ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
U think the Killer would have scouted the house and continued his plans knowing there was a dog? To me id move on unless I knew the dog wasn't home. I just can't see a SK thinking I don’t care if they have a dog.

I'm not sure if the house was the plan all along, or just a crime of opportunity that night.

I don't think the dog deters everyone the same way. Plenty of stories with people breaking in and dogs being present. Dog could easily have been locked up, locked up by the perp, or let outside.

"
The father of Kaylee Goncalves said on Sunday that the victims had "big open gouges" that were clearly the work of a "sadistic male".
Steven Goncalves said he had asked the coroner how many times the victims were stabbed.
"She says, sir, I don't think stabs is the right word, it was like tears, like this was a strong weapon, not like a stab," he told Fox News."

I'm not sure if the house was the plan all along, or just a crime of opportunity that night.

I don't think the dog deters everyone the same way. Plenty of stories with people breaking in and dogs being present. Dog could easily have been locked up, locked up by the perp, or let outside.
How many quad homicides w dogs tho?

Unless the police have something good that they're not sharing, I'm thinking the killer got away with it at this point.

I would not be willing to bet that the killer believes that. I highly suspect that he (assuming it is male) has already been interviewed at least once, and perhaps even a second time, or someone with knowledge or suspicion has been interviewed. If I were the killer, I would not be too comfortable right now. I strongly believe that someone, besides the killer, knows or suspects who the killer is, and it is only a matter of time before someone talks, if they haven't already. JMO

A. Someone in the social circle -- already knows the dog and knows he's not a problem.

B. Someone outside the circle who knows the dog is there from watching but has decided he won't be a problem based on size, breed, and regular exposure to late-night visitors.

C. Someone random, who didn't know about the dog but was not deterred by his presence or possible barking.

• Multiple stabbing occurs significantly more frequently in sex-related homicides (≥ 3 stab wounds) than in other homicide types. When the criteria for multiple stabbing are changed (≥ 4, 5, or 25 stab wounds), the percentage of sex-related homicides rises in every group in relation to the increased number of wounds. Sensitivity and specificity are represented by ROC curves for 3, 5 and 7 stab wounds. The correlation coefficients between multiple stabbing and sex-related homicides regarding gender are all near 0.9. For female victims, all homicides committed by 25 and more stab wounds were found to be sex-related. Statistically, jealousy was the most frequent motive for sex-related multiple stabbing homicides. Regardless of age, homicides involving multiple stabbings should be considered sex-related, especially when the victim is female.

how many homicides like this period? Not many! I doubt the dog was even present. JMO
he was present we know that. I just can't get around someone planning a crime which really keys on being silent and disregarding the dog as just a non factor. Think it's someone who thought K was out of town still.

To be fair, I think people are putting too much emphasis on what the coroner said.The coroner has no idea because she is not a medical examiner. She's there to basically confirm whether the victims had pulse or not. She also said the victims were "likely" found asleep and "some" (implying more than one) had defensive wounds. Both Xana and Kaylee's father suggested that something went down on the second floor and it wasn't as "clean" for the killer as the upstairs murders.

The coroner, unlike the parents is the part of the investigation. She read the autopsy protocols, she saw the crime scene, so she knows much more than the families of the victims. I see no point in undermining the value of her statements, especially that they were later confirmed by the Moscow LE, on their webpage.

That’s my feeling also. I didn’t think about drugs at the beginning, but I am beginning to wonder. I didn’t go to college, so what would happen if for instance, for instance, 50% of a sorority is taking drugs, or dealing in them? Would that particular school try to hide it or come clean or don’t schools now a days care if students are doing drugs? it would be interesting to know how many students have cooperated with the police. Just my opinion.
For pulling all-nighters and keeping up concentration, adderall and Ritalin were popular when I was in college. Xanax for anxiety. Ecstasy for parties. I don't like pills and I was always surprised how many people would casually offer them if I said something like 'gotta stay up all night finishing a paper.'

Have you ever seen a full grown man in a jealous rage? Yes, men can and do get that angry.
I agree that jealous men can get angry. But angry people make mistakes before, during, and after they commit crimes- and those mistakes make the crime more "solvable". In a jealous rage you would think that one of the girls' phones would have been "blown up" before the murders. Also stab wounds to the face, or back, or torture, are not uncommon in jealous crimes. If the victims were asleep and murdered one by one, it would indicate a more methodical and calculating dimension, IMO. And the fact that the survivors were not awakened with sounds of a fight, yelling, or screams, etc. suggests to me a more methodical calculation and less of a crime of passion. But that's just my opinion. And the reason why I think it was a big athletic dude, is because he was not intimidated by the others in the home and that he was able to physically subdue his victims including another male (perhaps stabbing them while holding them down and covering their mouth) without stirring the rest of the home- and multiply that by 4 times.

(JV) was also there and said that the women were catching the attention of many of the men at the bar.

'A lot of guys were talking to them at the Corner Club,' he told DailyMail.com, adding that Goncalves was visibly drunk. 'The taller girl with the pink on, she was glass-eyed. I audibly said "Eww' out loud." She was just stumbling through.'

I find it very interesting that in the daily mail article you attached the report specifies that M&K are found in bed and X & E are found on the 2nd floor, then it just says “in 2nd floor bedroom referring to X’s room”. Does not specify in bed like M&K.

IMO this leads me to believe that one or both (X or E) may have been discovered outside of the bed.
Do they just not have confirmation? Is that why it is not specified? Or do they know something the public does not and do not have authority or full LE confirmation to release to the public?

IMO - I think a lot of people have assumed based on the unusual 911 call that X or E were possibly discovered outside of the bed in or near the entry to the bedroom by the surviving roommates.

IMO- This article by DM helps to confirm what X’s father said in an interview “she fought for her life” - insinuating that she woke up. Most likely while E was being attacked.

IMO- E was the first to be attacked.

he’s the strongest… the one the Killer would have most likely found it important to attack first… based purely off of his size and the fact that if he were to be woken to others in distress he would be much more difficult to subdue and attack, if in attack mode himself.

To my knowledge the police have only confirmed this was a targeted attack.

We still do not know:

- who was attacked first
- who were the targets
- why anyone was attacked or targeted or if it was the house itself or the occupants.
- the mystery behind the 911 call. Yet to be fully explained. Why?
- why LE was confused about X and E timeline.. / is tight lipped about it.

- if x or E were the targets why go upstairs and brutally attack M&K?

- if M&K were the targets why attack E & X?

At the one month marker of this horrific tragedy… I can’t help but understand the immense pain and suffering of the victims families for their loss and their frustration about the investigation and lack of information they are receiving and why no POI has been publicly released.

With that said… I am still confident in Moscow LE as well as the FBI due to the amount of information they are holding onto… I can’t help but be hopeful and believe it is because they do have a POI, and are very close to making an arrest and just holding off until they receive forensic confirmation to ensure they will be able to get a conviction with the arrest.

Let me know your thoughts on the unanswered questions and If you believe LE is closing in on someone like I do.

U think the Killer would have scouted the house and continued his plans knowing there was a dog? To me id move on unless I knew the dog wasn't home. I just can't see a SK thinking I don’t care if they have a dog.
We have 2 golden retrievers. Neither of them are barkers but they love to get rowdy with one another. Everyone in our house sleeps through their noises. Assuming this dog was a barker or a rowdy pup, the people in the house may not have been woken up by any noise and if they were, they might not have been phased. Also important to keep in mind that this house was a "party house" so even if the roommates heard barking, and heavy footsteps it wouldn't be a stretch to assume they didn't believe anything was out of the ordinary.
I don't see a lot of valuable information being gathered from the investigation into where the dog was. LE has not talked much about him. I'm wondering if he had any potential evidence on him and that's why LE has remained tight lipped. MOO

In past cases all over the country ,we have seen sk's actually befriend dogs ,bring snacks ,even get to know the dog very well. It's weird but it is a thing.

The lack of reward has me wondering. Have people turned the person in, but they don't have enough to charge?

I dont know why else there isn't one. (But also that doesn't make sense as we've got a car and someone would've connected those dots)
Wasn’t the Delhi reward over three hundred thousand though?
Not a peep about RA

Ok, we know, NY Post.
I’m sure LE is aware as well & has identified/interviewed. Carry on.

Yes, I was the victim of an attempted murder. So I am well aware of what men can become when they rage. I've lived to tell the tale. I've seen "that look" and only those who have seen it know what "that look" is.

However, there is a difference between strangling someone, stabbing someone, shooting someone, and slicing open an entire apartment of college students. Big difference.
I am so sorry, how awful for you. I hope you can heal, not sure I could. I do think that under specific circumstances that a man in such a rage could knife to death 4 students. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214