ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to myself...lol
My first impression is that this person does not fit the profile of our killer. Use of gun, barricaded themselves in.
This does not sound like a cool, masochistic killer. IMO.
I’m inclined to believe that the Idaho student murderer would be the type of person who, if cornered, would not surrender without a fight. So given the exchange of gunshots with police and attempt to light a fire, there could be a connection here, imho.

I’m inclined to believe that the Idaho student murderer would be the type of person who, if cornered, would not surrender without a fight. So given the exchange of gunshots with police and attempt to light a fire, there could be a connection here, imho.
What throws it off for me is that if he has a gun, why wasn’t it used in the murders?

IMO something happened in that house that screamed freak show, not your average quadruple homicide. ICBW, way wrong, but I also could be way right. I do know you don't call the BAU to do the donut runs, and if all local LE needed was tech expertise, no reason to bring in two BAU teams IMO. Regular FBI at your service.

Also IMO the top profilers are starting to leak a bit that it *could be* a serial killer. IMO I think they've suspected something twisted from the start or soon after, but LE is not going to run screaming from house, hands waving in the air, OMG!! serial killer alert!!!

That's not how that would happen IMO. Instead, they're going to investigate, keep it under wraps, and call in the FBI BAU. And then if that is the case, they'll leak it slowly and acclimate the public.

IMO something twisted happened in that house. That is only my opinion. I also think it was a pretty well planned and organized situation. I also think it was not random, not happenstance, not oh what they heck, these four will do. This was planned imo and he went to kill four people in a violent, up close and personal way, because that's who he is IMO and IMO he is reveling in his 'success'. Really has a Danny Rolling feel about it imo.

Here's what those people do, in their own words.

Quoting:

Mark A Hilts: The type of cases we get involved in, the serial murder cases, the unusual, the bizarre cases, are the type of cases that most people, the average individual struggles to understand themselves. Why would somebody kill 10 different people over a year’s time period? What kind of person would chop somebody up or would carve something into a victim or would do some other bondage or other type activity? So it’s something that as normal human beings we struggle with, we don’t understand.
I'm starting to think "serial killer" too. I had a disturbing thought last night: what if these murders are connected to the killings of Kathy and Samantha Netherland in Bardstown? What if there is a serial killer, traveling around the country, killing multiple women/couples in their own homes, remaining uncaught because he has no apparent connection to his victims? We know that some killers do this....Ted Bundy, and Israel Keyes, just to name two.

This story might eventually become much bigger than it already is.

Last edited:
In Raleigh NC a young girl was killed in a hit and run on the day after Thanksgiving. Original reports identified the car as a mid 2000s white Hyundai hybrid or a Hyundai Elantra. Due to either viewing cameras in the area or from pieces that came off car, the police are now seeking a white Honda.
So it makes me wonder — what was the key and the connection made that lead to LE seeking only a very specific Hyundai in this case?
(Edited for spelling)

Xana's sister goes to WSU.

Xana's mom - Just the weekend before and he mentioned meeting Ethan's parents and went to check on Xana and it was dad week for WSU for J., so he was over there and they're pretty close schools (inaudible) fairly short distance away from each other.

Source

I think over a 26 minute period, they would have tried to call someone else if that was the case. It really makes no sense to only call J if they were concerned about something. IMO, they would have tried to call the other 4 roommates in the house, other friends, neighbors, family, 911, etc.
IMO, M & K's phone calls may have been nothing more than a desire to keep partying, or maybe K wanted some cuddling. The bars closed up at 2 am, they grabbed some food, and were not ready to call it a night yet.

I would be very curious to know if there has been police activity going on at WSU before this barricaded man incident. IMOO It is curious that the shooter barricaded himself, (something prompted that), then fired shots, then started a fire. (If that is what happened.) Because, what did he want to burn? If this was the cornered killer…

Sadly this may be another crazy, but I so hope and pray LE has focused in on someone and will bring them in soon. For some reason, I do feel that some of the few things they have released has been for public tips, but also to say, “we see you. We’re getting close”.

Not sure if 100 pc fact, but the light on the side of the apartment building right next to the house was apparently found to not have been working around the time of the incident , which rendered the side lane between the apartment and the house that leads to the car park at the back and the trees lining the back of the house was apparently in pitch dark that night, very useful to wait right next to if thats what happened. Lucky coincidence re the light ?

Since the back of the house is just a cul de sac , looks like the only approach to the house is from the front side though even if circling over to the sides or back for eventual entry , if that makes sense ? walking up the stairs that lead to the house from taylor avenue (parking in a dark spot somewhere nearby )seem the likeliest chosen route then as a car pulling up to the cul de sac zone would be too risky ? Do my conclusions seem right ?

To imagine a perpetrator one must return to the primal scene: the execution of the crime, the sheer personal brutality. Something which began as a threat and spun out of control, angering the knifesman beyond measure, mid- -- mid-threat, let us say? Or random insanity? Or the old standby -- an affair of the heart gone wrong?
The ordinary motives are the four L's - Love, Lust, Loathing & Loot. If you eliminate all those, what remains is the stuff of nightmares.

but calling an ex to cuddle at 3am ? possible if current bf but not ex IMO.

Ex would be more catching up in the evening or even dinner, although yeah note college kids these days are much more informal. My 12 year old knows his friends whereabouts all the time on snap chat !
Kaylee and her bf had an on/off relationship so not out of the normal to want to drunk dial him. To 'cuddle' or otherwise. She likely missed him. IMO

RE: Snapchat, unless you set your location to ghost mode snap users know your location. It's very easy to 'stalk' people on SM as young people tend to be complacent and overshare every detail. It really is of great concern.

I'm still unclear why LE said in one of his statements that they had people (LE) in West VA. Just picking out general states to give the idea of numerous states or is there a reason? Pretty far away, and if it's cause FBI that's in VA, Quantico. Any ideas? General state listing or specific reason?

I'm still unclear why LE said in one of his statements that they had people (LE) in West VA. Just picking out general states to give the idea of numerous states or is there a reason? Pretty far away, and if it's cause FBI that's in VA, Quantico. Any ideas? General state listing or specific reason?
That is interesting. Do you recall which statement that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member