ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSCOW, Idaho – EXCLUSIVE: Detectives collected eight hours of surveillance videoTuesday morning from a gas station in Moscow where a clerk saw a white sedan passing by at 3:45 a.m. on the night of the unsolved stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, according store workers.

An overnight assistant manager told Fox News Digital that she's been reviewing the tapes a little bit at a time over the past few days, looking for clues in her downtime on the graveyard shift. She said she was not working on the night of the murders.

Monday night, she said, she reached the 3 o'clock hour and spotted the car. She said she took a picture of the screen and sent it to an email address police set up to receive tips.

"I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras," she said, asking that her name not be publicized out of safety concerns as the suspect remains at large.

The car drove by "real quick," she said, and turned down a side street off Highway 8.

Last week, police said they were looking to speak with the occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who may have information on the slayings of Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20. The three women lived together at the home and Chapin, who was dating Kernodle, spent the night over.

Police have said they believe anyone in the Elantra may have "critical information to share" in the case.
By all means, just tell the whole world your tip. Sounds like a great plan. This is when the media annoy me.

Was this station in the range where they were looking for info from originally?

Replying to my own post to add:
If K and/or M heard or saw "unusual activity" downstairs or anywhere outside or inside of the house in the dark of the night when the rest of the household was asleep or had been asleep, or they had just gone to sleep and were awoken by something, then they must not have been sure what it was.

Otherwise, I think they would have dialed 911 instead of K's ex boyfriend? If they heard or saw something they must have continued to be unsure for around a half an hour (during the approximate timeframe they took turns calling K's ex boyfriend a number of times, according to LE - I think there is a link to this information in the Media Timeline Pages), but concerned enough to repeatedly call him? Or maybe they were trying to call him for another reason.

K and M's multiple calls to K's ex boyfriend in the middle of the night when K and M were at home just before and/or "around the time of the murders" are really confounding IMO.
I hope this isnt against the rules to speculate but perhaps K and M did see something and thought the person they saw was K's ex boyfriend. But it wasnt him it was the killer. So she was calling he ex to ask him what he was doing in and or around the house. That would explain why M was calling as well. That would mean they should be looking for a young male approximately the same size as K's ex.

I am hoping that someone can help me with a question about the address.

The address is listed as 1122 King road. I took a Google Maps ride and see the end of King road is a cul de sac. To get to the driveway to park, you have to take a left on Queen Rd and the driveway is on the left. You cannot get to the house via a vehicle from King rd, you have to drive onto Queens rd.

By doing that on Google Maps, I am wondering how on earth anyone even in the dark could not comprehend that there are 3 levels to the home.

Also if someone was "casing out the home", they obviously would have had to check out every angle of the home. You do not case out only one side of a home that is ridiculous.

After doing the street view, I truly feel that there is no way the killer(s) did not know about the home having 3 levels. Especially the main door with the wreath hanging on it above the keypad, right where people park.
MOO

• Multiple stabbing occurs significantly more frequently in sex-related homicides (≥ 3 stab wounds) than in other homicide types. When the criteria for multiple stabbing are changed (≥ 4, 5, or 25 stab wounds), the percentage of sex-related homicides rises in every group in relation to the increased number of wounds. Sensitivity and specificity are represented by ROC curves for 3, 5 and 7 stab wounds. The correlation coefficients between multiple stabbing and sex-related homicides regarding gender are all near 0.9. For female victims, all homicides committed by 25 and more stab wounds were found to be sex-related. Statistically, jealousy was the most frequent motive for sex-related multiple stabbing homicides. Regardless of age, homicides involving multiple stabbings should be considered sex-related, especially when the victim is female.
Thanks for info. Relates to my theory. Suspect is
-male
-is known by victims- especially K
-he had expectations of a starting a relationship/hooking up with K who was visiting for the weekend before she moved out of state.
- he knew this was last opportunity
-K wasn't interested but had not told him and was leaving the door open or liked his infatuation( thought it was harmless)
-He thought following her around that night, while she gets more and more intoxicated- there might be a chance.
-he carries a knife regularly/ hunts
-he is 19-22/ peak testosterone and sexual desire
- he is in hiding, has had little interaction with public since
-black sheep of family
-has a record of harassing/intimidating women
- has been in the home many times

I am hoping that someone can help me with a question about the address.

The address is listed as 1122 King road. I took a Google Maps ride and see the end of King road is a cul de sac. To get to the driveway to park, you have to take a left on Queen Rd and the driveway is on the left. You cannot get to the house via a vehicle from King rd, you have to drive onto Queens rd.

By doing that on Google Maps, I am wondering how on earth anyone even in the dark could not comprehend that there are 3 levels to the home.

Also if someone was "casing out the home", they obviously would have had to check out every angle of the home. You do not case out only one side of a home that is ridiculous.

After doing the street view, I truly feel that there is no way the killer(s) did not know about the home having 3 levels. Especially the main door with the wreath hanging on it above the keypad, right where people park.
MOO
Personally, I don’t doubt he knew there was 3 stories. But he may not have known that bottom level contained bedrooms as opposed to say, a converted garage/rec area/workspace.

MOSCOW, Idaho – EXCLUSIVE: Detectives collected eight hours of surveillance videoTuesday morning from a gas station in Moscow where a clerk saw a white sedan passing by at 3:45 a.m. on the night of the unsolved stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, according store workers.

An overnight assistant manager told Fox News Digital that she's been reviewing the tapes a little bit at a time over the past few days, looking for clues in her downtime on the graveyard shift. She said she was not working on the night of the murders.

Monday night, she said, she reached the 3 o'clock hour and spotted the car. She said she took a picture of the screen and sent it to an email address police set up to receive tips.

"I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras," she said, asking that her name not be publicized out of safety concerns as the suspect remains at large.

The car drove by "real quick," she said, and turned down a side street off Highway 8.

Last week, police said they were looking to speak with the occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who may have information on the slayings of Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20. The three women lived together at the home and Chapin, who was dating Kernodle, spent the night over.

Police have said they believe anyone in the Elantra may have "critical information to share" in the case.
This is such great information!

At the edge of my seat, literally. IMO - Really starting to feel like LE has a very good idea of what happened, and early alibis or statements are not matching up. Now that they (likely) have the car in the area and beyond at the time of the murders, they know their theory is correct. I think as someone stated earlier, they are putting together the puzzle a piece at a time and will nail the suspect before too long. I also think that many of our jaws are going to end up literally on the floor when we find out what happened because I am feeling like someone very close to the suspects is responsible and that there are a fair number of people who know what happened. Only my opinions.

I wonder if the several calls from K/M to the ex boyfriend are because of the commotion they hear from the floor below them, with murder/E/X screaming and thrashing.

Thought about this. Maybe, if they heard an voice downstairs and an argument, and they identified the person immediately as a friend of J. I could see the girls trying to get him to come help deal with it initially rather than calling 911. But the timeline of the calls seems way too long for that to me. Surely if it was escalating to audible violence, screaming, bodies thumping around, as it would have had to in that scenario, and he hadn't picked up in all that time and all those attempts, they would have tried someone else, or 911.

how can u see HWY 8 from the Station? She wasn't working how does she know?

Really hoping this is the lead LE needed. I've seen plenty of true crime shows that specifically solve crimes using CCTV. Once you know the direction your perp is heading, you can (most of the time) continue to pick the car up using traffic cameras or various businesses or home security cameras to track them. IF this is the case, there is a good chance they might be able to get a picture of the license plate, occupants or at the very least any identifying marks on the vehicle itself.

This seems like huge information. Praying it spans out! Thanks for sharing!

3:45 am. K's family said the last call placed to the ex was around 2:52 am. Police suspect the murders happened between 3 and 4 am.

Source: What We Know About Kaylee Goncalves' Final Phone Activities

If this car is the car police are looking for, or if it has something to do with the murders, that helps with the timeline and police could know the route the car took. They could get more footage from other businesses and try to narrow down the search. Grateful that there are people like this clerk out there who take the time to help! MOO

Edited for wording.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members