ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought and I don’t know how to link the articles I read.
A car heading west twds the house at 2.45

A car heading west twds it seems at the gas station at 3.45

A black truck driving away at 3 ish

What if those cars did visit the house between 2 and 3 am to meet the 4 ( for a party or confrontation or whatever)
Words exchanged . Two cars leave
But later the person in the white car having stewed on it and gone home to get the knife , comes back and does it

They weren’t stupid
They ll have parked a distance away
They went on foot , walked back and left via a circuitous route to go back to their home
No evidence of a confrontation yet IMO

Who says the killer needs to buy gas?

Anybody remember that case with that woman from denver who drove out to oklahoma to kill her former husband and his new wife then drove back avoiding all toll roads? She brought several gas cans with her to avoid having to stop at a gas pump.
yes, I remember that. Dana Chandler drove from Colorado to Kansas. She got a new trial due to prosecutorial misconduct, was re-tried a few months ago that resulted in a hung jury and is yet to be tried again. Jodi Arias also took gas cans on her murder trip.

edited for grammar

Last edited:
Regarding the girls below -
I want to hear from an audiologist with geology in his/her background before I settle my opinion and theory. But, for some reason it's ingrained in my brain (something learned early in life, I guess), there's a reason why choral singing sounds so wonderfully beautiful inside of an OLD church -most often Catholic- and it's because of the type of stone, shape of stones, and most specifically the positioning of the stone; aimed a tad upward, but ever so slightly - barely noticeable. Think Kate and Willz wedding, maybe, but I forget what their religion is technically called, or any Catholic Mass one can pull up on YT. Yeah, there are mics visible...but, that's for the tech used to record. Sitting in the presence of the choir wouldn't require a mic, imo.

Next to bring up would be the Acropolis Amphitheater and Red Rocks Amphitheater. The sounds from the stages are literally fed into the ears of audiences simply based from the earth's natural construction and location of audience - upwards and outwards. The sound is amplified because of that and is related to where we get the terms amplified and amphitheater. (Apologies as I've spent years listening to avid readers, one of which loves etymology).

Then, in the case of 1122, the house had the back built on later, as far as I know. I'm more inclined to help another find the price or location of those building materials than I am to say how to construct them. So, with my limited construction knowledge I do know a builder will have to add more weight-bearing capabilites to add a third story onto a two-story. While the house might be setup in a two-story plus two-story, just attached, kind-of-way...it's gonna require a mess ton of material for the first story to somehow bear the weight of the third, even if it's only by transference. More material to muffle a sound, including insulation designed for cold environments.

Having said all that, with that hill in the back I kinda view the setup of the house as a mini-proscenium, mini-theatre, or mini-amphitheatre with the sounds from floor two and floor three aimed at the back hill bouncing off that then being amplifed to everywhere else upwards and outwards, while the surviving girls were below where an orchestra pit would be in a live-theatre. Not in the orchestra pit, if you will, but below it/basement. That's typically where stuff for others shows will be and you can't hear anywhere near as much or as well as the audience who are upwards and outwards of the sounds.

Then add in, I'm under the impression the surviving girls may have travelled and returned from trips outside of Moscow? I might be wrong on that? But if I'm getting back from a road trip and smoke or drink upon my return/being twenty-something...yep, I'd fall asleep completely undisturbed by anything and everything muffled from above.

That's my theory thus far until I hear from an audiologist with geology in background give some views. I'd be all ears for that interview (har har har).

Moo-

The road to nowhere could be the perfect place to dispose and destroy evidence and pick up your actual vehicle?
you might be onto something. how about the trail to nowhere, complete with covered places to stash gear?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

One thing I can't quite parse. In part this looks potentially well planned - no known blood trail, taken this long with no known suspect, etc. But also K being there was a last minute spontaneous (for her, thus others) addition. (Potentially/likely E staying over too.) I can't reconcile someone planning this out so well along with the likely/potential last minute changes/unknowns of K and E being there that night.
Ok. Of those two-K or E, who was most likely to spending the night at 1122 because they still technically live in Moscow?

Who says the killer needs to buy gas?

Anybody remember that case with that woman from denver who drove out to oklahoma to kill her former husband and his new wife then drove back avoiding all toll roads? She brought several gas cans with her to avoid having to stop at a gas pump.
Dana Chandler--and it was Denver to Topeka! and she's out right now, awaiting a third trial!

One thing I can't quite parse. In part this looks potentially well planned - no known blood trail, taken this long with no known suspect, etc. But also K being there was a last minute spontaneous (for her, thus others) addition. (Potentially/likely E staying over too.) I can't reconcile someone planning this out so well along with the likely/potential last minute changes/unknowns of K and E being there that night.
Preparation aside, this was a VERY CAPABLE KILLER. That would entail a significant degree of planning. Did they plan to kill all four victims? Probably not, but they were prepared to confront multiple victims at the very least. All this done with little *fuss* in the dead of night. Probably isn't the first episode for this predator and won't be the last. MOO

Moo, I’m starting to believe that this crime have something to do with E and X. LE silence speaks volume louder than what they’re willing to share.

Whenever they share an update, it’s about who they had cleared. Thus far, those who were “believe not to be involved” are mostly associated with K and M.

They also shared their timeline (much earlier) and were fast to clear people who were suspected by online sleuths.

This has not been the same for X and E. For a while, they were missing a timeline. They haven’t mention anything that much about them, unlike K and M (K stalker were investigated, unfounded but still investigating). Besides the roommates and peoples present during the 911 call, have they discussed or cleared anyone in X and E circle?
That is a very good question

Just catching up- but I looked at what’s out 24 miles East of Moscow. That all looks very rural and becomes mountainous. 24 miles to the mark is the town of Deary.
Deary is the first connection to road State Route 3, that goes South off the beaten track of Hwy 95.
There is also a connection in Deary to State Route 9, which heads North along the edge of the St Joe Forest.
Surely many hidey places out in that sparsely populated area. Undoubtedly not many cameras or traffic out there, either.
1671261566700.png

I would think he'd be smart enough to know better. all it takes is a little. Ted Bundy thought the VW was clean, too, and that was before all the high tech search tools were available.
What do you think their theory is that's driving this? Moscow video? I mean, there is just nothing in these towns, so unless the killer is from there, it's not even like they're on the way to any place.

If the perp followed Highway 8 towards Troy, it's another way to get to southern Idaho without using more heavily traveled US-95. Maybe he was trying to be less visible or less likely to see state police. Your idea about him having a home, or even childhood home in that direction are also worth considering. If this crime was preplanned, then he would have had a preplanned exit route, and possibly plans to move from Moscow to another place either before or after the crime. It's possible that the video at the Exxon-Mobil station of the white car at 3:45 am has some indication (like a turn signal) that indicates whether the car (if it was the perp's) turned left onto Highway 8 towards Troy. LE knows more than we do about that.

(See also Curiosa20's post above, where various off-shoots from Highway 8 are detailed.)

Last edited:
you might be onto something. how about the trail to nowhere, complete with covered places to stash gear?

RBBM

A cabin, possibly owned by a friend or relative.

JMVHO.

Welcome! :)

It depends who the target it was. Let's say it was K and someone obsessed/fantasized about doing this for a year or two or longer and planned this in their spare time (literally I think if someone was obsessed it was a daily occupation in their mind) - this may have been their only chance to act on it. Very risky, but maybe this person was at a point where they didn't care anymore and were compelled to act on it. MOO, JMO and hypothesizing...

MOO:

As more time goes by, I am starting to lean towards the murders being committed by a lone wolf not from the area and not known by the victims or even anyone is the area.

Seems if perpetrator was from Moscow and vicinity or the college community that something the perpetrator or even an accomplice said or did in recent weeks would have leaked out by now.

The perpetrator or an accomplice would have raised someone's suspicion to the point where the info reached LE. For example, the perp saying something in passing to an acquaintance, someone seeing something that just did not look right, something (even a car) that is not in the spot where it has always been, suspicious person not seen since the murder's were committed, someone acting stranger than usual, some off-hand comment made by the perp.

I know there is the "hiding in plain sight" theory, but with a crime of this magnitude, it just does not seem like anyone (including the perpetrator and
especially an accomplice) with solid info about the murders would be able to keep their mouths shut.

I strongly suspect that E was there most of the time if not all the time. As in, effectively living there but not on the lease. And it wouldn't shock me if he was the main target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member