ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From last press release:
“Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi
house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.”

So did they officially close the gap in E and X’s timelines ? “Direction and method of travel” seems odd to me because if they were at the sigma chi house all night …they would simply be traveling home at 1:45 which is like a 5 min walk.
About a 1 minute walk...

A crime of passion doesn't necessarily have a sexual connotation. A woman who murders an abusive husband while being assaulted is a crime of passion. A heated argument between family members which ends in assault with a deadly weapon is a crime of passion. Even road rage incidents could be considered crimes of passion.

The definition of a crime of passion is the act of murder that takes place when a person is emotionally charged or responds to a provocation and reacts without thinking. The person who commits the crime is reacting to a stimuli; they simply act without premeditation.

I don't see these murders as a crime of passion. The murders don't appear random or opportunistic to me. They appear calculated and planned. Although I do believe that at least one of the victims is collateral damage.
A “crime of passion” can get a murder charge reduced to manslaughter based on one’s emotional state as a mitigating circumstance.
In the past it was used more, especially, “she humiliated me, I lost it and killed her”, it was often blaming the victim as a defense.
Mayor Bettge showed his lack of legal knowledge saying that, it made me check, he has a bachelor in fisheries and wildlife resources and a master in food science.

“Art is retired from the USDA and consults in the wheat end-use industry as ADBWheat. Art is a member of the American Association of Cereal Chemists International.”
Art Bettge

There's so little traffic on the roads from 3 to 5 am in a town of 25,000 , that you'd think if they got every camera footage, the killer must be on it somewhere. Probably just a few 100 cars. Mostly Ubers and taxis I guess.

If he's not on camera, then he must've walked to the house from close by.
I don't think we can rule out a lengthier walk time by someone familiar with the terrain. There are many outdoorsman who could easily navigate miles on foot, even in the cold.

There is another gas station, a Chevron, further east along White Avenue, (at 1418 E White Ave) straight to the east of the Mobil station. I wonder if it had any security cameras, that might have caught the white car heading west on White Ave at about 3:45 am.
Another issue that just occurred to me: if the camera at the Exxon-Mobil was showing 03:45:10 am, do we know for sure it was set to PST time zone, rather than PDT time zone. The daylight savings time switch should have been almost 7 days prior to that, but could the transition to standard time somehow NOT have occurred in the surveillance system, so that it was saying 3:45 PDT which would have been 2:45 am PST, a time more likely to be BEFORE the murders. Just a thought.

I'm still in awe that gas station footage wasn't found or asked for by LE in the early days. I have a few thoughts:

1. This tells me that possibly LE wasn't scrambling doing foot work because they had an idea who did it and just had to do evidence collecting and build a solid case (maybe rested on their laurels thinking slam dunk?)
2. But then maybe a wrench in their plan (alibi, no DNA left or something didn't match up with their theory) so then they had to ask public to submit footage OR
3. They are short resources and didn't have the manpower to do the foot work and go from house to house, business to business in a general vicinity around the area
4. They knew of the white car in early days so no outside footage needed of car and this is strategy to put pressure on killer that "they were seen by others"

MOO, pondering as so odd that footage wasn't
Time the footage was released to media does not equal time that LE knew of the video.

The video show the car M and K were in coming back from the food truck and then an hour later shows the white Hyundai. There is no video of E and X coming home that we know of. All we know is that M, K, E and X were home by 1:45am.
Thanks. So far I've only seen one picture, not a video, of any car...a white one. Where is this video? Is it from a news report, LE, or who. I'm really confused because most posts simply say the car, a car, the white car, etc. I want to know if the video showing the girls arriving home is the same video that shows a white car driving by the house and has this arrival video been published? I know the car that brought KG and Maddie home is a dark color. Is there video of the other 4 coming home? If so why don't we know anything about it? There must be for the LE to know the times they got home. And I think it's odd they all got home around the same time. And because of so many ambiguous reports and my confusion, I may be totally out in left field.

Exactly, it seems police work 101 to canvas all gas stations/biz cam footage in a large general area... how and why in the world was that overlooked?

I have to think there was a reason is all. No idea what that reason is though lol
It wasn’t overlooked. LE could have found the video weeks ago. It is only NOW that the info is being released to the media.

I posted about this in previous threads. Where did K's dad mention it was a "sorority program". Did he specifically use those words? Because what does that even mean? Is it a company the sorroritys runs a tab with or some local guy trying to make a few bucks on the side by offering the service they all use? The guy Joe I believe his name is interviewed from the bar said the guy pulled up and yelled out to the girls "Hurry up". That utterance sounds pretty familiar to me. I'm not doubting the sorroritys service explanation but words used are important and it seems like people are all using different words to describe what the car service was. I'm sure the police could verify if the Greek life service had a name of the program if it exists. If it does exist and it's legit they should have a log of pickups they were dispatched to. If they don't have a log and some organization than how valid of a service could it be with no responsibility or supervision to answer to? Were there other passengers in the car and multiple stops? Its just concerning to me that when the words Private party or Uber is used eyebrows raise but when "sorroritys driving service" is used people are set at ease and rule it out just because someone said it was a sorroritys service without examining it further and getting it straight.
It’s in the link you are responding to.
Fraternities also volunteer drivers for sorority sisters service.

“He also disclosed publicly for the first time that his daughter and her best friend, Madison Mogen, used a sorority designated driver service to get them from the Grub Truck downtown to their home at about 1:56 a.m. the day of the massacre.”

Father of slain University of Idaho student sheds new light on 911 call for 'unconscious person'

Another issue that just occurred to me: if the camera at the Exxon-Mobil was showing 03:45:10 am, do we know for sure it was set to PST time zone, rather than PDT time zone. The daylight savings time switch should have been almost 7 days prior to that, but could the transition to standard time somehow NOT have occurred in the surveillance system, so that it was saying 3:45 PDT which would have been 2:45 am PST, a time more likely to be BEFORE the murders. Just a thought.
Brilliant

Was it for sure a t.v? I remember seeing a computer monitor thru a window showing a similar message because LE took the computer's tower and/or hard drive.

I cannot even begin trying to remember which news story that was to link it (I'm sorry) so I would understand if this comment gets deleted.
It never occurred to me it was a computer monitor because it was so big. And I don't recall a report that stated specifically a tower was taken. Hard drive absolutely would be, but the monitor would not be displaying a message if the tower and hard drive were gone would it? At this point I would believe anything. Lol

Just catching up.

I don't really buy into this info from vape store guy. It seems to be a little too much like the info that's out there. Why would you assume 4-5 girls are together to be safe!? Girls of that age are usually in groups hanging out.

K & M were comfortable enough to walk down to the grub truck intoxicated after 1am, but not safe popping in to a vape store!? Or did they find him a lil odd!?

Hmmm. JMO.

Regarding Jack and the Box bag on the table and the receipt with a victim name on it and someone’s postulation that one of the cars seen on security video was UberEats or DoorDash delivering food…

I order DD at least 3x a week in different cities and my name is on the receipt/bag about 50% of the time, but not always. It tends to be chain restaurants that add customer names to receipts but not always. Panera adds names to both DoorDash AND pick up orders as well. I do not know what Jack in the Box normally does- If I am in an area with Jack in the Box- I will DoorDash it and let you know!
Also in a shared refrigerator environment, it's quite common to put your name on your food...

Just catching up.

I don't really buy into this info from vape store guy. It seems to be a little too much like the info that's out there. Why would you assume 4-5 girls are together to be safe!? Girls of that age are usually in groups hanging out.

K & M were comfortable enough to walk down to the grub truck intoxicated after 1am, but not safe popping in to a vape store!? Or did they find him a lil odd!?

Hmmm. JMO.

would be silly to lie cuz B and D would know

Or, they were having an illicit affair, they were out delivering newspapers, were late for work, or they were having a late night chocolate craving.
Affair, stolen car but not by the murderer, drug dealer delivering, kids who took the car for a joy ride - I could go on. delivering newspapers, late for work or late night craving probably wouldn't qualify as reasons to avoid the police, but the ones I listed would be reasons. and the person would know that since they weren't the killer, it wouldn't matter so much (they'd rationalize it to avoid their own problem if found out). The point is that we don't live in a binary world where it either is or it isn't, and while it's not likely to have been one of the reasons I listed, it's possible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub