ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only detrimental but also a serious safety concern. Given all of the people who are trying to dox and threaten people connected to the case, I can only imagine what would happen if random people's alibis are released and the internet decides they're guilty anyway. MOO
In the Sarah Everard case the car was spotted driving around looking for a victim.
I know they found more pertinent footage from a bus to catch her killer though.

I think they've narrowed in on thus car due to various data points.

Maybe it's been spotted outside the house few times.

If someone was parked in car park of apartments behind the house, sitting in the car watching the house, would that be noticed? Hard to know

I am with you on a lot of this.
IMO…

Since the beginning I’ve thought surveillance footage from the days and months prior to the attacks… close to the house and the restaurant the girls worked at were equally as important as the night of.. if they were targeted like the LE believes.

They’d have very likely been there before, watching, creeping around.

IMO, Mary-Ellen O’Toole & Candice DeLong are 2 of the best profilers.I like this clip w MaryE.
The killer was obviously comfortable being in ppl’s houses, uninvited.
It would depend on whether the WiFi was separate for each person or a total house set up furnished by the landlord I think.
There’s a photo of the dark house with a television screen on. It says “no network detected”. This would lead me to believe there was a router of some sort in the home.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the dog was put in a different room in order to not get in the way of the murder. This is why no evidence was found on the dog. I have a docile dog who would probably not bark but would certainly be curious and probably want to be petted by an intruder. Maybe there was no evidence on the dog per se, but there may be dog dna on the intruder.
Good point. There may be dog dna on the intruder, but they'd need to catch the intruder to test him first imo. IMO poor Murphy probably did get tested, but idk that, JMO.

And a dog being saved by a murderer: Murder of Meredith Emerson - Wikipedia
he decapitated her, but couldn't bring himself to kill the dog. there are other examples, I'm sure. The OR killer left a dog and another person alive Cops probing link between University of Idaho murders and similar Oregon stabbing

Concerning LE only asking for video specifically starting at 3:00am:

Perhaps they already know who was driving a white Elantra in the area and in the hours up until the murders, have interviewed them and they have verified, “Yes, that was me who drove through on the neighbor’s ring cam footage that you have at 11:30pm, and again at 12:25am, and again at 1:42am when I got out for a second and you can clearly see my face. I was uhh…looking for my cat…umm…Bootsie. But that definitely was not me who squeeled past at 3:42am. By then I was back in bed.”

Not intended to be an actual theory, just food for thought.

Via Brian Entin right now on Banfield: Morning of the murders, right before 3 am, a light colored car passed by the house on a video from a neighboring apartment complex half a block away. Requested by police a day or two after the murders. Police said they'd ask the FBI to enhance the video. Car was going normal speed, not speeding away.

Car also caught dark sedan at 1:45 AM coming to the house, then leaving. Believed to be a "sorority safety" ride that dropped K&M off. Fits perfectly with the current timeline.

There’s a photo of the dark house with a television screen on. It says “no network detected”. This would lead me to believe there was a router of some sort in the home.
Not necessarily. That simply means the provider, eg. cable, dish, or fiber optic is down. I don't have Wi-Fi and I get that message frequently from AT&T.

Concerning LE only asking for video specifically starting at 3:00am:

Perhaps they already know who was driving a white Elantra in the area and in the hours up until the murders, have interviewed them and they have verified, “Yes, that was me who drove through on the neighbor’s ring cam footage that you have at 11:30pm, and again at 12:25am, and again at 1:42am when I got out for a second and you can clearly see my face. I was uhh…looking for my cat…umm…Bootsie. But that definitely was not me who squeeled past at 3:42am. By then I was back in bed.”

Not intended to be an actual theory, just food for thought.
But LE is not only asking for video specifically starting at 3:00am:

"The general public doesn’t have any idea the scope of this investigation, the number of people involved. Not just here in Moscow.”

I think this will end up being much bigger than anything we may have envisioned.
Two thoughts crossed my mind with this post… First, they are on the border of a state line, so I would imagine they have multi state investigating there. The other is that the Greek frats and sororities are national. I wonder if any info from other colleges in other states has any relation to the case.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think the man thought the white car was the girls ride or the same person. I took it as he saw the sedan that dropped off the girls and then he also saw the white car.
I'm running wayyyy behind in posts, but just wanted to give some thoughts ok the car and times and E and X.
i had a thought....maybe the white car dropped E and X off at the house at appx 145 But came back later. JMO. Moo.

Last edited:
This! Early on , LE published in their Nov. 18th press release that they would like any information of suspicious behavior or any video surveillance: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

LE may have even requested video surveillance verbally earlier than Nov. 18th in one of their press conferences, I just do not remember.

It would be great if everyone in Moscow with surveillance would have pulled it immediately and reviewed it. However, that is unrealistic. Believe it or not, not everyone has a sleuth like mind and the thought of helping solve a mystery really doesn't occur to most people! (I know, shocking.)

I suppose if LE had gone door-to-door to every apartment, house, and business in Moscow, they could have requested surveillance (but not compel that it be produced), but I doubt they had the manpower to do that. The best they could do was make the request for info publicly and hope local people with security cams were paying attention.
there were people going door to door- there was a photo of people at the neighboring apartments- I have looked all over for it and I cannot find it so IMO....
and it is not in the media compilation :(

One of the concerns I have read is to alert everyone with a security camera system that will overwrite the recordings after a certain amount of time. The time it takes for the public to respond to look at their system can be delayed without a significant amount of motivation. I would suggest a reward for those that do find something leading to catching the criminal on recording. Announcing instructions to owners on how to stop the recording and review their media may motivate them to take action. Provide a number for technical support or a service that would come an visit their home at the state bill. Hopefully, there is enough evidence to identify the path of the suspect.

Via Brian Entin right now on Banfield: Morning of the murders, right before 3 am, a light colored car passed by the house on a video from a neighboring apartment complex half a block away. Requested by police a day or two after the murders. Police said they'd ask the FBI to enhance the video. Car was going normal speed, not speeding away.

Car also caught dark sedan at 1:45 AM coming to the house, then leaving. Believed to be a "sorority safety" ride that dropped K&M off. Fits perfectly with the current timeline.
So Banfield and Entin's big discovery is what was released by the property owner to the general public earlier this afternoon, lol.

I don't think it would be possible for four families to agree on one spokesperson for all of them, but perhaps each family could have a spokesperson, rather than having three from one family, etc.
I am in the UK. We have what is called a Family Liaison Officer (FLO) assigned to families through LE. When a crime has happened that fits into an appropriate category, the FLO will also act as the point of contact. The FLO is assigned to the family or each family from the start of the case to the trial. Categories include:
  • murder;
  • manslaughter;
  • corporate manslaughter;
  • familial homicide;
  • causing death by dangerous driving;
  • causing death by careless driving while unfit through drink or drugs;
  • causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving;
  • causing death by driving whilst unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured; and
  • aggravated vehicle taking where death is caused
The above offences must have been committed or prosecuted in England or Wales to qualify.

But LE is not only asking for video specifically starting at 3:00am:
I was referring to the actual Moscow PD media release that stated:
“Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2022, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
• West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to
• Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
• Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)”

Here’s the full link:

One of the concerns I have read is to alert everyone with a security camera system that will overwrite the recordings after a certain amount of time. The time it takes for the public to respond to look at their system can be delayed without a significant amount of motivation. I would suggest a reward for those that do find something leading to catching the criminal on recording. Announcing instructions to owners on how to stop the recording and review their media may motivate them to take action. Provide a number for technical support or a service that would come an visit their home at the state bill. Hopefully, there is enough evidence to identify the path of the suspect.

I don't think it would be appropriate for LE to ask the public to stop the recording of their security cameras, as this could jeopardize the safety of their homes and businesses and put them at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717