ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not mentioned is that Madison and Kaylee looked a LOT alike. It is possbile the killer targeted one of them, killed the wrong one, realized his mistake then went for the other.

Yes, Maddison and Kaylee look a lot alike. If I didn’t know better, I would think they were sisters. You might be on to something with that.

IMO they actually have very different features, but they resemble one another because they went for the same look. Bleached blonde, false eyelashes, etc. It's a specific sort of style, IMO.

I can see someone who didn't know them very well confusing one for the other.

From what we hear from the families and what we see in their pictures, they both appear to have been gregarious, extroverted personalities.

I do think they were targeted, one or both, and it is within the realm of possibility that the killer either saw them as an intertwined pair, or mistook one for the other.

Jmo

Respectfully, A LOT of people who are college age know how to use knives, specifically for hunting, fishing, camping, etc.

What stands out to me is that this knife is, specifically, manufactured to be a weapon. To me, that says it's less likely a knife the killer found in the house and used; it's more likely their personal possession.

I am convinced this is a person who, if they have friends or family, is seen with the murder weapon 24/7.

Given that the local store doesn't sell this brand/type of weapon, the killer bought it somewhere else, was issued it for combat or was given it by a relative or friend, or, perhaps, stole/took it.

If they bought it somewhere else, it's likely the killer is also FROM somewhere else. JMO
It's not at all unusual for folks on the Palouse to publicly carry slightly over-the-top weapons. Guns and knives are very prevalent. Lots of hunters in the area but even more than that, folks tend to have a rough exterior there and can be confrontational. IMO as someone who lives here, sounds like the type of person who grew up in rural Idaho rather than on the Washington state side.

Last edited:

"At 2:26 a.m., Kaylee starts to call Jack," AG told "Inside Edition," which described Jack as a young man. "Kaylee calls Jack six times between 2:26 a.m. and 2:44 a.m. From 2:44 to 2:52 Maddie calls Jack three times, then Kaylee makes a final call to him at 2:52 a.m."
Wow.I thought it was just Kaylee calling him.Strange that Maddie would also call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Moscow LE he has been cleared as well as the surviving roommates.
I hadn't seen that yet. Could you please point me to the link. I am having trouble keeping up with this thread!
Thank you.

So, nobody just walks around with a blade of this length.
I know someone who does - who's college-aged. Their knife is not serrated, though.

This person grew up in a really tough environment, parents had a lot of dangerous people around them, and they spent time living on the streets as a kid. They carry it everywhere (and have even given it to me when they thought I was in danger).

Per Moscow LE he has been cleared as well as the surviving roommates.
I hadn't seen that yet. Could you please point me to the link. I am having trouble keeping up with this thread!
Thank you.

Very respectful to all. The college kids I personally know, may not have special skills with a knife. Then again, I also don’t live in Idaho. Geographically, skills are vastly different within this age group. I will say, this reminds me of a young man who was brutally stabbed from Lynchburg, VA. Turned out it was MS-13.

Also, why was one of the girls going to move away? I missed that. Transfer schools or simply graduation?

I'm guessing the 2 surviving housemates got up on Sunday morning, went about their business and then left the house using the main front door - while the murdered 4 were upstairs on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The 2 surviving housemates probably assumed the other 4 were upstairs still sleeping.
That reporter was reading from a cue card thing. I truly believe she missed the word “Not”.
I think this is a mistake.

Very respectful to all. The college kids I personally know, may not have special skills with a knife. Then again, I also don’t live in Idaho. Geographically, skills are vastly different within this age group. I will say, this reminds me of a young man who was brutally stabbed from Lynchburg, VA. Turned out it was MS-13.

Also, why was one of the girls going to move away? I missed that. Transfer schools or simply graduation?

Graduation and a new job in another state, coming up.

IMO i have to say that despite the bumbling nature of local police have handled the press, the FBI is involved and i think that if they have a suspect they could be advised to keep saying there's no POI or suspect. same with the autopsies, they may have something and also they probably do not want to divulge such gruesome imagery to the public in respect to the families.
Agree. The FBI is where all of my faith is currently.

Could this possibly indicate that they have audio that could include a suspect's name?

Do we know if the 911 call made around noon is the only 911 call that was made from the residence?

Could there have been other calls, including to 911, made from any of the victims' phones that just haven't been mentioned to media because it's an ongoing investigation?

If K and M were making multiple calls to Jack that quickly from their phones that close to the time that LE has indicated was the time of death, it's possible one or both of them also called 911. These were people who were quick with their phones.

I didn’t mean to imply that the other 3 weren’t special as well. But, like you said, we only really know at this point what has been shared by family members. And we do know Kaylee was one of those extra special people who lights up a room, so to speak. As I said in a previous post, people that special can often attract a lot of jealousy and resentment through zero fault of their own. And while it’s possible others in that house also placed calls or texts around the time of the murders, we haven’t been told that yet. So we have to make theories based on what we do know, and we do know quite a bit about Kaylee. She would not have been in the path of the killer but rather in an out of the way location the killer would have had to make extra effort to access. That says to me her death was important to the killer in some way. And the fact that she was moving away permanently soon is at the very least a curious coincidence.
I believe that Kaylee was the target as well. Just a gut feeling. I think it is very suspicious timing because it was to be her last weekend there before moving away. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper