ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s what I mean by the black A pillar…top photo is the stock photo of a 2013 Elantra we keep seeing, then the gas station video, then a Veloster. See how the pillar running up the windshield to the roof is black? If the gas station car is THE car they’re looking for, I really don’t think it’s an Elantra or anything with a painted A pillar.

The shape of the rear windows don’t seem to match either do they
2011 elantra length:178.3

veloster length: 166.9

11.4" difference- so LE can tell that from photos, IMO

Something I am curious about is why they have so much interest in this vehicle.

Do they have strong indications that the occupants of the car know something crucial to making their case or are they so stuck that they are looking for the car out of desperation to find something that could give them a clue of where to look next?

We really don't have any context to know what stage the investigation is in or if the killer got in and out like a phantom or not.

Speaking for myself it's very stressful waiting for that context to come and I'm just a dude who is far away as imaginable from that crime. I'm nothing like the targets and I'm geographically as far away as possible in the continental United States.

I can't imagine the kind of stress people who are close to the crime are under.
IMO. And fear too. Everyone is afraid when things like this happen.

I expect the autopsy will not be released, because we still haven’t seen the details of the deaths at Delphi after nearly 6 years.

JMO
Every state has upheld any challenge to autopsies being withheld during a criminal investigation either by legislation or the courts.
That includes Florida’s Sunshine Law on public records, probably the strongest open records law in the nation, where criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information are exempt.

Someone earlier posted about a car LE were searching for in a different case. I think they stated LE initially went was looking for a Toyota but changed it to a Honda.

The more I look at the video still the more I think that vehicle isn't a Hyundai Elantra. I reminds me so much of a Ford Focus hatchback. Here's an image of one from 2012. Side profile facing the same way as the video still. The headlight configuration (more rounded) seems to match up better than the Elantra. The angle of the rear quarter pane window seems to match the angled shape of the video still image. IMO
I don't think so. The front is different and the front tires look pushed forward more on the Elantra. They are going through a lot to track it down so I assume they're quite positive about the make/model.

Attachments

• 20221216_020404.jpg
    20221216_020404.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
I'm sure the police could verify if the Greek life service had a name of the program if it exists. If it does exist and it's legit they should have a log of pickups they were dispatched to. If they don't have a log and some organization than how valid of a service could it be with no responsibility or supervision to answer to? Were there other passengers in the car and multiple stops? Its just concerning to me that when the words Private party or Uber is used eyebrows raise but when "sorroritys driving service" is used people are set at ease and rule it out just because someone said it was a sorroritys service without examining it further and getting it straight.
The police have explicitly stated they don't consider the driver who took them home involved, so I don't think it's really a grand mystery or all that complicated for LE to verify their story and rule them out, even if the exact details aren't known to the public. MOO I imagine they're trying to protect the driver from the insane levels of doxxing that has touched so many people only tangentially connected to the case.

My GUESS at this point is the white Elantra is being concealed in a garage/building, burned, in the bottom of a lake or river, abandoned over state lines, or something similar. Perps seem to think they can rely on “jurisdictional blindness”, as our Late Great @Foxfire used to call it.

Iirc, in Tim Bosma’s case (killed for his truck), the perp hid his truck in his mom’s garage.

My guess is the car doesn’t belong to a witness, but likely the killer, jmo.

Last edited:
My gut is the guy knew he was taking great risks, and took them anyway.

I suspect he knew people were downstairs.

And he thought about his exit route before entering house.

Maybe he thought about where he would hide the car afterwards?

Just ideas

I don't think so. The front is different and the front tires look pushed forward more on the Elantra. They are going through a lot to track it down so I assume they're quite positive about the make/model.
IMO could it be a white Nissan Altima?

The police have explicitly stated they don't consider the driver who took them home involved, so I don't think it's really a grand mystery or all that complicated for LE to verify their story and rule them out, even if the exact details aren't known to the public. MOO
Yeah and they said the same about several others in the vicinity. It's annoying to me that it's still being called different things. All three different descriptions have different implications.

Methodical.....planned then?

