ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out please? Last thread there was talk about Kaylee having pictures on her Instagram showing she wore a smart watch (I can’t remember who the poster was!). I remember looking at all the girls’ social media a few weeks back specifically for that reason and seem to remember I didn’t see one on any of the girls. Can someone link one of those pictures for me? Maybe I missed a picture? Thanks in advance!
Someone may have already linked for you, but just in case not:

This just screams that LE doesn't have a suspect.
LE could have a good idea who the suspect is, but not exactly where he is. That could very well be the reason they are searching for the Hyundai Elantra. Or perhaps it screams that the chief doesn't wish to answer every question the media asks. Another thought is that perhaps such answers are misinformation aimed at the suspect, who may be keeping tabs on tv and the internet. JMO

Last edited:
Snipped for focus.
I believe that at least one store owner/representative said "Ka-bar type knife" was the request.

However, I think they would know what style knife even before a full autopsy based on depth of wounds and especially the typical bruising caused by the hilt of the knife. Early on in the autopsy, I would expect they would have used x-ray or even MRI to document the wounds before the rest of the procedure went on.

But I don't think LE has ever said it was a Ka-Bar or even a Ka-Bar type knife. Which is interesting. I don't recall a grid search of the area, looking for the weapon. I do recall pictures of dogs on scene, but not a full on search of the immediate area around the house for a weapon. Nor has the public been asked to BOLO for a discarded knife.

All of that is very interesting. It's even interesting (if true) that two stores were contacted (two sporting goods stores, apparently) about recent purchase of a knife, almost as if some witness said "So and so recently acquired a certain kind of knife." LE may have just been on a fishing expedition (and hopefully they went to all area stores that sell that style knife - and asked for video footage as far back as it could go).

Has anyone considered that LE has the knife? If the person wore gloves and made sure their prints weren’t on the knife, maybe it was left at the scene. How it was left might have looked like a “message” of sorts and that prompted LE to call in FBI and BAU quickly. Just throwing this thought out there. moo.

‘Lots of people knew the inside of the house’….resulting in a Ton of DNA for Forensics to go through, can understand that it would take LE substantial time to identify and Interview the owners of such DNA or those identified in he Police Footage!
I wasn’t sure

Missing a big one, but maybe it's too long ago. Richard Speck stabbed 8 nurses in Chicago 1966. He did not know any of them, did not stalk them. Survived to be captured.

He did rape one of the victims, though. But the parallels are there. It was so long ago that no one I talk to (about the Idaho crime) has heard of it.

I believe Speck enjoyed the terror of his victims, whereas the killer in Idaho appears to have entered and exited fairly quickly and the victims were either still in or near their beds.

Which makes me think that the killer had a very specific reason for wanting at least some of those 4 people to be taken out. Could be a perceived slight, but if it is "methodical" (Mrs G said so), then I'm thinking that at least 3 people were targeted and known to be living in that house and in those rooms. IMO.

Wasn't it the police that said K-bar? And a k-bar is more of a survivalist knife than a good hunting knife.

I thought the store owners said the police said "Ka-Bar."

And survivalists do favor that style of knife, but people I know who have a similar style call it a "personal defense" knife, which is what USMC members have told me they were trained to do with it. Survivalists often want a hunting knife (which this isn't, really) whereas "preppers" apparently want this type of knife.

I have been off for a few days and can't seem to quote or pull across from previous threads. In my original post (copied below) I was NOT referring to the Boston Marathon bombers. I was referring to an event with equal weight and value to what happened in Moscow. The only difference was that the threat was called in immediately, not 8 hours later. The event was also targeted. But the perp was still on the loose and unhinged, much like this perp likely was, and LE did what they could do to act big and act fast and it took a full 48 hours to drive him out. And yes, mandatory lockdown was in effect due to LE not being able to ensure the safety of the community.

The only reason I am thinking that they locked down the university area and released a short time later is a) They didn't have the leadership to make big, fast decisions. b) They didn't have the finances to make big, fast decisions. Or C) they knew exactly where the perp was, which makes no sense given the time from event to now. I am leaning towards B.

Original post:
"Ok, this has been on my mind and so I'm throwing it out there.

I lived in a city where a person had committed multiple murders and had evaded police, won't mention names or cities here. But a HUGE portion of the immediate area was placed into lockdown (a good 10km by 10km area) - residents to lock doors/close blinds, road blocks set up. LE, dogs, drones and experts with heat sensor cameras searched the area thoroughly. This was the only reason that they were able to drive out and catch the culprit, even though it was stressful to all involved and no one knew how much time had passed from murder to capture.

Why was the action by LE after discovering this carnage to lockdown and then release claiming that it was a specific target and therefore the community should stay aware but not worried? It is not about community worry, it is about catching the perp. Was it because of how much time had passed and they really had no idea where in the world this person could be? But why would they not even try that?"
LE cannot "lock people" down.

Do you know for sure that the room doors were locked on the first floor? For all we know the doors could have been unlocked. Also the video I linked shows how easy it is to unlock a locked bedroom door. Leaving survivors on the 1 st floor does leave witnesses. Even if the witnesses stayed in their rooms during the murder. It left open the possibility that they could see the killer or killers or the car they were in from their front windows and they could possibly hear something.

I understand the roommates didn’t seem to hear or see anything. However, the killer and or killers had no way of knowing for sure that these girls on the 1st floor didn’t hear something or see something out their front windows on the morning of the murders. Which is why I feel strongly that had the killer and or killers known that their were girls on the 1st floor than he would have killed them as well to eliminate risk.

Why risk killing on the 3rd if you can just kill those on the 2nd floor and immediately leave and come back out through the sliding glass door on the 2nd. If he’s going to risk going to the 3rd floor even if it’s for his target than why not go down to the 1st since you took care of 2nd and 3rd floor.

JMO

The locks on the doors may have been electronic padlock rather than the kind used in the video that you linked.

Snipped for focus.

Has anyone considered that LE has the knife? If the person wore gloves and made sure their prints weren’t on the knife, maybe it was left at the scene. How it was left might have looked like a “message” of sorts and that prompted LE to call in FBI and BAU quickly. Just throwing this thought out there. moo.
the police have repeatedly stated that the weapon has not been recovered.

Where is the idea that these young women were really drunk coming from?

Just curious. KG's voice is not slurred in the security cam (pre-Grub Truck) video, although she is speaking somewhat loudly and she gestures in an animated fashion. I don't see any staggering and MM answers quietly. None of the three appear super drunk to me. This is at least 30-45 minutes before the young women will arrive back home, having stopped to eat food (no liquor consumed at the Grub Truck that I can see). Then they walk some more to meet their ride and take a 10 minute ride home, or thereabouts.

What's the evidence we have that they are so inebriated? Why does that keep being said as a fact here? Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

The way the two women are dressed does not say "out for a party/drinking/socializing evening" to me. Nor does their behavior look exceedingly influenced by alcohol. If they did drink at the Corner Club, they walked some, ate some, walked some more, took a car ride. They'd be in the sobering-up phase. Is there evidence that they were drinking at home? I believe there was a fast food bag visible in the kitchen, but that's it. Maybe there were liquor bottles visible? Is that the evidence?

MOO. Speculation included.
They definitely weren't "knee knocking, commode-hugging" drunk in the video from the Grub Truck. Definitely inebriated but still in control.

Didn't the store owner state that right after the murders the police came and asked if they sold K-bar knives? Not Kbar type knives, but Kbar.
He actually said KA-BAR style:

“They were specifically asking whether or not we carry KA-BAR-style knives, which we do not,” Jutte told the paper. “If we did, we could’ve reviewed surveillance footage. But it wasn’t something I could help them with.”

My guess is that Kaylee's room was all packed up to move/not set up for sleeping anymore, so she left her dog in there (possibly crated) and slept in Maddie's bed.

Wasn't she still a month away from moving out? It's purely speculation of course, but beds tend to be the first thing to set up and the last thing to take down when moving...
Kaylee's room was not all packed up and was set up for sleeping per her father.

Goncalves surmised that they died in Mogen's bedroom on the third floor because "there are photos of Kaylee's room with no blood on the bed."

Source

LE could have a good idea who the suspect is, but not exactly where he is. That could very well be the reason they are searching for the Hyundai Elantra. Or perhaps it screams that the chief doesn't wish to answer every question the media asks. JMO

And even if they know where he is, right now, they still need some witnesses to give up crucial testimony. I see signs of people "cracking" a bit, as more residents of Moscow, ID get vocal about what they think happened (on newspaper comment sites, on internet forums, etc).

My own view is that as people in town start talking to each other, little by little, they too will see "patterns" and more people will talk. Their various views will either stack up and corroborate each other or not. LE keeps things quiet so that new witnesses can speak to their own theories, without clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow