ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I should think there will be quite a few of those people. The murders were right before Thanksgiving break, so many people would be heading back home.

Plus, I should think there were many people that were frightened and disturbed by what happened and didn't return to the university or perhaps dropped out or applied for a transfer elsewhere.
Or, perhaps it may be more interesting to see who stayed.

I think you'll find resident Bethany answered the door. We don't know for certain any other resident wasn't there either and just didn't want to present to LE.
I dunno.... just going by what was said on the video and what was reported to LE. It was stated the residents were "at another party".

Near the beginning of the video, I heard a “Kaylee” as the police were walking up. I bet the girls were all home.
Think how many people had access to the code to get inside the home, pretty scary. I dunno, I guess it is possible they were home, but it was reported they had left to go to the other party elsewhere, cops told them it was just a noise complaint and nothing more, so makes no sense to lie, but, who knows....but why would M talk to the police on the phone, why then not just come to the door, seems silly.

Wow, that really is surprising! This case should be infamous really. It's a horrific case. News should be USA-wide!
It sometimes surprises me how, in almost every case I have followed here, many people are completely unaware of a major crime that happened in their own town. This case has been covered by all of the major networks, updated regularly, morning shows and evening news, plus the all news networks, but an increasingly large number of people, especially younger people, do not get news from tv. They tend to get it from social media, or other internet sites. There is no shortage of coverage of this case. JMO

Last edited:
Think how many people had access to the code to get inside the home, pretty scary. I dunno, I guess it is possible they were home, but it was reported they had left to go to the other party elsewhere, cops told them it was just a noise complaint and nothing more, so makes no sense to lie, but, who knows....but why would M talk to the police on the phone, why then not just come to the door, seems silly.
Watch the video again. When Bethany answers the door, she has no idea it's a "noise complaint". She panics, says she doesn't live there and closes the door. 5-10 minutes pass. Cops start knocking again, say they aren't leaving, so the folks inside send out two of the guys at the party to deal with the cops. The guys' goal is make sure no one gets in trouble, so they say none of the residents are there. They go back in and call the of-age Maddie who is either actually not home, or just taking the call from inside the house, to speak to the cops.

As someone who works for a large, successful, high volume USED dealership the last 6 years and knows Hyundai Elantras better than the average human being (I am not bragging, trust me) - I would be happy to help explain to you why the reasoning is considered more than reasonable.

If you are releasing information to the general public, regarding 3 different years that the Hyundai Elantra could possibly be AND asking for their help - it screamed to me that even LE doesn’t know what they are looking at. If they are confident it’s a Hyundai, great. Calling it an Elantra ranging several years - crap confidence level.

How would people help LE by looking at a white Elantra and thinking “that’s got to be a 2011-2013.” Or “let me ask this random guy who could possibly be a murderer what year his car is and see if I got a winner!”

THE ONLY WAY THE GENERAL PUBLIC COULD POSSIBLY HELP IDENTIFY THE VEHICLE YEAR IS BY RUNNING UP TO THE CAR PHYSICALLY AND SCANNING THE VIN ON THE WINDSHIELD.

This vehicle image that is circulating doesn’t show a sharp image of it being a Hyundai does it? Let’s give LE benefit of the doubt quick because I’m not trying to NOT trust them or say to not trust them. Let’s say it’s a Hyundai for sure (I can list atleast 3 other manufacture names, models and trims that I thought of while looking at the image of the vehicle for what it’s worth) . Go look up a 2019 Hyundai ioniq. It’s just so vague and dangerous to have ranging years when lots of people will assume the year of an Elantra and think it’s a 2011-2013 because they don’t know cars well enough. It’s irresponsible.
I think that if a person suspects a car is a match they can use the internet to get an idea if they are onto something by looking up the model year numbers of the Elantra in question.

Just doing a quick search now and I can see how different the grill is on a 2017 or 2018 Elantra compared to the 2011-2013 years.

I think LE is going about this the right way.

Watch the video again. When Bethany answers the door, she has no idea it's a "noise complaint". She panics, says she doesn't live there and closes the door. 5-10 minutes pass. Cops start knocking again, say they aren't leaving, so the folks inside send out two of the guys at the party to deal with the cops. The guys' goal is make sure no one gets in trouble, so they say none of the residents are there. They go back in and call the of-age Maddie who is either actually not home, or just taking the call from inside the house, to speak to the cops.
There must be a couple of versions of that video going around, and maybe I got the shortened version, because I only saw LE talking to a guy who came to the door.... unless I missed it. I'll watch the video again, I must have missed the beginning of the video. What you are saying does make sense.

I can see rage as the emotion for the moment, and repeated rages leading to hate.

What makes you think some one went to the house to talk and it spiraled out of control?
That implies the killer was let inside, very different than what I’d imagined- him gaining entry after they went to sleep.

Just curious what makes you think that? Did they leave and go get the knife and return?
Argue with a male neighbor?
A known guy interest?
Guy met earlier in the night?

JMO

Let's start with everytime I had my gas tank filled when Oregon (I know it's not Idaho) had required attendants, everyone had a large knife on their belt. Unknown why, it just was. Granted I only passed through 16 times, and every attendant was male, but I noticed because I happen to like knives, swords, anything I consider unusual. None that I saw were Ka-Bar brand, fwiw. Gerber was most common, some Benchmade, a few Buck brand, and some odds and ends that were pretty special. I asked about every one.

Having a knife on hand does not seem odd to me. I carried a Buck pocket knife for many years, wore a custom Buck special that would cut through a car when I camped, walked alone in the woods, road my mountain bike. I do not live rural, but suburban. Having a knife does not seem out of the norm. So no leaving and going to get a knife necessary, per my particular life experience. It would be nothing out of the norm for this person to have one somewhere.

As a theory, they might have gone in with permission or not, and the person was not emotionally stable.

Reasons they might have wanted to talk to someone in the house include:
  • Felt slighted and wanted to address the issue.
  • Asked someone out and was refused. Trying to seek understanding of why.
  • Someone in the house had some kind of attitude that hurt someone the killer cared about.
  • Someone in the house did something that the killer found offensive.
  • Some agreement the killer might have had with someone in the house was broken.
The list is really endless. Remember in this theory the killer is not mentally stable. Anything can send them over the breaking point.

In this theory, the killer could just came in. Might have sat outside working up courage and figuring what to say. Confronted who they expected to confront. If one of the girls and they were so passed out they couldn't wake up and talk to him, rage could happen if he thought they were doing it on purpose. Or if someone had been awake and laughed at him. What no one seems to understand is that if you take a pillow and put it over someone's face, they are too busy trying to get a pillow off so they can breath that they aren't necessarily defending against a weapon. Pillow over one face, stab the other, stab pillow person.

In this theory, girls first, Ethan heard something and got up, he was third, Xana was last and since not near Ethan has defensive wounds.

There are many variations on the "came to talk and things went south" theories. Some would have the target to talk to as Ethan or Xana. (Wanted to talk to Xana, Ethan said no, bad things happened, someone upstairs made noise so they had to be killed, for example). But they all rely on mental instability of the killer.

JOOMO.

Maddie: “What did you tell Adam?”
Kaylee: “I told him EVERYTHING.”

Have you ever told someone EVERYTHING and it not been a big deal. If their conversation was benign she would’ve told her what they talked about. To answer with “I told him EVERYTHING”…

In my opinion this is one of the biggest clues we’ve received. It wasn’t released by the MPD either. I don’t think “A” is involved but I wonder about the many calls to “J” that night. Were they calling to check his temperature after Kaylee told “A” , his roommate, EVERYTHING?

Just some thoughts and my opinions…
Right on the money IMO

There must be a couple of versions of that video going around, and maybe I got the shortened version, because I only saw LE talking to a guy who came to the door.... unless I missed it. I'll watch the video again, I must have missed the beginning of the video. What you are saying does make sense.
The article that I read originally showed 4 different segments of the video separately so there are definitely shortened clips out there.

The article that I read originally showed 4 different segments of the video separately so there are definitely shortened clips out there.
Good to know, I have watched the video a few times, a couple different versions of the video, and the only people I see coming to the door are two guys, I haven't seen a female come to the door. I thought maybe I was losing it (since others on here have said a girl had initially come to the door), ha!

The 2nd & 3rd floors are part of the original structure - the ground floor is the part that was added on to the house.

“The house originally had two floors, but an owner requested to add the lowest floor in 2000, according to Moscow city permits. Built into a hillside, the house has one exterior door on each floor.”

What supported the north section of the second floor if the first floor wasn't added until later?

Good to know, I have watched the video a few times, a couple different versions of the video, and the only people I see coming to the door are two guys, I haven't seen a female come to the door. I thought maybe I was losing it (since others on here have said a girl had initially come to the door), ha!
There's not just the one body cam either. There's body cam footage from other officers at the Sept 1 call out.

I'm wondering about something regarding person(s) of interest and suspects. Would LE announce a person of interest or a suspect before they are ready to make an arrest? What are the advantages and disadvantages? When has this been done in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*