JMO. Maybe not planned in advance, but the person is perfectionistic and rolled the plan in his head, many times over. To me, it rules out impulsivity. The person thought of the best day, time, entry, retreat, weather. He tried not to leave traces. It is possible that he minimized any chance of being linked to the victims. He probably operated within a very tight timeframe of an alibi. I imagine that it was not the situation when he killed intended victims and then accidentally ran into someone else so he had to kill those people, too. Rather, he checked one floor, room-by-room, till he found one inhabited and killed its occupants. Then he went up/down another floor, and checked room by room, till he found the victims there. Maybe he checked the basement, found it closed, then left. I wonder if the word “economical” can be used for him. He probably didn’t make much mess outside of the rooms. Maybe he tried to step in the same footsteps on his way back, or left exactly the same way. Probably, he worked fast. One can’t tell from this description if either of the victims were targeted, or, indeed, he had been to the house before these people moved in and knew the general layout. Or perhaps he simply studied the house on Zelle; then he should have good visio-spatial orientation.

It is hard to tell whether the person was obsessed with killing, or obsessed with a certain victim/s. It almost rules out being obsessed with two victims, unless the people were so joined at the hip that two became one. (It doesn’t seem to be the case. X@E were together for less than a year. K@M were close, but in different sororities. I can imagine the situation when he was following one victim, and when the victim moved, say, from a sorority to a house, he changed the place).

As I am typing it, I wonder if this scenario allows for several killers, or a murder prompted by emotions. Neither seems to be the case. The day could have been somewhat triggered by a quarrel, but the plan had been brewing in someone’s head for a long time. Likewise, I can’t imagine two killers in the house.

JMO. Maybe this is what an organized killer is.

Hmmm ... Or perhaps the car frequently visited the house?
Or possibly ONLY visited the house once or twice.
I think the girls pull the dog in the other bedroom so while they were gone it would not get into stuff. Wonder if they let it out when they got home. It was a young dog which takes time outside ???
The dog is an important part of the story IMO

I can see your point. I do think the video still has some distortion in it, though. Even the stock images of the Hyundai Elantra provided by LE don't show an elongated front end like the video still. If anything, the front end of the Elantra is even more compacted than the Focus.

The Police saw this car on Taylor and near the residence on Cam.

They are certain it’s a white Elantra.

The pictures people are debating are from a Mobil station on White and Troy - and that model hasn’t been determined.

MOO.

Or LE misidentified the make, model, or year of the car. Who knows?
I highly doubt that LE and the FBI has misidentified the vehicle. But if they did what a major screw up that would be. I would like to give the FBI and LE more credibility than you’re purportedly giving them. I would think or atleast I would hope that before they released such a vital clue to the public like make and model of suspicious vehicle that they have the right description. Otherwise that would make LE and the FBI extremely incompetent. However, I like to give LE and the FBI more credit than that. I am sure especially with the FBI involved that they have crossed their t and dotted their i before releasing any information related to the case. JMO

Last edited:
I posted about this in previous threads. Where did K's dad mention it was a "sorority program". Did he specifically use those words? Because what does that even mean? Is it a company the sorroritys runs a tab with or some local guy trying to make a few bucks on the side by offering the service they all use? The guy Joe I believe his name is interviewed from the bar said the guy pulled up and yelled out to the girls "Hurry up". That utterance sounds pretty familiar to me. I'm not doubting the sorroritys service explanation but words used are important and it seems like people are all using different words to describe what the car service was. I'm sure the police could verify if the Greek life service had a name of the program if it exists. If it does exist and it's legit they should have a log of pickups they were dispatched to. If they don't have a log and some organization than how valid of a service could it be with no responsibility or supervision to answer to? Were there other passengers in the car and multiple stops? Its just concerning to me that when the words Private party or Uber is used eyebrows raise but when "sorroritys driving service" is used people are set at ease and rule it out just because someone said it was a sorroritys service without examining it further and getting it straight.
It's just a sober sister thing that some sororities do. They keep a sister on call to pick up any sorority sisters that may need a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub