ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation:

What seems more likely to me, frankly, is that the friend group (more than one person) did something to enrage someone. This person was in their social circle and of course had been to the house before.

Snipped for brevity.
There's a gigantic chasm between a POED fellow student and an apparently capable brutal mass killer. Another thought>>> Any contact (with the victims) who could be brought to this level of mayhem, could be identified by a thorough investigation of ALL possible contacts with victims that could be *problematic*. It would be akin to creating a *family tree* if you will. I have no doubts LE/FBI has done just that. So, if what you say is true, they will get caught. I think the killer was unknown to the victims. MOO

You win. That article does follow upon the addition in 2000 of the *lower* floor. Did it ever have a garage, I wonder?

It's been repeated around the internet that it was the opposite (and someone said they'd checked permits) but I'm going to trust the reporter here (there's more than one article with this perspective).

Long time party house, says the article. I do wonder if the City of Moscow will take any action regarding several issues that come to mind.

This is an older rental ad that was public for 1122 showing what appears to be a garage/shed type of building.

This is an older rental ad that was public for 1122 showing what appears to be a garage/shed type of building.
This is the most recent one.

Audio is likely a bigger issue than video. Idaho is a 1 party consent state, so at least one of the parties in a private conversation has to consent it being recorded or it is illegal.
'This means that in Idaho, you are legally allowed to record a conversation if you are a contributor, or with prior consent from one of the involved parties.' Idaho Code Ann. § 18-6702.

However, the reasonable expectation of privacy is very tenuous at best legally when recorded at a public space. One can argue what constitutes a public space, but not really who would have standing in this case. If it was released to clear HG with HG's knowledge then def. not illegal.

SCOTUS law: Katz vs US, Carpenter vs. US, Gilk vs. Cunniffe (though more a 1st Amendment case)
Creepy is right. The question is why would this Christian group want to record video and audio, and then save it for future use?
M00

It appears the killer just did walk out and melt away into the night! IMHO the multiple deaths were to prevent any living witnesses that might have known or remotely knew the perp to identify him or her.
But the 2 students downstairs could've been potentially looking out of their windows to see who left the house... ..

Not to mention any of the upstairs bedrooms could've had security cameras. They are so tiny these days, they can be hidden anywhere, in a bookcase or in among other tech and chargers/cables on a shelf ....

Last edited:
Snipped for brevity.
There's a gigantic chasm between a POED fellow student and an apparently capable brutal mass killer. Another thought>>> Any contact (with the victims) who could be brought to this level of mayhem, could be identified by a thorough investigation of ALL possible contacts with victims that could be *problematic*. It would be akin to creating a *family tree* if you will. I have no doubts LE/FBI has done just that. So, if what you say is true, they will get caught. I think the killer was unknown to the victims. MOO

Entirely possible (that it was an unknown person). Which is going to be a vastly harder thing to solve - but I think it could get done. I am sure that LE is doing a vast family tree (contact tree).

The intensity of focus and the number of updates in this case make me think that LE have some theories. ALL possible contacts for 4 (or 6) young people in a college community is daunting,

Thank you - so that shed is now gone. I was curious due to wondering about whether a firewall had been used at the back of the lower level (as it might have been with a former garage area). Thinking about sound traveling,

Agreed. There are 10 traffic cams in Moscow: Idaho 511 Travel Information

because I am quite strange, I have watched the cameras, and between bad angles and glare, fog, other inclement weather, etc., IMO these cameras are not what I would consider high quality, and IMO not sure how useful they might be for details.

Also, within the perimeter LE has set (north Taylor; south Palouse river dr.; east 95; west arboretum), there is only one ID traffic camera, and that is at 95 & Palouse River. Otherwise, LE is relying on business or personal /home video within that perimeter. That is not to say that LE could not use the other cameras once a vehicle of interest were identified within the perimeter - certainly they could do that and appear to have done that. iMO the way LE did this was very smart.

Imo LE chose that perimeter knowing that in order to get to the 1122 King house, the killer was either 1) already within that perimeter or 2) had to cross into the perimeter across one of those roads. Of course, that does not mean the perp had to drive down those roads - it means they had to at least cross one IMO. There is no other way to access the house. IMO, based on the map, LE chose the smallest but most precise search area possible, and expanded from there.

I would bet LE followed the path of any car that moved within that area that night, and they narrowed down to the white HE - this IMO of course. So IMO the white HE was seen on video within the perimeter and then LE used video to follow the HE after leaving the perimeter which is potentially how they ended up hitting Troy and Kendrick. Of course, if the killer was smart, they checked the traffic cams before setting the route in and out. If they actually took Taylor/Styner, points off for bad travel choices (businesses, bus stops, wider streets, etc.).

