ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body cam footage opened my eyes to the party situation in the area. Students not knowing who's house they were at, unless they were fibbing to LE. It seemed like Grand Central Station, and shows how easily one could just come and go, or possibly get in and wait for the victims to come home.
M00
Come on guys, the students were obviously lying. Beth opened the door and lied she wasn't a resident there despite the fact she was. She also kinda slammed the door in the cops faces and probably sent the other two males deal with it since they were apparently older. Madison and the rest were probably there, as well, they just didn't want to come out and deal with the cops for one reason or another

If they have ring video of the driver dropping them off then why would t they have video of this white car? Only footage I’ve seen of the white car was in the background from the police bodycam. Just doesn’t make sense.
MOO. The driver (murderer) parked somewhere in back of the house on another street and walked through the wooded area unseen. The car was never parked in front of the house. That's the only way to make sense of it. MOO

There’s something unsettling about this whole white Hyundai Elantra situation. It’s going to have to be federal agents and law enforcement who find it, because it seems there’s been a series of wild goose chases concerning this vehicle, and nothing seems to be panning out.
I'm wondering if the car has after market body modification somewhere on it? I'm just wondering how Le will know when they have found the "one"?

"Kaylee Goncalves’ father has said that he fears for the safety of his other children as his daughter’s killer is still at large.

Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Saturday that he wants families to know information about the case so that they can be on the lookout for potential suspects, as he revealed that one of his other children will soon be attending the University of Idaho.

“I have another person going to school there and I don’t want him walking round the streets if it’s not safe,” he said.

“We know as a family what we’re looking for and if they see an individual looking a certain way I’m telling my kids to steer clear of that.

“So I want other families to know.”"

There is a very clear subtext to Mr. Goncalves comments which also existed in his earliest comments regarding this case.

And there's a precedent for the use of these suits in crime. Happened on the subway in October (I didn't witness it myself).

Interesting, you think the killer attempted to disguise himself at night wearing a green suit?
Maybe I missed part of the convo

- coveralls over all clothing for inside the house and booties over shoes
- black head to toe, maybe black paint on face to prevent light reflection off of light skin
- the knife is of tactical type, maybe tactical clothing in black

Of course I am not convinced the getaway was a white sedan parked in front, I’m thinking the back entry and exit through woods to another road or residence

JMO

Edit: quote didn’t come through. Responding to thr Elantra located in Eugene.

I feel like this is the Elantra we’ve been looking for. Who is going to leave their car abandoned since the accident on Friday? No plates? Since LE responded, did it have plates at the time if the accident? They’re referring everyone to Moscow for updates…makes me think they are going hands off on this car and it has entered someone else’s purview.

If it is the right one- how long would it take to determine and how quiet would it be before they let the media know?

Excellent clarification.

I'd add only that a dry suit keeps water out by using durable seals for arms, legs and neck. The suit material proper is thick, scrunchy and repels water (and would repel blood, etc). You're looking at $$$ for one and it makes a good bit of noise while moving. You're not sneaking up on much in a drysuit -- maybe victims who are sleeping heavy. Maybe.

A wetsuit will absorb any liquid it's confronted with to some degree, whether immersed in it or not. It would offer some insulation from sharps and is less noisy, if far warmer than a drysuit. You're not going to peel if off to reveal a tuxedo that's anything but damp, stained and rumpled.

It's possible of course that we have an aquatic-minded killer here. But if I were planning to do a deed most foul I would not take along my cherished drysuit or even full soaker. I'd spend anywhere from 1200.00 to 700.00 less and grab a bog-standard coverup suit, gloves and booties. Cheaper, lighter, can be bought for cash in a whole bunch of places and then removed, reversed, rolled up and discarded in any handy rubbish bin.

If this was planned, which seems likely, then my bet's on a perp prioritizing ease of use and disposal and lack of traceability over the ability to go for a swim after in comfort. The mooted method of ingress, weapon used and exit without being seen point to either luck and/ or some level of careful preparation for these attacks, possibly involving knowledge of the layout, escape routes and runthroughs, and a plan for getting rid of evidence.

My ha'penny's worth, for what it's worth.

Scuba suits are expensive and unique, plus are a pain in the bloody ars to get into and out of. They are bulky and hard to move in, take time to rolls up and stuff in a bag, take up space, can be hot on land if active, at least the 3-5mm I’ve used.

I’m guessing cheap PPE coveralls with hoodie mask and booties would be much easier to slide into once in the house to cover clothing head face shoes
Once done slide out of PPE coversalls and stuff them and booties into bag.
These are cheap, not unique

JMO

If they have ring video of the driver dropping them off then why would t they have video of this white car? Only footage I’ve seen of the white car was in the background from the police bodycam. Just doesn’t make sense.

The white car in the bodycam footage is not the car they are interested in. They have stated such in one of their press releases. Given the nature of the detail they have on the vehicle they must have a much clearer image of it that they have not released. Most like not released because it gives away a location, or some other critical info.

If K was the target the big question is who knew she was going to be in town? Her mom said in an earlier interview that she was debating whether to go so it’s not like her visit was planned way in advance. I think that makes of much harder for the attack to be preplanned by someone watching from the woods. MOO.
It honestly could’ve been hundreds of people. Before the murders she had around 1,000 to 1,500 Instagram followers. It would probably be likely that she had at least half of that on Snapchat. She could have sent a snap to her followers that said “Headed to Moscow this weekend, can’t wait to see my bestie!” And hundreds of people would know. We wouldn’t know if she did that, since those posts are deleted after 24 hours but LE should be able to find out.

Excellent clarification.

I'd add only that a dry suit keeps water out by using durable seals for arms, legs and neck. The suit material proper is thick, scrunchy and repels water (and would repel blood, etc). You're looking at $$$ for one and it makes a good bit of noise while moving. You're not sneaking up on much in a drysuit -- maybe victims who are sleeping heavy. Maybe.

A wetsuit will absorb any liquid it's confronted with to some degree, whether immersed in it or not. It would offer some insulation from sharps and is less noisy, if far warmer than a drysuit. You're not going to peel if off to reveal a tuxedo that's anything but damp, stained and rumpled.

It's possible of course that we have an aquatic-minded killer here. But if I were planning to do a deed most foul I would not take along my cherished drysuit or even full soaker. I'd spend anywhere from 1200.00 to 700.00 less and grab a bog-standard coverup suit, gloves and booties. Cheaper, lighter, can be bought for cash in a whole bunch of places and then removed, reversed, rolled up and discarded in any handy rubbish bin.

If this was planned, which seems likely, then my bet's on a perp prioritizing ease of use and disposal and lack of traceability over the ability to go for a swim after in comfort. The mooted method of ingress, weapon used and exit without being seen point to either luck and/ or some level of careful preparation for these attacks, possibly involving knowledge of the layout, escape routes and runthroughs, and a plan for getting rid of evidence.

My ha'penny's worth, for what it's worth.
Worth more than a ha'penny for the writing style alone. Thank you!

my fault nothing serious, i only know american english from movies and just like maddie's 'adam' sounded pretty normal to me, kaylee sounded unusual to me just that.
nah nothing unusual there! dialects outside of american english movies are pretty distinct. american english movies tend to focus on the super exaggerated ones like southeastern, northeastern, midwestern dialects. she just has a slightly different way of pronouncing A's i believe. :D

Ring camera from neighbor was reported by Kaylee’s sister to confirm they made it home, it has not been released, I don’t think the neighbor was released either

Agree, unless it is the angle of the video prevents seeing Taylor Rd

JMO

If K was the target the big question is who knew she was going to be in town? Her mom said in an earlier interview that she was debating whether to go so it’s not like her visit was planned way in advance. I think that makes of much harder for the attack to be preplanned by someone watching from the woods. MOO.
I could be mistaken, but weren’t pics of them all posted on social media that day before they all went their separate ways? If so, tons of people would have known she was back.

And there is a white car parked out front that looks like the one in question.
The driver's side windows of the white car in the noise complaint video are different from those in the sample photos of a Hyundai Elantra released by the police. In the police sample photos (and for that matter in the crashed car in Oregon), the bottom of the back seat windows curves up near the back of the car. In the noise complaint video, the bottom of the windows that are visible on the driver's side makes a straight line all the way back.

JMO

Last edited:
Interesting, you think the killer attempted to disguise himself at night wearing a green suit?
Maybe I missed part of the convo

- coveralls over all clothing for inside the house and booties over shoes
- black head to toe, maybe black paint on face to prevent light reflection off of light skin
- the knife is of tactical type, maybe tactical clothing in black

Of course I am not convinced the getaway was a white sedan parked in front, I’m thinking the back entry and exit through woods to another road or residence

JMO
Someone had mentioned wet suits and I explained why in my personal noncriminal aquatic experience, they wouldn't be a good choice. Someone else suggest this sort of green-screen suit would be a better weight, which reminded me of this criminal event near me. I don't think the killer(s) were dressed like this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1