ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were a killer, would you come forward?

Quite unlikely. And no one would ever find that car, either.

But there could be other reasons for not coming forward as well.
For example:
--if I were having an affair (me, the daily mail, the sordid details of my torrid romance with a Ryan Reynolds double--I could see that ending badly, and just an example of course lol-not happening irl)
--if I'd had the bad luck of stealing the car on the same night as a quadruple murder
--if I were a drug dealer posing as a mild-mannered Elantra driver who no one would otherwise suspect because drug dealers don't drive Hyundais, etc.
--if I were 14 and I'd 'borrowed' my parents' car to sneak out with my friends (not that I know anyone who ever did something like that but...)
--if I'm a quadruple murderer and I have tied up all the loose ends and permanently destroyed evidence, I have a solid alibi, there's nothing to tie me to the crime, let them find me, not vice versa.
all of this is JMO and JMI

LE really needs to step up the case now- this is the second time this week that internet sleuths have brought forward evidence that seems to be have been 'missed' by LE.
The first instance being the individuals walking hurriedly in the background in the bodycam footage and the second instance being the gas station CCTV footage.
It is not really encouraging to think that LE have not picked up on this evidence already. Instead they put out an article stating that they want to ' crack down in the wild rumors brought by internet sleuths'.
It's also possible they had this information, but wanted to keep it from the public to avoid tipping off the killer. There's evidence in every murder case that LE tries to keep from the killer to prevent him doing something to destroy evidence, etc.

For example, sometimes (not always), they don't release information about a vehicle the killer used to avoid him getting rid of it, destroying evidence.

Previously, I wasn't so certain about the killer stalking the victims in public, but then recalled the sad case of Hannah Graham, a young student at UV Charlottesville who was stalked by a killer noticing she was lost and slightly intoxicated. He showed up on video stalking her. He also killed Morgan Harrington in a similar way, by following her as she walked down the street, then luring her into his cab.

The WiFi router in the home would have records of any connection attempt, successful or not. This will only give you the MAC address of the device but could be useful in determining the times the victims arrived home and also the time they disconnected to go to sleep, if this is what they did. MAC address is unique to every device and could be helpful if an "outside" device registered during the timeframe of the murders. Devices would need to be powered on and have WiFi enabled. Personally I don't think the murderer would be dumb enough to bring their phone but then again they just might have..

Areas of note in the neighborhood to the north and east of the gas station:
-several apartment complexes
-tons of farmland
-a couple storage units
-many smaller duplex and trailer-type homes that could offer lower rental costs to students
Could an Elantra, knives, tactical gear fit in these storage units? I might ask for video here too.

I thought of this scenario as well . Could be the reason they were speeding towards the scene IMO
Maybe it's just me, regardless of whether or not it was the killer or an accomplice (or neither), speeding doesn't seem like a particularly bright thing to do at any hour of the day/night if you're wanting to be unobtrusive. But adrenaline and nerves do have to be taken account of in that situation.

My post yesterday about the car in the footage possibly being a Prius was deleted because of an unapproved source. Except, I didn’t use that source as a source, only mentioned that it was where I got my idea for the theory I fleshed out on my own, with my own reasoning, and clearly marked as my opinion only. So, here I go again, without mention of any source. All photos are from US News & World Report.

First, the grille from the footage shows a low wide open grille below the headlights, ending at the inner corner of the headlight.
28AA3E90-403F-46BB-937A-7F7BF4901F0C.jpeg
The 2013 Elantra has a low open grille as well, but it also has smaller openings under each headlight which are not seen above.
33F8870B-70E6-4DFF-9C4F-7A8CA5D49FB9.jpeg

MOO— The Gen 2 2003-2009 Prius has a low open grille and headlights more consistent with what is seen in the still frame of the footage.
CA5A1754-9CC5-4211-B549-F291FD27F9B4.jpeg

I
Has anyone else seen the white car in the food truck video? I saw it on TikTok and I do not know how to load video.
Just went and saw it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of light colored cars out there. It is chilling though.

Extreme sexual deviancy and misogyny.
Extreme anger. If it was committed by a young person who thought that one of the housemates had ruined their life then that would be a motive. If a housemate had outted something about someone (or even just knew something) that would in effect destroy his/her life - that would motivate that person to murder. "My life is over. Now his/her life should be over."

MOO-

Is anyone else concerned that in a town with only 15 gas stations (which are well known to have surveillance cameras… not all but most)……

It wasn’t the police to request the footage from all of them and find the video of the white sedan….

Instead it was the gas station attendant.

I feel like besides the areas the victims were last seen and any home security / surveillance camera footage near the homes… etc.

This would have been an obvious piece of evidence to collect / request from all local gas stations. Immediately.

I understand the media frenzy and immense public pressure that followed was completely unexpected for LE. I understand the case is complex and difficult especially with all the tips and theories floating around and flooding LE tip lines.

But as far as surveillance footage officers should have looked into very quickly… requested themselves.. gas stations would be at the top of my list.

Just don’t know how I feel about the discovery of such crucial evidence having been looked over and discovered by a gas station attendant and not LE.

My understanding is LE visited the gas station once before yesterday. Imo, with all the CCTV collected, LE hadn't reviewed this one yet. And LE is going to concentrate on the areas closest to the crime scene first. Imo, of course.

My post yesterday about the car in the footage possibly being a Prius was deleted because of an unapproved source. Except, I didn’t use that source as a source, only mentioned that it was where I got my idea for the theory I fleshed out on my own, with my own reasoning, and clearly marked as my opinion only. So, here I go again, without mention of any source. All photos are from US News & World Report.

First, the grille from the footage shows a low wide open grille below the headlights, ending at the inner corner of the headlight.
View attachment 387453
The 2013 Elantra has a low open grille as well, but it also has smaller openings under each headlight which are not seen above.
View attachment 387456

MOO— The Gen 2 2003-2009 Prius has a low open grille and headlights more consistent with what is seen in the still frame of the footage.
View attachment 387457
I'd add, having owned/driven three Prius' in the past (hey, I'm a dude...I don't drive Elantras! :p) that the wheels/tires on Priuses (Priii?) are super-small to attain less rolling resistance and better gas mileage, so I think you're on to something here with the Prius angle. I'd also reiterate what I suggested earlier: I don't think this isn't the Elantra they're looking for. Now, if they've decided the car they ARE looking for ISN'T an Elantra, then it would make sense they're treating this video with some seriousness...

Last edited:

View attachment 387453
View attachment 387456

View attachment 387457
The video still we have of the Elantra is grainy, but this is a vehicle LE has been looking for additional information on since one of last week's press release. Or, it is a different model and unrelated, IMO.

IMO, LE must have something very convincing. In many cases, they will describe a car they are looking for more vaguely, like 'late model light colored sedan'. The fact that they have specified make/model/year tells me they have solid information, whatever it may be.
Or they know who's car it is, and want to know if the owner was stalking the house previous to the murders.

Bringing this up here in case someone has found/seem something in Google Maps I didn't: the only cameras at the gas station I'm finding are on either side of the car wash (entrance, exit) and point more or less north/south. I'm not finding anything on the front of the building, or any other area for that matter (including on top of the canopy), but that's not to say they're not there (hidden, or new/not picked up for Google, whatever). Based on other people's posts, I could believe that this car could be on either street - someone mentioned a vertical "post" in the background of the picture, and there are street lights on 8, but also a stop sign on White that could account for it circled in blue). With all that said, it's MOO, and I don't think this is the car they were originally looking for (but again, that's not to say it isn't the car they're currently looking for).

1671035899480.png

Plenty of men drive Elantras.

The sharpness of a knife is mostly irrelevant when stabbing 4 people to death. It's not quite the same as chopping onions.
Also, I don't know where this notion that a ka-bar dulls quickly comes from. Ka-bar's are extremely solid knives and exceptionally durable. There have been many youtube videos testing this particular knife through rigorous torture and it always holds great. It took this guy:
video link
close to 15 minutes to destroy the knife and the tip was just fine at the end of it. It's no wonder these knives are considered the "best of the best" from what I've seen when it comes to performance-price ratio.

LE really needs to step up the case now- this is the second time this week that internet sleuths have brought forward evidence that seems to be have been 'missed' by LE.
The first instance being the individuals walking hurriedly in the background in the bodycam footage and the second instance being the gas station CCTV footage.
It is not really encouraging to think that LE have not picked up on this evidence already. Instead they put out an article stating that they want to ' crack down in the wild rumors brought by internet sleuths'.

There is no reason to believe the "internet" did anything in this instance other than notice something that may have already been noticed. Let's not make this into a Boston Marathon "We did it Reddit!" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member