ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that bothers me about the recently released video.

Fox Digital released all of the audio, but, according to their article, only used a few frame captures, not the actual video in order to protect the "source". They published their source for the video, but supposedly are protecting the original "source". Why? They made no effort to protect "Adam". LE knows the original source of this video that they had had for weeks. Who is Fox protecting and why?

It seems to me as if someone, the Facebook page, for example, wants to "out" someone named "Adam".

That neighbor first said No Scream, later said crazy snit
Very true, and good point. If the neighbor is full baloney, then the only indication the occupants would know a crime was committed and they wanted to get out of there would be if the killer actually came out of the house bloody and maybe with the knife. That lessons the likely hood of my scenario by quite a bit. Good catch.

The unsub appeared to have knowledge of the victims' social circle and inside knowledge of the house. And the timing of the white car arriving from out of town soon after the victims returned to the house and went to sleep suggests the unsub may have known the victims' movements that night.

Could the unsub have gained the inside knowledge he needed to commit the crime only using publicly available information available on the internet? Apparently, yes. Look at all the info we found at the beginning of the investigation. The zillow of the house, the social media posts, and then you have the food truck livestream. It's a small town. I bet the victims often visited that food truck and were on the same livestreams prior to the murders. Also, I wonder what other social media and public internet accounts the victims had that we don't know about.

I want to look at this crime from a different perspective. Let's assume (just so we can ask the next question) the unsub got all of the info they need to commit the crime from open sources on the internet. Is there any inside info about the house or the victims' social circle the unsub had to acquire from other sources (esp info he had to gain IRL) in order to commit the crime? The locks maybe? What else? And how would the unsub have gathered that particular info IRL?
Excellent post.

BBM -> what information are you using to support that the car 1) arrived from out of town and 2) that it arrived to town just before the murders?

Fox Digital released all of the audio, but, according to their article, only used a few frame captures, not the actual video in order to protect the "source". They published their source for the video, but supposedly are protecting the original "source". Why? They made no effort to protect "Adam". LE knows the original source of this video that they had had for weeks. Who is Fox protecting and why?

It seems to me as if someone, the Facebook page, for example, wants to "out" someone named "Adam".
Based on what I read (and if this has already been said please forgive me) this was a residential camera, and the person who owns the footage provided it to the facebook group well after LE had seen it. And of course a name was said in the footage and everyone is latching on to it.

Excellent post.

BBM -> what information are you using to support that the car 1) arrived from out of town and 2) that it arrived to town just before the murders?
1) Police are looking for footage in Troy and Kendrick, 18 and 35min away respectively. 2) The car was seen going towards the house around 2:45-3:15AM. I got the info from posts in this forum.

Excellent post.

What if the unsub was watching the victims in the food truck video at 1:45AM, and packed his things, then drove 18 min from Troy or 35min from Kendrick, in time to be seen moving toward the house around 2:45?

i think this may have been a thrill kill. With the motive being to kill them. After killing the four the killer got tired and left. I dont think the killer left any DNA of their own. the killer was probably wearing a suit of some kind, like a scuba diving suit. Something to prevent their Dna from falling out. But they were covered with the victims DNA. The killer removed the outfit and put it in something like a trash bag and burned it after leaving.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART. NOTHING POSTED AS FACTS.

What if the unsub was watching the victims in the food truck video at 1:45AM, and packed his things, then drove 18 min from Troy or 35min from Kendrick, in time to be seen moving toward the house around 2:45?
OK here's another route we can investigate. Let's assume the unsub saw the victims in the food truck video, and left shortly afterwards. The difference between 1:45AM and 2:45AM is 1 hour. Maybe the farthest away the unsub could live is about an hour out of town, in any direction?

Based on what I read (and if this has already been said please forgive me) this was a residential camera, and the person who owns the footage provided it to the facebook group well after LE had seen it. And of course a name was said in the footage and everyone is latching on to it.
The camera was from a business. SG stated they have had it for awhile and the business reached out to their family directly, after they had given it to LE. His comments are in the recently posted Fox News/Lawrence video starting at the :36 mark.

The 22,000 number...
@645,000 Elantras sold 2011-2013 in the US
Idaho has one half of one percent of the US population
So that is @32,500 2011-2013 Elantras sold in Idaho.
They came in ten colors, one being white. Say white was average
@3,250 2011-2013 white Elantras sold in Idaho

Even if they don't get totalled, a low $$ figure bar as that car ages, the lifespan of Elantras is on average 10 years/$150k. (doesn't pay to put a new engine/tranny in) So....maybe half of them should be off the road by now.

Even conservatively, that is like 2,000.
You're off by a factor of 10. One-half of one percent of 645,000 is 3,250, not 32,500, and ten percent of 3,250 is just 325.

But they aren't just looking a white Elantras registered in Idaho. I'm sure that's where they're starting, but people move without updating their registrations, people travel, etc., so they'll check out every registered white Elantra in the country if that's what it takes.

My concern is that they might not be able to identify this specific Elantra even if they find it. They'll probably start by interviewing the owner of each white Elantra in northern Idaho, and if they interview the killer, but he's a glib talker with no criminal record, then they might pass over him without their suspicions being aroused.

I agree, there's just something odd about this release IMO. I don't think it really has any relevance, it is just serving to stir up clicks and controversy I suppose.

100% agree. I see no other reason for releasing this specific audio.

why not tell all business owners and homeowners in a 10-50 sq mile area to not erase any video on such and such a date as step #1 when finding a crime like this? Whereas it is so time sensitive and auto erases absent the plea ......?????????? they dont have to but why wait?????

I really, really want to see some video stills of the actual car. I don't see the harm in releasing one or two of those.

My opinion.
Yes!

There has to be more Cam footage than traveling on Taylor. And some think they allude to that by saying it was seen in the immediate area of the crime scene in the early morning hours.

They should release this week the path they think he took away (if cameras picked him up), so the public can focus on cars in that area.

Narrow down the focus

If he borrowed a car with keys under the mat, he returned it the same night.

About the new clip. I think it was released to keep internet sleuths busy. I think there is going to be an arrest before Christmas.
Also the video sounds like it says “Jack what did you say to Adam” and a male voice responds. Sorry if it’s been said already I am trying to keep up on posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader