ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, just tell the whole world your tip. Sounds like a great plan. This is when the media annoy me.

Was this station in the range where they were looking for info from originally?
Exactly. “Hey, suspect. Hide your car. Get rid of the evidence. Go into hiding. They’re on your tail.”

To anser your other question, it’s north of the original grid. Correction: East of the grid. You could take Taylor to Styner to Troy which puts you on the grid portion of Taylor Ave to 95S.
ETA Sorry, @gliving. I see you already posted this.

Attachments

• FD48A64E-D5F0-4BD7-B91A-A11293DA33FE.jpeg
    FD48A64E-D5F0-4BD7-B91A-A11293DA33FE.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
This map shows the distance between 1122 Kings RD and the gas station only. I have no idea which route was taken.

View attachment 387226
MOO and pure speculation: If that was the killer's car and this is the route the killer took, that narrows down the timeframe from around 3:00 am to 3:40 am. If this is the case, it shows the killer didn't spend a lot of time in the house.

The problem I have with Occam's razor is NOT that this case might actually be that explanations that posit fewer entities, or fewer kinds of entities, are to be preferred to explanations that posit more, BUT that if one settles into that mindset ONLY, killers like BTK just wander free. Because there was no Occam's Razor there. There was no Occam's Razor in the case of my friend who was murdered unless someone's version of Occam's Razor could have been that a person she didn't know and no one she knew had knowledge of decided to rape and kill her with some bizarre methods I won't go into here, knocked on the door right after her boyfriend left, did exactly what he had planned, scattered her purse contents into some bizarre locations in the condo and and disappeared until genealogy found him 40 years later where it turned out he had committed suicide on the DAY of her murder 24 years after the murder.

Occam's Razor is fine. Until it isn't. JMO.

Why did the business have to contact LE about this? A month in, shouldn't the opposite have already been done?
It’s out of their request for footage initially. So i think they requested this when they asked for info on the Elantra. I don’t expect them to ask for cameras across the whole city. Is it possible they already had video from near this location and didn’t actually need this video? But if they lost the trail near here then most definitely it should have been requested.

Police believe all four were back at the house before 1 am. K made six calls between 2:26 am and 2:52 am. M made 3 calls between 2:44 am and 2:52 am.

source: What We Know About Kaylee Goncalves' Final Phone Activities

There was an hour (or a little over an hour) between the four coming home and the last phone call. A little over half an hour between the calls on K's phone. This is MOO, but I think K and M were getting ready for bed between 1-2 am or while K was making those calls. There was no answer, so they just went to sleep. Again, JMO.
Sure, but if they were calling at 0252 then they wouldn’t have actually gone to sleep until after 3am. If the murders occurred between 3 and 4am then that’s not a lot of time to actually ‘fall asleep’. Sometimes it can take me 30 minutes or more to get to sleep but I don’t know what is normal.

MOO and pure speculation: If that was the killer's car and this is the route the killer took, that narrows down the timeframe from around 3:00 am to 3:40 am. If this is the case, it shows the killer didn't spend a lot of time in the house.
This may not be the killers car. What if it’s an accomplice that just dropped off the killer?

Or coindidentally a white sedan went zipping by a mobil station at 3:45 and was completely unrelated... hmmm

It’s out of their request for footage initially. So i think they requested this when they asked for info on the Elantra. I don’t expect them to ask for cameras across the whole city. Is it possible they already had video from near this location and didn’t actually need this video? But if they lost the trail near here then most definitely it should have been requested.
Shoe leather. Should have come knocking. It's just over a mile in the dead of a November Sunday night, not many out -- an open business.

This may not be the killers car. What if it’s an accomplice that just dropped off the killer?
Well then hopefully it leads to the accomplice and that person is interviewed.
Or coindidentally a white sedan went zipping by a mobil station at 3:45 and was completely unrelated... hmmm
That's why I said "MOO" "pure speculation" and "if".

Why did the business have to contact LE about this? A month in, shouldn't the opposite have already been done?
I had the same thought. The gas station is only a mile away. How did LE not stop by there and ask for surveillance footage right after the murders? Hard to believe they left this up to the businesses to review and report.

To be fair, it fits very well with the killings timeline

To go from the victim's house to that gas station requires 4-6 minutes judging by Google's calculation. He'd have left the house at around 3:40 AM more than enough time for the victims to go to sleep after 2:52 AM and for the killings to occur.

Exactly. “Hey, suspect. Hide your car. Get rid of the evidence. Go into hiding. They’re on your tail.”

To anser your other question, it’s north of the original grid. Correction: East of the grid. You could take Taylor to Styner to Troy which puts you on the grid portion of Taylor Ave to 95S.
interesting map directions says Taylor to 95 then left on styner but U can bypass that and go right to styner by making a right on Lauder from Taylor. If im a local driver im taking this way. if im following directions its different. Wonder which way they went

Idaho murders: Cops take hours of video from gas station after clerk spots white car on night of stabbings​

View attachment 387220

Good job by the station clerk. However I find it astounding that LE had not canvassed the area for all available video immediately after the murders. I trust this is not an indication of the other facets of the investigation.

Police believe all four were back at the house before 1 am. K made six calls between 2:26 am and 2:52 am. M made 3 calls between 2:44 am and 2:52 am.

source: What We Know About Kaylee Goncalves' Final Phone Activities

There was an hour (or a little over an hour) between the four coming home and the last phone call. A little over half an hour between the calls on K's phone. This is MOO, but I think K and M were getting ready for bed between 1-2 am or while K was making those calls. There was no answer, so they just went to sleep. Again, JMO.
Do we know if they were in-fact calls or texts maybe both? Either way both can be telling as to the events leading up to the forensics determining the TOD.

I'm sure by now LEO has the information as to who received the type/content of the communications and the ping of the phone and location receiving it.

IMO Digital forensics will be a key component in sorting this all out.

Sure, but if they were calling at 0252 then they wouldn’t have actually gone to sleep until after 3am. If the murders occurred between 3 and 4am then that’s not a lot of time to actually ‘fall asleep’. Sometimes it can take me 30 minutes or more to get to sleep but I don’t know what is normal.
JMO Wouldn’t be surprised if M and K fell asleep much faster if they had consumed alcohol earlier.

Thoughts since hearing about the footage.... Of course, they could've been going anywhere but first I would start with:
Are there any houses in the neighborhood where the vehicle turned that are primarily off-campus college housing?
Who lives in that neighborhood that was in the friends circle or somehow knew them from work or school?
Any areas around there that would be an obvious dumping ground?
And of course, check all the other cameras in the area.

Have been faithfully following since beginning, but have absolutely had to skip a lot of pages, so I don't mean to be a newcomer to already asked and answered inquiries, but:

1) Has it been confirmed that the J being repetitively called by K&M was, in fact, K's ex?

2) I don't know many people who sleep on their backs (including myself), though I know some do. But what are the odds that ALL 4 of the victims were sleeping on their backs (considering they all were stabbed in the chest)? It's just an odd detail that my brain refuses to let go of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans