ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the idea that these young women were really drunk coming from?

Just curious. KG's voice is not slurred in the security cam (pre-Grub Truck) video, although she is speaking somewhat loudly and she gestures in an animated fashion. I don't see any staggering and MM answers quietly. None of the three appear super drunk to me. This is at least 30-45 minutes before the young women will arrive back home, having stopped to eat food (no liquor consumed at the Grub Truck that I can see). Then they walk some more to meet their ride and take a 10 minute ride home, or thereabouts.

What's the evidence we have that they are so inebriated? Why does that keep being said as a fact here? Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

The way the two women are dressed does not say "out for a party/drinking/socializing evening" to me. Nor does their behavior look exceedingly influenced by alcohol. If they did drink at the Corner Club, they walked some, ate some, walked some more, took a car ride. They'd be in the sobering-up phase. Is there evidence that they were drinking at home? I believe there was a fast food bag visible in the kitchen, but that's it. Maybe there were liquor bottles visible? Is that the evidence?

MOO. Speculation included.
MM is visibly stumbling in the food truck video

"Steven Goncalves said he asked the coroner, Cathy Mabbutt, how many times the victims were stabbed.

"She says, sir, I don't think stabs is the right word, it was like tears, like this was a strong weapon, not like a stab," he told Fox News Digital Sunday. "

I've felt from the beginning that the knife itself likely tells a lot about whomever bought it, so was a little disappointed when they disclosed that it wasn't necessarily a Ka-Bar, as I'd hoped early on it might help lead them to the killer. There are a LOT of different types of long, fixed blade knives, and reasons for owning them, and knowing exactly what it was could, I believe, open the door to understanding this individual's hobbies, where and how they spend their time, possible online activity, etc. I'd personally be obsessing over answering exactly what he used, along with all the rest of the things they're having to look into.

So this will seem random to anyone who's not familiar with knives and knife collectors, but for any of you who are - doesn't that description sound like it could be more of a heavy chopper, like a ESEE, kukri, or even a hatchet? All my opinion as always, but I'm not speculating wildly here - I own all three (and several ka-bars) because I've spent a lifetime enjoying camping and backpacking. "Tears" is an odd word to use IMO, and I'm not all that sure how you get there with an actual combat knife - when I read the above post again a moment ago it dawned on me that their actual description of "edged weapon like a knife" leaves the door open to many very specific types of bladed tools. Someone early on said something to the effect of "find the knife and you find the killer" and I've agreed with it all along. 2 cents on a Thursday afternoon!

I‘ve seriously considered this too, but wow the creep factor and brazenness makes me pause.
So now where are they, safe and warm in their home watching all the events at the house Nearby? Or did they leave town and are hiding/healing somewhere to return After the holidays?

I tend to think the killer is not someone who has been in the spotlight of social media. To me they were a lurker on the GrubTruck footage online, now watching social media, could be in chats.

Do they have a buzz, is it waning? Radio silence would get them to act, if they like the attention. What action would they take if the buzz wanes?
- an interview?
- a clue?
- another crime?
- come out of hiding and go back to life?

JMO
AOTA…yes, yes, and yes. (Another crime, for intensity mostly…makes me shudder to think it’s crossed his mind). Quietly watching the investigation progress, etc.? Yes, more than likely. He’s also probably much more calm now. The screaming inside has stopped. The twisted, tormented, pent up angst has finally waned. He probably slept for three days straight after committing the acts. Perhaps another reason for choosing the 03:00 hour. Insomniac. When they party all night into the morning, that REALLY interferes with his messed up circadian clock. He is skilled in compartmentalizing. Otherwise, who slaughters 4 people and just steps right back into the rhythm and flow of their life? A stone cold socio killer. JMOO.

It makes the most sense.
I can't imagine someone planning this. Its actually quite a densely populated area for a suburb of a small town. There's lots of apartments and houses just meters away.
Also a house with 5 occupants, a dog and potentially bfs also.

We can see from the bodycam footage that there was plenty of people milling about although I suspect the murders happened closer to 4 am than 3am.
3am isn't that late for a Saturday night considering bars close at 2am.

Most serial killers pick easy targets like hitchhikers, sex workers, children, people living alone, walking alone. If you don't want to be caught, you pick these type of targets. Not a high risk target like this. One loud scream from whoever was the first victim and it's game over.

I think it's rage induced, vengeful, personal, unplanned. Rage impairs judgement. Alcohol also.

This is a good thing from the perspective of LE as it's a narrower list of suspects.

People say it was meticulously planned because no hard evidence left behind. But how hard is it to out on gloves and a mask.

I think it's probable the perp has experience with knives. A hunter who's accustomed to dressing animals.
Alcohol could be involved, but I wonder because it is more like a depressant than a stimulant. I know that it does cause some people to pick bar fights, domestic violence, take risks etc. I would lean more to meth or PCP as a possible drug that the perp could have been using. PCP causes psychotic thoughts. I'm a boomer, never tried the hard stuff, but do know people that have and most people that try PCP usually get away from it fast. My family has dealt with younger relatives that were deep into meth and believe me, it causes mental illness and pain and suffering for the ENTIRE family.

IMO, I think the killer was also drunk and perhaps didn’t know what he was doing= messy, sloppy scene
Or the investigators and coroner “publicly” used the terms to annoy and irritate the killer? Deeming his precisely planned and methodically executed quad homicide to be very rudimentary and unprofessional (amateurish). Adjectives such as “sloppy, messy,” can literally refer to a multitude of things. If it was “bloody” - it could be deemed messy. The words uttered leave a lot of gray area between the truth, and what they believe to be the truth. Jmoo

Wow I just seen this
Except that it appears in the police body cam video, one of the roommates answered the door for the officer. Additionally, if you listen, you can hear someone yelling “Kaylee” before the cops approach the door. Scared, buzzed kids worried about being cited for underage drinking or contributing.

Maybe, yes. But stabbings themselves can be evidence of a sexual motive. Male killers who cannot perform sexually in the usual way - and may have suffered humiliation about this - might seek to ‘penetrate’ their victims in other ways. Frenzied attacks by men against women usually have a sexual element to them irrespective of whether they actually try to sexually assault them at the scene. It would not surprise me if the perpetrator of this attack turns out to be a man harbouring this kind of misogynistic rage.
Could be, that’s why I said we have stabbing, I should have spoken more clearly. But would this person leave other markings to suggest a target as we have been discussing to one or more? Idk. Very interesting and frustrating on our end as inquiring minds want to know.

I've felt from the beginning that the knife itself likely tells a lot about whomever bought it, so was a little disappointed when they disclosed that it wasn't necessarily a Ka-Bar, as I'd hoped early on it might help lead them to the killer. There are a LOT of different types of long, fixed blade knives, and reasons for owning them, and knowing exactly what it was could, I believe, open the door to understanding this individual's hobbies, where and how they spend their time, possible online activity, etc. I'd personally be obsessing over answering exactly what he used, along with all the rest of the things they're having to look into.

So this will seem random to anyone who's not familiar with knives and knife collectors, but for any of you who are - doesn't that description sound like it could be more of a heavy chopper, like a ESEE, kukri, or even a hatchet? All my opinion as always, but I'm not speculating wildly here - I own all three (and several ka-bars) because I've spent a lifetime enjoying camping and backpacking. "Tears" is an odd word to use IMO, and I'm not all that sure how you get there with an actual combat knife - when I read the above post again a moment ago it dawned on me that their actual description of "edged weapon like a knife" leaves the door open to many very specific types of bladed tools. Someone early on said something to the effect of "find the knife and you find the killer" and I've agreed with it all along. 2 cents on a Thursday afternoon!
Thank you LynnWhite! I too believe identifying the weapon type is imperative to this case! I have little intel on knives, your post was very informative!

Don't need power of 100 men to kill four sleeping, some likely still somewhat intoxicated people, three of them small women, with a combat knife. One person can do that.
Nothing mentioned regarding “necessity” in my post. Whether needed or not, he was equipped with it. He had no choice. Natural responses can only be stifled and oppressed so much. Surely, a young person could commit such an act. I’ve also posted regarding the nature of the crime. The horridly imbalanced and stacked playing field. None of them stood a chance. He definitely felt the surge, and reacted accordingly and viscerally. Jmoo

Lone mass killers that Survived- Blaze of Glory type killers
Parkland Florida School Shooting- 2018- Cruz
Santa Fe, TX School Shooting- 2018- Dimitrios
Highland Park July 4th Shooting- 2022- Crimo
Colorado Springs nightclub Shooting- 2022- Aldrich

Above appear to suffer mental illness- but not warranting an insanity defense

Lone mass stabbing killers
Reading, UK stabbing-2020- 3 killed knew them- Saadallah
Sagamihara, Japan stabbings- 2016- 19 killed, Uematsu

JMO

So, maybe (if we do a loner theory), the person would be an incel, making a statement out of rage (like Elliot Rodger?) Elliot considered himself good-looking and yet spurned by women at his uni (UCSB). The aim would be terror, just as in most other mass murders, often aimed at a particular demographic. In this theory, EC becomes an unexpected victim.

MM is visibly stumbling in the food truck video

I'll have to watch it again. If she's losing coordination by that time (around 1 am?) then best explanation, IMO, is a lot of alcohol. I remember one of the young women being a little unsteady, but didn't see her stumble/trip. I see both of them able to step forwards and backwards, and mostly standing up properly (but I can't find a release of the full video any more). KG takes a picture of a woman at some point, able to hold her camera over her head and stand balanced on two feet. MM is jiggling her leg impatiently while talking to the man who will then go and speak to HG.

I'm just comparing what I've seen so far to what I see on college campuses during parties, where people are falling down drunk or really discoordinated.

If anyone has a link to the full food truck video, that would be great.

That is not true. I was agreeing to a poster who was talking about physical home location, not circle of acquaintance. As I wrote, in terms of social context he is statistically most likely in their extended circles of acquaintances. And that is even more likely since the very close handful of friends have probably already been subject to deep investigation by LE
Thanks for that clarification. It was in reference to the physical location and proximity of the HOUSE, as the entity. Not the circle of friends or social contacts (not that it isn’t relevant on its own). If anything, he’s a “fringe” acquaintance of an acquaintance. Someone they may even be completely “oblivious” to in their inner circle. Jmoo

I asked Moscow Police Chief James Fry whether they believe the killer is still in the Idaho area or far away. “We are not disclosing any of that. Some of that we just don’t know at this point.” My full interview when I fill in for Dan Abrams on
@NewsNation
at 9pmET.

Wow I just seen this
‘Lots of people knew the inside of the house’….resulting in a Ton of DNA for Forensics to go through, can understand that it would take LE substantial time to identify and Interview the owners of such DNA or those identified in he Police Footage!

Didn't the store owner state that right after the murders the police came and asked if they sold K-bar knives? Not Kbar type knives, but Kbar.

So, maybe (if we do a loner theory), the person would be an incel, making a statement out of rage (like Elliot Rodger?) Elliot considered himself good-looking and yet spurned by women at his uni (UCSB). The aim would be terror, just as in most other mass murders, often aimed at a particular demographic. In this theory, EC becomes an unexpected victim.

I'll have to watch it again. If she's losing coordination by that time (around 1 am?) then best explanation, IMO, is a lot of alcohol. I remember one of the young women being a little unsteady, but didn't see her stumble/trip. I see both of them able to step forwards and backwards, and mostly standing up properly (but I can't find a release of the full video any more). KG takes a picture of a woman at some point, able to hold her camera over her head and stand balanced on two feet. MM is jiggling her leg impatiently while talking to the man who will then go and speak to HG.

I'm just comparing what I've seen so far to what I see on college campuses during parties, where people are falling down drunk or really discoordinated.

If anyone has a link to the full food truck video, that would be great.
Elliott Rodger Was a strange beast indeed. He went out in a crazy and chaotic blaze of glory. He never planned to live through it. His was on a suicide mission hellbent on taking out as many of the untouchables as possible.

This killer…well. This guy is one for the books. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member