Not open for further replies.
As this article is two years old and I’ve never heard of this technology
- in evidence collection,
- by experts discussing forensic data,
- or evidence in trials,
I’m guessing this is a speculation for future tech and applications
It sounds like a marketing press release for finding investors

IMO
They’ve gotten 2 billion from the government so I don’t know if they need or want private investment
I posted links to three articles all with headlines like this:

Mitre Corp. runs some of the U.S. government's most hush-hush science and tech labs. The cloak-and-dagger R&D shop might just be the most important organization you've never heard of.

During his time at Mitre, Edman partnered with the FBI, using his hacking skills to help take down the infamous Silk Road dark web drug bazaar. Shortly after he left Mitre, he was allowed to finish the job in October 2013, and was in Reykjavik, Iceland, alongside FBI agent Ilhwan Yum, to shutter the site run by the Dread Pirate Roberts (real name: Ross Ulbricht), who is now serving a life sentence.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I'm getting the feeling that the perpetrator was a stranger who saw pretty girls that night and decided to act. The white car was going there an hour after everyone was in, so why or how did he know to go there? Did he know which car someone drove and saw it parked? Or did he frequent the hill behind them, maybe lived there?

I think the car might be his wife's or mother's, in bed at that hour.

I think I think it's a local, but still a stranger. A serial killer type for sure, imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeeze, I guess everyone isn’t as curious as us. 24 miles isn’t very far!

From your link:

“Neither the gas station nor the food store indicated they thoroughly looked through their own video for anything unusual.”
24 miles outside of Moscow that’s a lot

As this article is two years old and I’ve never heard of this technology
- in evidence collection,
- by experts discussing forensic data,
- or evidence in trials,
I’m guessing this is a speculation for future tech and applications
It sounds like a marketing press release for finding investors

IMO

except everybohdi's own post says the fingerprint tech has been proven useful in Brigend, as far back as 2018

BBC link 2018:
'He believes it is the first time someone's fingerprint has been identified by a photograph in Wales and shows the potential of a forensic unit with a small piece of evidence. The scientific support unit - a joint venture between the Gwent and south Wales forces, based in Bridgend - was able to scan the image into its system.'

Last edited:
I’m going to ask about something obvious in this photo: down the left aisle and just before the bronze car parked on the side of the road is a white car.Is this a white Hyundai Elantra? Could this be what the surveillance camera picked up?
MOO Very similar to the Elantra. But I think the Elantras rear lights extend further, to a third the way in over the rear wheel.

Last edited:
Theoretically I could travel to another continent and go on a killing spree. I could then return the the US and never be caught since I would not show up in any of their dna or fingerprint databases.
Interpol runs the international fingerprint and DNA database, they cross reference criminal cases across borders. They will also identify your body if you die in a natural disaster away from home.

except everybohdi's own post says the fingerprint tech has been proven useful in Brigend, as far back as 2018

BBC link 2018:
'He believes it is the first time someone's fingerprint has been identified by a photograph in Wales and shows the potential of a forensic unit with a small piece of evidence. The scientific support unit - a joint venture between the Gwent and south Wales forces, based in Bridgend - was able to scan the image into its system.'
Reading the links tells more than the 10% you’re allowed to post from articles here.

I’m going to ask about something obvious in this photo: down the left aisle and just before the bronze car parked on the side of the road is a white car.Is this a white Hyundai Elantra? Could this be what the surveillance camera picked up?

imo the rear light isn't a match but if you look at the MPD's photo release you can make your own judgment

So let's say The White Car holds the solution to our crime.

Who do you suppose was in it? Friend-acquaintance-student-Greek-family-lover-other-total stranger?
At this point I think it’s highly likely that it was the killer and or killers in that car at worst. At best the person or persons witnessed some incriminating stuff and saw the killer or killers but doesn’t want to say and is covering for them.

Whether the person or persons was a Friend-acquaintance-student-Greek-family-lover-other-total stranger is anyone’s guess!!

Another question I have is about American st numbers .., why such high numbers on such a short street .don’t they go 1 , 3, 5 , 7 etc

I hadn't ever thought about that, but no, we're weird. My short street starts in the hundreds. Not even at 100. I have no idea why, lol.

Kaylees mom once said she was holding off on such events, as the thought the killer(s) might attend left her sick. Does her scheduling this suggest a growing confidence there will be an arrest soon?

Another question I have is about American st numbers .., why such high numbers on such a short street .don’t they go 1 , 3, 5 , 7 etc
snip
Some U.S. towns do have this; blocks with such addresses are "unit blocks."

Last edited:
Kaylees mom once said she was holding off on such events, as the thought the killer(s) might attend left her sick. Does her scheduling this suggest a growing confidence there will be an arrest soon?
I sure hope so.

Possibly not because that is at odds with her interview yesterday

'Ms Goncalves added that she "can't help" but fear that the murder will remain unsolved.'

This is an interview with the neighbor who heard the scream on the night of murder.

<mod note - this podcast is approved>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO no. My guess is her parents expected it to be solved in the first week or two, and possibly thought the killer was within their social circle so likely to attend. Imo the longer this goes on the less likely the killer was well known to K, therefore less likely to attend a memorial. I can also see them wanting to do something for their children and a memorial is one of their few options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member