ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this a lot here. However, what SG says about who is and who isn’t a suspect is irrelevant-it’s what LE says that matters, which is what they keep reiterating -to stick to information given by them.

The key issue, to me, is whether or not the mention of Adam has anything to do with the murders. Many think it doesn’t, but I don’t know how anyone would know that. I think it’s entirely possible that it doesn’t, and entirely possible that it does.

I guess if one already has formed an opinion between two options, one being a stranger killer and one being a known killer, you could place this “Adam mention” into one of those theories. I’m keeping an open mind, though, especially as pieces of information about that night and events and people related to the victims continue to become known.

I think it’s certainly possible that telling Adam -whoever he is, and we don’t even know that for sure- “everything” might have put someone on the spot. Might have triggered someone who was already frustrated, angry, jealous….
I think SG knows how vital the car is. Want everyone to re focus.

I see this a lot here. However, what SG says about who is and who isn’t a suspect is irrelevant-it’s what LE says that matters, which is what they keep reiterating -to stick to information given by them.

The key issue, to me, is whether or not the mention of Adam has anything to do with the murders. Many think it doesn’t, but I don’t know how anyone would know that. I think it’s entirely possible that it doesn’t, and entirely possible that it does.

I guess if one already has formed an opinion between two options, one being a stranger killer and one being a known killer, you could place this “Adam mention” into one of those theories. I’m keeping an open mind, though, especially as pieces of information about that night and events and people related to the victims continue to become known.

I think it’s certainly possible that telling Adam -whoever he is, and we don’t even know that for sure- “everything” might have put someone on the spot. Might have triggered someone who was already frustrated, angry, jealous….
Interesting.

I wonder if this vehicle has any significance or correlation to the Moscow Murders. Comments by Eugene Police Department in Oregon - “We are aware of it and have sent the vehicle information to Moscow Idaho. We will refer everybody to call Moscow Idaho police for any additional information.” ~EPD.

Eugene is approximately 8 hours from Moscow.

Last edited:
I was wondering this too and I've been going through social media to see if a lot of people went to this game that were from out of state. I've only found one family so far and I think it's pretty obvious that we can rule this husband and wife from California out as suspects. I'm a huge college football fan and I don't think UC Davis has a big "traveling" following like other teams.
UC Davis doesn’t have a big local fan base, either. I was at the previous weekend’s game AT UC Davis in California and the crowd was small. I can’t imagine very many of those fans driving 13 hours to see a game that they wouldn’t drive 13 minutes to see in their own backyard. Sure, a local UCD alum may go to the game, but to extrapolate to that fan killing four strangers later that day is beyond belief.

MOO-

The one constant in this investigation is the police reiterate over and over they believe the house or one of the four victims was TARGETED.

The word targeted to me would reflect the attacks are premeditated / planned.

Which is why I’ve just been struggling with the idea of the white Elantra.

I just find it hard to believe anyone who planned to brutally murder 4 people and manage to get in and out with no witnesses (the public knows about)… would park the car in front or on the side or anywhere near the house. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Again.. MOO

It doesn’t add up. For the life of me I couldn’t make sense of it.

Until… I thought about this…

We know LE requested surveillance from all local homes / buildings facing the girls house.

We know the car is of great importance because LE says it was seen in the immediate area.

What if they don’t have footage of the car outside the house that night… just near it.

Maybe all they have from THAT NIGHT is corroborating footage of the car in the immediate area on the other main roads near the house.

It’s much more likely the car was seen / discovered prior to the gas station footage release… on the neighbors cameras in the weeks and days prior ….. driving by or parked near the home… days they weren’t committing a horrific crime….on the days they were still contemplating it or planning it.

Just throwing out ideas.
Great ideas - utilizing common sense and reasoning.

I haven't read all these threads (yet) so don't know what's been addressed BUT this case has me so rattled I have trouble sleeping, even with a light on. I live no where near Idaho.

But some thoughts popped into my head ... the "Lizzie Borden" case ... what if the killer was naked, so easier to not leave a trail .....

And how could someone do this in the dark? I'm guessing there weren't any lights on.

I know ... random ... but ....... my mind can't even go there.

@Wallendo Thx for your post w this info. Interesting that the in-state student % is so high.
But that does not necessarily translate to easy & convenient for LE to arrange interviews and travel to students who are not in the Moscow area (at least til classes resume). It's a big state.

One thing in LE's favor for those interviews, a lot of the state's population is concentrated in cities along interstate hiways in southern ID.
TRIPinfo.com: Group Trips Start Here
File:Idaho population map.png - Wikimedia Commons

FWIW: "With an area of 83,570 square miles (216,400 km2), Idaho is the 14th largest state by land area, but with a population of approximately 1.8 million, it ranks as the 13th least populous and the 7th least densely populated of the 50 U.S. states."
You’ve described a killers ideal hunting ground. Ted Bundy frequented universities for hunting and stalking potential victims. I believe they felt safe in the “safety in numbers” coccoon. JMOO

I haven't read all these threads (yet) so don't know what's been addressed BUT this case has me so rattled I have trouble sleeping, even with a light on. I live no where near Idaho.

But some thoughts popped into my head ... the "Lizzie Borden" case ... what if the killer was naked, so easier to not leave a trail .....

And how could someone do this in the dark? I'm guessing there weren't any lights on.

Ahh, those were the good old pre-DNA days!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to no link>

The EPD response to questions as to whether the car is related to Moscow

MOO-

Does not scream no…. If anything it makes me think it could be related.

Last edited by a moderator:

In one of these many threads, someone pointed out that a naked person would shed skin cells, hairs, and other things at the scene and thus would leave a lot of their DNA. Which is not to say it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely. (They'd have to put their clothes back on before going back into the cold night.

It's also been pointed out that the they could've brought some sort of light and that the roommates had some decorative lights on.

That said, I'll go and double-lock the door now. :)

JMO

I'm a cold-water swimmer/surfer, and I'd be surprised if it were a wet suit. They are designed to be porous enough to let a thin layer of water in, which your body then warms and uses as an additional layer of insulation. And they are meant to fit super tight to avoid drag in the water (which means they take a few minutes to remove). I could see the use of a dry suit, which can be used to keep water completely out and are not formfitting, but they are pricey ($1,000 and up).
Yeah, wet and dry suits are a lot to manage for a murder, I have a “green suit” purchased with my green screen to make silly cat videos, chroma key suits would be a more practical choice for complete coverage to contain DNA shedding, including the face. Cheaper too. Jmo.
One could wear clothes over and/or under the suit.

I wonder if this vehicle has any significance or correlation to the Moscow Murders. Comments by Eugene Police Department in Oregon - “We are aware of it and have sent the vehicle information to Moscow Idaho. We will refer everybody to call Moscow Idaho police for any additional information.” ~EPD.

Eugene is approximately 8 hours from Moscow.

Makes me wonder if there was something in the car that lead EPD send info to Moscow?

In my opinion, I am pretty confident that they know more about the whereabouts of Ethan and Xana during the timeframe in question than they are letting on. Considering the resources at their disposal, the amount of people they have probably interviewed, etc. I would be shocked if they haven't put together their actions and movements for that timeframe.

The question is why aren't they telling the public if that's the case. Must be something more to it in regards to the crime perhaps. All just my opinion of course.
There are things I can't say on here, but I am leaning toward Ethan being the target. I'm thinking there was an argument at the frat party. An old beef with someone. And that someone was very angry (roid rage + drinking and/or drugs?). Girls were collateral damage. X fought back, girls upstairs heard her? I think, iirc, that you can see the house from frat. Saw lights go out after E + X left? LE needs car for DNA, maybe bc killer wore gloves, booties..maybe even overalls? So hopeful LE will put it all together. Prayers up!

Yeah, wet and dry suits are a lot to manage for a murder, I have a “green suit” purchased with my green screen to make silly cat videos, chroma key suits would be a more practical choice for complete coverage to contain DNA shedding, including the face. Cheaper too. Jmo.
One could wear clothes over and/or under the suit.
I'm thinking coveralls, gloves, booties. Planned, too.

There is so much risk associated with committing this crime. If the house had an alarm or if someone noticed a vehicle or its headlights outside or if the dog started barking are all things that could have derailed this crime. Once inside, if the house was dark, did the killer use a flashlight to be able to walk around without bumping into anything?

Then there is the motive. What is the motive? If the crime was planned, wouldn't leaving also be planned? Wouldn't the person already plan to leave the area before committing the crime to make sure they have no connection to the crime scene?

If the person who committed this crime took the approach that they might be caught, then why commit the crime unless they feel somehow, they have been disrespected or dishonored.

Without knowing the victims it is hard to come to conclusions. Without a motive it is difficult to understand this crime. What type of man would be the last type of man anyone would ever expect the girls to be around?

So according to this article these are potential reasons in MOO that FBI is so heavily involved:
  • A local or state police department requests that the FBI file for an Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution (UFAP) warrant to allow the Bureau to enter a local homicide case. The Bureau’s task is the apprehension of the interstate fugitive, not the investigation of the actual murder.
  • The murders involve violent crimes against interstate travelers, such as serial killings.
  • The purpose of the murder was to promote a criminal enterprise, such as in organized crime and drug trafficking.
Any others seem plausible ?
It’s not unusual for the FBI to assist in high profile mass murders in order to provide technology and expertise not available within many town and city LE departments.
The local department with jurisdiction only needs to ask.

FBI website
What We Investigate

The FBI's top priorities are national security threats, but the Bureau also continues to play a key role in combating violent crime in big cities and local communities across the United States.

The FBI concentrates on crime problems that pose major threats to American society. Significant violent crime incidents such as mass killings, sniper murders, and serial killings can paralyze entire communities and stretch state and local law enforcement resources to their limits.

BBM

Wasn't a crime with similar MO committed in Silverdale, Oregon on August 13, 2021, Travis Jueten and his wife, stabbed in bed, around 3 a.m.?
There may be a connection here.
Interesting article about a possible connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1