ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any discussion relative to those several 'so-happy-to-have-such-a-close/sweet-friend' cozy depictions of the third floor victims?
I haven't found any MSM articles that address dissent between the third-floor victims; however, sorting through the SM of both victims and viewing the recently released video, I have some thoughts regarding how that relationship may have been evolving. All may not have been as rosy as it once was. MOO.

RSBM - This^^ has always bothered me. Set aside what seems to have been a very messy scene (and foul smelling from all the blood) for a moment. I get the fear of calling 911 immediately. Why did they call and have others come over instead of seeking help from their housemates? If I have concern about the welfare of someone in my house, I’m going to ask others there for help first rather than trying to get a hold of someone and waiting for them to get there. If they’d done this, surely the reported statement would be much different when none of the other girls responded.

So much focus is on who of the four was the target and why. My question from day 1 has been WHY THE OTHER TWO WEREN’T targeted. The killer had to pass by the stairs leading down to get to X’s room (which is very out of the way compared to the entry point and upstairs) so I don’t buy the “they didn’t know others were down there” theory.

Not insinuating the survivors were involved, but I think the answers to these two questions (which LE may have) would shed valuable light on which direction to take.
Just a bit of info. I had a cop friend over last night and I asked said cop if they had ever been on a scene with a ton of blood. Friend cop said yes. I asked if they could smell the blood on scene. Friend cop said no. That some of the other cops can, but that friend cop never noticed a blood smell.

So I wouldn’t assume that a bloody scene would necessarily have a strong odor.

When you move states, should you change the plate on the car to match your new state of residence?

I'm not from the USA, my apologies.
In the state that I live in, if you move here from out-of-state and establish residency, then you have 30 days to register your car here and get a new driver's license for this state. Also transfer title to the vehicle within that time period. Students, on the other hand, do not need to do this unless they establish permanent residence in the state where there college/university is. They often use their parents' address as their permanent residence, so registering their vehicle in the state where they go to school isn't necessary.

This is crazy! This was one of my first thoughts in the very beginning of the case. Seeing as Kaylee's sister called her a Sleuth. I thought maybe she had bad vibes about a boyfriend of a friend or roommate, or maybe helped a friend/roommate through a break up (how many times have women convinced other women to have the strength to leave an abusive relationship?), said girlfriend leaves, and then the boyfriend went on a rampage. The girls all seemed really close where I could totally see them (in my mind), supporting a friend in need. So kind of random that one of my first feelings was actually a true event in another case. But at this point, I thought that would have already been worked through so seems a little deeper.

All just my opinions/thoughts
The Idaho case could absolutely have a similar motive. All of the pre-existing circumstances, as you stated, would certainly fit that theory.

Say the Police suspects its "A" and he has a white Elantra - but the footage they have cannot prove its his Elantra.

Several other people on websleuths have theorised that:-

Suspect "A" most likely has a rock solid (FOR NOW) Alibi (obviously sleeping at the time may not be enough so what else is rock solid??)

They need witnesses and other theories to debunk "A's" rock solid Alibi in regard to this White Elantra.

Maybe prior sightings of the White Elantra in the area weeks before the incident.

Or a person no longer believing in what "A" is saying or doing since the incident. Just MOO.

Just because each door had a combination lock doesn't mean that those locks were engaged. They operate just like any other door handle unless the lever on the inside is flipped, thus locking it.
Given that it was a party house, I imagine the locks on the individual bedrooms were primarily used to keep party goers out of the private rooms. Downstairs roommates may have locked their doors as they got home 'early' and didn't know what the others had planned. The others all got home/went to bed around the same time, knew there was no party that night, and had no reason to lock their doors.

IMO, killer locked the doors behind him to delay possible discovery.

from the last thread:

Idaho university murders: Investigators seen measuring tire ...

https://www.foxnews.com › idaho-university-murders-inv...

Nov 19, 2022 — Idaho investigators were seen measuring tire marks outside of the Moscow, Idaho, home where four University of Idaho students were stabbed ...

maybe when they were measuring tire tread marks, they have info that the Elantra was actually at the house... in the driveway? (IMO... just a conjecture)
MOO: I've been thinking something was caught on the neighbor's video. Much like the sister stating Murphy was taken out to go to the bathroom, when they returned from the bar & food truck.

I recall there was a white sedan similar to an Elantra across the street from where the underage drinking incident occurred at that time. It's facing east, not west, but there's a possibility it might have done a 180 somewhere along the way. It's also possible that this was the car captured on the Linda Street video.
0:48 Fry: so the body cam image that is out there from an officer who was on a call with an alcohol offense does have a white vehicle in it, this is not the vehicle we are looking for so we want to clear that up with the news media.

So technically the surviving housemates should have been able to simply open the door… and then see a full on murder scene … if the locks weren’t engaged? But instead they only had concern for one housemate : ‘surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they thought one of the victims had passed out and wasn't waking up’
On Dr. Phil, a theory was mentioned, one of the victims on the second floor was expected someplace, and couldn't be woken up. Their car was there, and possibly the roommates were calling and could hear their phone ringing, but they didn't pick up, so they called in friends, and family to help wake them up, with no luck, so LE was called. I'm assuming that the perp locked the doors behind himself to delay the victims being found quickly, giving him time to escape town?
M00

MOO: I've been thinking something was caught on the neighbor's video. Much like the sister stating Murphy was taken out to go to the bathroom, when they returned from the bar & food truck.
And the sister knew that the sorority driver had actually dropped M & K off at home, I believe she stated that she confirmed this by surveillance videos/ camera.

0:48 Fry: so the body cam image that is out there from an officer who was on a call with an alcohol offense does have a white vehicle in it, this is not the vehicle we are looking for so we want to clear that up with the news media.
I think this quote is in reference to the alcohol offense that was near in time the same night as the murders, as opposed to the noise response video at the house from months before.

edited to add: I see this theory was already posted….sorry for the repeat. Can’t figure out how to delete The entire post.

A theory I read that made sense to me was that one of the roommates from downstairs, phone in hand, walked up the steps to go to the kitchen. She saw a brutal, horrible scene and ran out of the house screaming. She was hysterical and unable to verbalize what she’d witnessed. She was hyperventilating and passed out, at which point someone (other room mate? Someone out that morning?) grabbed her phone and dialed 911 for her as she was unconscious, then called friends who lived close by. No one yet knew the carnage except the roommate who had passed out. Before anyone from EMS can get there, others walk in to see what had her so hysterical and discover E and X.

The theory has merit, but I suppose unless the 911 call is released, we won’t know for sure. Every report says something different.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the perp locked the doors behind himself to delay the victims being found quickly, giving him time to escape town?
M00
Clipped for focus.

Inside my apartment, you can't lock a door from the inside on any of the interior doors as you're exiting like you could the front door...is it common?

Clipped for focus.

Inside my apartment, you can't lock a door from the inside on any of the interior doors as you're exiting like you could the front door...is it common?
I don’t think it’s uncommon. For example doors with the push lock or turn locks on the handle (common for bathrooms and sometimes bedrooms), you can engage the lock while the door is open then shut the door.

The only reason I am thinking that they locked down the university area and released a short time later is a) They didn't have the leadership to make big, fast decisions. b) They didn't have the finances to make big, fast decisions. Or C) they knew exactly where the perp was, which makes no sense given the time from event to now. I am leaning towards B.
<snipped for focus>

They locked down the university initially and then released it when they learned the murder was off campus and that local LE stated that it was a targeted attack, IIRC. The university's senior leadership was able to make the decisions, likely after conversations with local LE who also operate as campus police through a negotiated contract between the Mosco Police Department and the University of Idaho.

Also, I am sure that the president of the university was in constant contact with the chair of the university's Board of Regents while making the decisions. This is how things work with the chief executive officer of a university and his/her senior leadership team, and the Board to whom they report.

I see no reason to criticize the senior leadership at the University of Idaho, and wIth regard to b) finances - that would not have been a consideration at a time like this.

With regard to c) the university leadership would not know where the perp was, but was making their decision based on what they were told by LE, that this was an off campus crime and that it was targeted.

All JMO.

Just came across this article and thought it was wonderful that E’s fraternity is establishing a scholarship in his name. Hadn’t seen it here yet so apologies if it’s already been posted and I missed it.

I suspect he's talking about the car that's parked.

ty5wd0i.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member