ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about this. Maybe, if they heard an voice downstairs and an argument, and they identified the person immediately as a friend of J. I could see the girls trying to get him to come help deal with it initially rather than calling 911. But the timeline of the calls seems way too long for that to me. Surely if it was escalating to audible violence, screaming, bodies thumping around, as it would have had to in that scenario, and he hadn't picked up in all that time and all those attempts, they would have tried someone else, or 911.
Unless... There was something in the house they needed to clean up before cops showed up i.e. drugs. No judgement here and I can recall a few times when there was a thought to call the police at a party for any number of reasons and it was decided against due to underage drinking etc. Just a thought!

Is there any data on how long it takes to fall asleep? I cannot fathom making a call at 02:52 and then being fully asleep such that someone can kill me and 3 others and be driving down the highway by 03:45. I get that alcohol is involved but it takes a while to get into deep sleep doesn’t it (at least, according to my Fitbit data!).

Putting it another way, to go in immediately after lights out would take an immense amount of balls (UK slang for bravery just in case that’s not a universal term).
Police believe all four were back at the house before 1 am. K made six calls between 2:26 am and 2:52 am. M made 3 calls between 2:44 am and 2:52 am.

source: What We Know About Kaylee Goncalves' Final Phone Activities

There was an hour (or a little over an hour) between the four coming home and the last phone call. A little over half an hour between the calls on K's phone. This is MOO, but I think K and M were getting ready for bed between 1-2 am or while K was making those calls. There was no answer, so they just went to sleep. Again, JMO.

Replying to my own post to add:
If K and/or M heard or saw "unusual activity" downstairs or anywhere outside or inside of the house in the dark of the night when the rest of the household was asleep or had been asleep, or they had just gone to sleep and were awoken by something, then they must not have been sure what it was.

Otherwise, I think they would have dialed 911 instead of K's ex boyfriend? If they heard or saw something they must have continued to be unsure for around a half an hour (during the approximate timeframe they took turns calling K's ex boyfriend a number of times, according to LE - I think there is a link to this information in the Media Timeline Pages), but concerned enough to repeatedly call him? Or maybe they were trying to call him for another reason.

K and M's multiple calls to K's ex boyfriend in the middle of the night when K and M were at home just before and/or "around the time of the murders" are really confounding IMO

It’s heartbreaking. I don’t know if this was the typical or atypical contact behavior. Maybe something odd happened earlier in the night. One girl woke up and thought about an earlier event in the night ‘oh no’ I think this could be trouble… she asks her friend who agrees and they call J to ask his opinion?

Is there any data on how long it takes to fall asleep? I cannot fathom making a call at 02:52 and then being fully asleep such that someone can kill me and 3 others and be driving down the highway by 03:45. I get that alcohol is involved but it takes a while to get into deep sleep doesn’t it (at least, according to my Fitbit data!).

Putting it another way, to go in immediately after lights out would take an immense amount of balls (UK slang for bravery just in case that’s not a universal term).
MOO- The thought occurred to me that the killer may have prowled around inside the home before and planted a camera, which he retrieved when he went back to massacre them. With the technology available today, I think having a video of his crime would be too tempting to resist. MOO

2 perps same weapon?
2 perps 2 (possibly identical) weapons.
But what you mentioned, although it implies a longer time frame, may be more probable, in a Murder on The Orient Express way. Revenge at its rawest

Thought about this. Maybe, if they heard an voice downstairs and an argument, and they identified the person immediately as a friend of J. I could see the girls trying to get him to come help deal with it initially rather than calling 911. But the timeline of the calls seems way too long for that to me. Surely if it was escalating to audible violence, screaming, bodies thumping around, as it would have had to in that scenario, and he hadn't picked up in all that time and all those attempts, they would have tried someone else, or 911.
Thought about this too - also wondered if it's possible that X&E came back to the house with a friend of J's? Not sure if that has been ruled out elsewhere in the thread? The friend of J potentially being drunk/annoying/creepy to the other girls so they called him to come and collect him. Then when J didn't pick up the girls went to bed. He could have come in with X&E and left via the sliding door. Makes sense as to why the dog wouldn't go crazy too if there was some sort of fight between E and the killer. JMO

I dread to think that's why K/M were found together in bed, scared s****less, holding each other terrified as the murderer made his way upstairs.

Moo
I'd hope if this were true, they would've tried to jump off the balcony. It was one flight up and there was a sofa on the patio below.

snipped.

In looking at the blueprints in your linked article I noticed in the top left corner of the second floor there is writing that says "plate glass window removed." Does that mean that it was missing from the window or that LE took it?

Attachments

• 1670969357569.png
    1670969357569.png
    973 KB · Views: 33
I am at a point now where I am confused by real footage and fake footage, that has been put out and whatever that I am trying to not use anything as fact. I know LE has it under control as far as the cases evidence . That will solve the rest. But it takes time.

Murdering 4 people with a knife is exhausting messy business. If it was a single perp I can easily see why he didnt go looking for more victims.
JMO

Yes this is my reasoning as well. I bet the last person he killed was one of the victims that had defensive wounds. The stabbings were taking a toll on him and he was becoming sloppy because of it. Being more taxing on him so he left without finishing the remaining occupants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans