ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does exist and it's legit they should have a log of pickups they were dispatched to. If they don't have a log and some organization than how valid of a service could it be with no responsibility or supervision to answer to?
One can provide a very valid service and not be supervised by anyone. Likewise, the possible failure to maintain a log book does not invalidate a service.

Some fraternities and sororities employ people on either a full time, or on an "as needed" basis. I imagine that the more upscale ones employ more than others.

"As needed" forms of employment could include:

- A preferred caterer for say, the quarterly Bar B Que ' Beer bash (caterer may, or may not have a license).

- An unofficial bar tender who shows up at the formal with his own "call alcohol" (as opposed to the free punch) and all the gear to make the fancy fruity cocktails that female guests enjoy.

- "Joe Stevens", a retired rancher. Joe does not have a CDL and is not affiliated with Uber Lyft etc. But.... he does have big SUV, is reliable and does not drink and drive. The fraternity gives Joe a flat fee of $250.00 (cash- its just better that way) to take members and guests anywhere in Moscow from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.

Last edited:
I hope the families get some sort of closure on this terrible crime.
I also feel that despite what SG said earlier, the focus was not K but one/or all of the other 3. I also think LE is keeping matters very discrete because the motives behind this crime is more complex than we would think.
I was reading the MPD press release yesterday and it definitely seems to focus on 2 key points;
1) the movements of X and E in the evening of the murder
2) the owner of the 'white car'
In fact they stated they are 'confident' that the owner/occupant of the 'white car' will provide crucial evidence towards solving the case.
I was encouraged by this Press release because in my opinion LE are narrowing their focus, and again in my opinion they are getting close to the truth.

I cannot find the link to the Press Release from MPD from yesterday-I apologize

Last edited:
I also feel that despite what SG said earlier, the focus was not K but one/or all of the other 3. I also think LE is keeping matters very discrete because the motives behind this crime is more complex than we would think.
I was reading the MPD press release yesterday and it definitely seems to focus on 2 key points;
In fact they stated they are 'confident' that the owner/occupant of the 'white car' will provide crucial evidence towards solving the case.
I was encouraged by this Press release because in my opinion LE are narrowing their focus, and again in my opinion they are getting close to the truth.

I too think the motive is complex. Just judging by the quote someone posted from the PD saying the general public has no idea the scope of this investigation.
I also think that’s more about X and E. I think once we find out what this is about it may indeed involve illegal activity… whether drugs or something of that nature. JMO

Jeeze, I guess everyone isn’t as curious as us. 24 miles isn’t very far!

From your link:

“Neither the gas station nor the food store indicated they thoroughly looked through their own video for anything unusual.”
I don't know if it's lack of curiosity or understaffed places not wanting to pay employees to examine video footage. But they should have let the police know they had cameras.

Professional need to look at these. In the Molly Tibbetts case it took them slowing it down and seeing a 3 sec. Movement. The police need all tapes. The fact that they dont have them after a month show how this case has been handle.

I’m

Along with what Pancake said about not getting too married to the movements of the white car(s)? on video, we know that LE has been working hard to maintain the integrity of the investigation, while the media continues to source info.

I’m not suggesting that LE is misleading or positioning the car as a red herring by any means, but have we hear any follow ups to their request for info? Beyond them confirming that the public has responded and send in a lot of tips- we don’t know how many Elantra drivers/owners have met with LE since they put out the first images and appeal for help on 12/7.

The Elantra has definitely given the media and the public something to chew on.

Did the 12/7 Elantra press release coincide with the nee Public Info Ofcr?

MOO and Just thinking out loud.

I wonder if the clock didn't change this fall. That would make the time 2:45 which would make a lot more sense if it was heading west toward the murder. Imo.
I keep seeing this so I thought I'd share my take. I think the business would have the correct time because literally all transactions, communications, and such have to be exact. Every business I worked for (big or small) was well aware of time changes because of these things. Surveillance May be different but idk. (I just like to play out all possibilities).

In the police cam you hear the officer say to the kids that they should come when he yells at them. This is an officer in plain clothes and with a unmarked car in the dark of the night. Something need to change as these kids should run like hell.

Seriously. Police need to understand the perspective of the people they work for - the citizens. No one wants to be approached by a person in plain clothes in the dark of the night. It is dangerous.

I was thinking about the Jack in the Box bag since we have been wondering when it was from and how it was picked up. Then I started thinking about all of the cars in the driveway that were not removed-is X’s car an older model that would not provide tracking info? Ethan’s? Or do they know the answers to where everyone was that night, or that the cars were not used by anyone that day?

This all happened at approximately 3:00 in the morning. There were probably less than 100 cars driving around in Moscow at that time.
There has to be tips coming in from people who saw the Elantra and perhaps even some more descriptions of who was in the vehicle.
The puzzle pieces are coming in, now it’s up to LE to figure out which ones fit.
Find that car.

I agree. It's also possible that the car has been crushed and junked, possibly after being burned.
I have seen a few conjectures that the Hyundai Elantra could have been burned after the crime. There are many places to hide a vehicle, but in a populated area, I think it would be very risky and very unlikely that a car could be torched without drawing attention. A fire capable of basically destroying a vehicle is not a small blaze. It is a fully-involved, black-smoke fire that would be noticed for quite some distance, and would very likely be seen and reported by someone. JMO

That could be said for anything we know so far though. It's what we do, work within the facts we've been given. If it turns out to be wrong, then so be it.
Yes that is definitely true and Idon't see anything wrong with speculating. Its just this is sometimes how rumor/speculation turns into "facts". There are already people stating things like "the car drove past the gas station at 3:45" - well we don't know that for sure.

I have seen a few conjectures that the Hyundai Elantra could have been burned after the crime. There are many places to hide a vehicle, but in a populated area, I think it would be very risky and very unlikely that a car could be torched without drawing attention. A fire capable of basically destroying a vehicle is not a small blaze. It is a fully-involved, black-smoke fire that would be noticed for quite some distance, and would very likely be seen and reported by someone. JMO

If the car was burned, LE would either have a stolen car report by now or it was torched by the owner/suspect, which they would ultimately find out when they narrow down all of the registrations/past registrations.

They may have a stolen car report, but one could reason that that might be info they would release. If someone reported it now, that would be a huge red flag.

My opinion.

The surveillance footage placed on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane showed a white car speeding west on Taylor Road between 2.14am and 3.15am on Sunday.

Why such a wide time frame if security video is available? Isn't the time a little too early for the perp to be leaving the scene? Weren't K and M texting JD almost until 3am?
Maybe that camera got the vehicle coming and going? In at 2:14, out at 3:15? The perp does X and E at 2:30. K &M hear it and frantically call J. Perp moves upstairs, calls stop. Perp speeds out.

The surveillance footage placed on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane showed a white car speeding west on Taylor Road between 2.14am and 3.15am on Sunday.

Why such a wide time frame if security video is available? Isn't the time a little too early for the perp to be leaving the scene? Weren't K and M texting JD almost until 3am?
Works perfect for my timeline. Suspect leaving food truck @ 2. Goes to house. Waits for lights to go out @ 2:55. Enters through predetermined easy access, scouted from being in the house previously. Kills K and M very quick- adrenaline is pumping. Tries to leave but is confronted or hears someone. Murders again quickly out of adrenaline and excitement- fear of being discovered. In the house about 5 minutes. Crime of passion from a disgruntled crush(stalker) who felt scorned that night, because his attempts at "hooking up" were denied. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx