ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So far I've only seen one picture, not a video, of any car...a white one. Where is this video? Is it from a news report, LE, or who. I'm really confused because most posts simply say the car, a car, the white car, etc. I want to know if the video showing the girls arriving home is the same video that shows a white car driving by the house and has this arrival video been published? I know the car that brought KG and Maddie home is a dark color. Is there video of the other 4 coming home? If so why don't we know anything about it? There must be for the LE to know the times they got home. And I think it's odd they all got home around the same time. And because of so many ambiguous reports and my confusion, I may be totally out in left field.
It confused me too, maybe because all this info you are asking about these two cars is from assumptions made online, then reported as speculation by some media.
LE has not verified any of these details or released video of anyone arriving home, only the time they arrived home and the use of a private car service by MM & KG, as far as I know.
KG’s father further described the private car as a sorority designated driver service.
It is normal that LE don’t release all the details of an active investigation.
I think the two surviving roommates came home at a different time than the four victims, around 1AM, if I remember correctly.
Alcohol sales are permitted between 6AM and 2AM in Moscow, maybe that explains why everyone of legal drinking age goes home when they do as the bars are winding down?

OT, I'm just interested:
What does this mean? Fingerprints from digital online images???

“When you take a photo, your smartphone or digital camera stores "metadata" within the image file. This automatically and parasitically burrows itself into every photo you take. It is data about data, providing identifying information such as when and where an image was captured, and what type of camera was used.

It is not impossible to expunge metadata, using freely available tools such as ExifTool. But many people don't even realise the data is there, let alone how it might be used, so they don't bother to do anything about it before they post images online. Some social media platforms remove information like geolocation (though only from public view), but many other websites do not.

This lack of awareness has proven useful for police investigators, to help them place unwitting criminals at a scene.”

OT, I'm just interested:
What does this mean? Fingerprints from digital online images???
Lifting a print from a photo

“Among the government’s wilder Mitre orders: a prototype tool that can hack into smartwatches, fitness trackers and home thermometers for the purposes of homeland security; software to collect human fingerprints from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the FBI; support in building what the FBI calls the biggest database of human anatomy and criminal history in the world; and a study to determine whether someone’s body odor can show they’re lying.”

Mitre Corp. runs some of the U.S. government's most hush-hush science and tech labs. The cloak-and-dagger R&D shop might just be the most important organization you've never heard of.

[edited to add link/quote]

Last edited:
the article is confusing for sure. He is saying it is 2 separate cars in the video.
I think they may have bungled some details here. Based on the report cited earlier in this thread, the 2nd vehicle mentioned here may have been traveling west on Linda Lane. If you look at it on the map, Linda Lane is perpendicular to Taylor at first, but then curves parallel to Taylor. One could travel W on Taylor, then S on Linda Lane, then curve W on Linda Lane and intersect with the parking lot that circles all the way around the large apartment complex directly adjacent the crime scene to the E. No streetview is available where Linda Lane intersects with that parking lot, but it appears possible to drive directly from Linda Lane into the parking lot. That would mean it is technically not a dead end after all! It appears someone could go W on Taylor, S on Linda, W on Linda, curving N behind/between the crime scene and apartments, then turn W on Queen, N on King, then W on Taylor. This route would avoid the stretch of Taylor between frat row and the crime scene (the area where the police made the stop and had body cam footage).

How will LE know when they have found the "one" ? What's so different about the one seen on the surveillance camera, or by eye witnesses?
Traces of victims blood inside the vehicle. Carpet fibers from vehicle inside 1122 King Rd. IDK, a large knife found under the front seat
LE is looking for a very specific Hyundai Elantra to match trace evidence IMO

It's possible that a similar-car owner who stopped driving in the last few years parked the vehicle due to age, and a caretaker has the keys. Someone like that may not know that police are asking about similar cars, nor would someone like that know whether the person they reported it to made the call. It could be a vehicle that has not be registered in the last few years. There are lots of possibilities ... 22,000s.
Let’s say that the original owner as you say let a care taker drive their car. Then the caretaker of that car who was driving it near the murder scene on November 13 would and should know by now that they are being asked to come forward.

A vehicle that’s not been registered in years has nothing to do with the fact that the person or persons who were driving that white Hyundai Elantra vehicle near the murder scene on November 13 has not come forward.

So regardless if the registered owner isn’t driving the vehicle anymore, regardless if that white Hyundai Elantra hasn’t been registered in years, regardless if it has been stolen etc.

There was a person or persons that were in that white Hyundai Elantra that drove near the murder scene on November 13. The person or persons know that they were in that car on that day and know they are being asked to come forward. So if they got nothing to hide and are innocent they should have came forward.

The police and FBI aren’t saying if you’re the owner, or caretaker, or whatever of the white Hyundai Elantra than come forward. The FBI and LE are saying if YOU were the person and or Persons in the white Hyundai Elantra driving near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward. Or if you know who the person or persons are that were driving the white Hyundai Elantra near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward.

In other word if you’re the owner of the white Hyundai and you lent the car to a person or persons LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who you lent it to. If you’re the owner and you let someone be the caretaker of your white Hyundai than LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who is the caretaker of your car.

Above all LE wants to talk to the person or persons that was inside the white Hyundai Elantra at the time that the vehicle was near the murder scene on November 13.

Overall, the white Hyundai Elantra was not driving it self on Nov 13. There was a person and or person in that was in the vehicle driving near the murder scene on November 13 and LE wants that person or persons to come forward. JMO

Last edited:
My GUESS at this point is the white Elantra is being concealed in a garage/building, burned, in the bottom of a lake or river, abandoned over state lines, or something similar. Perps seem to think they can rely on “jurisdictional blindness”, as our Late Great @Foxfire used to call it.

Iirc, in Tim Bosma’s case (killed for his truck), the perp hid his truck in his mom’s garage.

My guess is the car doesn’t belong to a witness, but likely the killer, jmo.
I agree. It's also possible that the car has been crushed and junked, possibly after being burned.

Starting at approximately 1:00 in the video, it almost appears there is a white vehicle sitting on Linda (left of screen).

The time is 2:54a and the entire interaction with the Band Field kids is over after 3:15a.

(Maybe I just need some sleep.)

Could the driver of the White car - be watching the feed from the grubtruck live and saw K & M order food and waited for them to go home before arriving by car??

Linda Avenue - is walkable to the King address - at the end of the street. Could the person have been watching them before this night - previously by cutting through Linda Avenue??? Just considering possiblities MOO

So the video shows the girls likely drop off going past at 1:45 and then the white vehicle is seen between 2:45 and 3:15am. From this, I think we can say that M and K were not followed from the food truck or anywhere else, for that matter, as the car shows up a least 1 hour if not longer after they were brought home.

We also know that X and E returned home about 1:45 and they also were not followed. Five-hour gap in victims’ movements still unexplained weeks on from Idaho murders

From your linked article:

"Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. " (Likely M and K's ride from the food truck.)

"The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage."

This indicates that, the house or one or more of the occupants were targeted by someone with a plan to kill them. Whoever it was knew where 1122 King Road was. It's not like someone randomly ran across one or more of these 4 people and decided, for some unknown reason, to follow them home and commit murder.

I'm trying to layout what happened in an orderly fashion here to understand the sequence of events.
It’s hard to do that with the info from the article. The article is written in a confusing way.

I think they may have bungled some details here. Based on the report cited earlier in this thread, the 2nd vehicle mentioned here may have been traveling west on Linda Lane. If you look at it on the map, Linda Lane is perpendicular to Taylor at first, but then curves parallel to Taylor. One could travel W on Taylor, then S on Linda Lane, then curve W on Linda Lane and intersect with the parking lot that circles all the way around the large apartment complex directly adjacent the crime scene to the E. No streetview is available where Linda Lane intersects with that parking lot, but it appears possible to drive directly from Linda Lane into the parking lot. That would mean it is technically not a dead end after all! It appears someone could go W on Taylor, S on Linda, W on Linda, curving N behind/between the crime scene and apartments, then turn W on Queen, N on King, then W on Taylor. This route would avoid the stretch of Taylor between frat row and the crime scene (the area where the police made the stop and had body cam footage).
The article clearly states the Car is traveling West on Taylor Ave.

And there’s a picture of the view from the Camera house and you can see Taylor Ave (where the streets T) and they go on to say the Car is captured only in Side View.

If the car had turned and traveled up Linda, you wouldn’t have only the side View.

-

There's a white sedan in the police bodycam. Looks like it was dropping off one of the kids who ended up talking to the officer. Possible that's the car that was on video. Maybe turned around therefore facing east (as it was on the video)
That would make the white Elantra the unmarked police vehicle? If you watch the bodycam footage, you see a second Officer come out of the white car. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is an additional white vehicle caught on Linda Lane surveillance camera?

The article clearly states the Car is traveling West on Taylor Ave.

And there’s a picture of the view from the Camera house and you can see Taylor Ave (where the streets T) and they go on to say the Car is captured only in Side View.

If the car had turned and traveled up Linda, you wouldn’t have only the side View.

-
Thank you-that clears up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members