicions. I suspect there are issues at play to do with the 'greek life' and either secrecy or dealing with things themselves. JMO MOO

is this brand new information? Sorry to ask-thread moving so fast.
yes the date of the Fox link is 13th December

it's a largish group of people, a split second shot of them walking (home?) I can't discern any details from that shot and LE are bound to have seen it.

Link states:

'Police have previously said investigators found nothing of evidentiary value in the bodycam videos – but it remains unclear whether they have identified or interviewed the people walking. Fox News Digital asked about the images on multiple occasions beginning Saturday and has not yet received a response.'

Olivia Vitale, a true crime vlogger with more than a million followers on TikTok, went viral Saturday with the details. She said she believes someone walking with the group may have information that could help investigators.'

again, a case of msm 'journalists' poring over SM to find material for MSM
PS looks to me like a group of 4 or 5 people. I cannot see anybody running at all.

Last edited:
Yes. Both of your excellent points have been discussed at length here.

Re: 1. The use of a knife does seem to reveal something about both the crime & the person(s) who committed it. Certainly quieter than a gun. Lots of expertise about the knife choice has been shared.

Re: 2. The two survivors are not speaking publicly about the deaths of their roommates. IMO the layout of the home prevented them from being attacked. Their rooms have no view inside from the rear of the home as he others do. Lots of great, thoughtful opposing viewpoints have been shared here along with layouts of the home that help to see all points of egress & assumed locations of the victims.

Welcome to Websleuths! Keep commenting. We can use all the insights we can get.
My thought is that the killer didn’t know them or know of them- he/she was angry at the four who were killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966