IMO If the killer made it to either of the two small town, there were more choices they could use. I liked the trail idea, but that's just me. I will say that IMO if people did see someone on that trail biking, running, etc., they might have been more apt to notice appearance if they were looking for a killer, but the murders hadn't been announced yet, so easy enough to slip back into town and/or go to their own car and leave from outside the perimeter. IMO we're still at needle/haystack, but who knows. I can say that IMO the travel cameras could potentially help ID whether a car that appears to be a white/light HE crossed through, but more than that, less likely. However, the FBI has some lean, mean tech tools, so I hope they're able to narrow down a whole lot more.

Everything above is JMO IMO IMI
Thank you for sharing, very interesting.
If the perp does not live near the house, they would need a vehicle to get the heck out of Dodge. The highest risk travel would be cities or hwys, so a rural route to another city.
I’ve had this in mind since they posted the 1 square mile area mostly south of the house.
As I’m in Texas it is based on Google Maps and Google Earth.
Exit rear of house and walk following the treeline west to Walenta, then tree line north to curve of Taylor. Walk west in tree line into Arboretum. Car parked in trees, take car south to exit Arboretum and to Sand Road. Go west on Sand Road. Cut back east on Bursch Rd to Snow Rd To 95 South To Genesee.
Dump clothes, weapon along the way, get cleaned up then go back home to Moscow Or near Moscow.

JMO

#2...This eliminates all priests and ministers because they work on Sunday.
Not necessarily. They could still go into work later that morning. Commit killing at 03.00hrs - 04.00hrs, then church doesn't start until 08.00hrs or later.
That's enough time to get cleaned up and pretend like nothing happened. They'd be a bit tired, but could still get through the day.

MOO.

Thank you for sharing, very interesting.
If the perp does not live near the house, they would need a vehicle to get the heck out of Dodge. The highest risk travel would be cities or hwys, so a rural route to another city.
I’ve had this in mind since they posted the 1 square mile area mostly south of the house.
As I’m in Texas it is based on Google Maps and Google Earth.
Exit rear of house and walk following the treeline west to Walenta, then tree line north to curve of Taylor. Walk west in tree line into Arboretum. Car parked in trees, take car south to exit Arboretum and to Sand Road. Go west on Sand Road. Cut back east on Bursch Rd to Snow Rd To 95 South To Genesee.
Dump clothes, weapon along the way, get cleaned up then go back home to Moscow Or near Moscow.

JMO

Well, we'd just be a heck of a team because that's almost exactly what I'd have one. Arboretum open 24/7 and all the trees. Sand Road is wide open spaces. I'd have made Pullman my base camp, gotten back to my car and disappeared with football traffic. Gone to wherever home is from there.
when I first saw LE's perimeter, I did a big ole 'huh?' but then I drew it, and it became very clear. I had a plan, although fortunately, I'm not a homicidal maniac so it's all imi.

Once LE threw Troy/Kendrick into the mix, I had to do some more research, and bingo, the Latah Trail. The path allows them an easy car-free way home. Even better than hiding a car. And by the time they got there, did away with the HE, and got into their running/biking gear, they could get in a nice trek back to Moscow and stay or go.
This is all imo/jmo/imi, of course.

The only things LE knew for certain were: 4 dead young people, murdered; the killer had to come in; the killer had to go out. After that, everything else is a chess piece IMO so they nailed the in and out piece. imo

edited to correct s/v agmt.

Last edited:
Does anyone for sure know there were no residents there? That opens a whole new can of worms about access to that house. JMO
The police (in the video) had to phone one of the residents, because none of them were at the house. The police spoke with M on the phone about people at her home. "House full of random people" is what LE stated....

What LE will be looking for (and probably completed to no avail)>>>
Are there any residents in the neighborhood who>> LEFT THE AREA OR ARE MISSING<< post attack. Regardless of a past history of drugs, encounters with LE, etc. MOO
Well, I should think there will be quite a few of those people. The murders were right before Thanksgiving break, so many people would be heading back home.

Plus, I should think there were many people that were frightened and disturbed by what happened and didn't return to the university or perhaps dropped out or applied for a transfer elsewhere.

The police (in the video) had to phone one of the residents, because none of them were at the house. The police spoke with M on the phone about people at her home. "House full of random people" is what LE stated....
Many (myself included) believe BF opened the door initially and claimed not to be a resident. We have no way to know if other roommates were home and just didn’t want to deal with the cops.

I think you'll find resident Bethany answered the door. We don't know for certain any other resident wasn't there either and just didn't want to present to LE.

I’ve been around many different kinds of guns all my life, but never heard a gun shot with a silencer. So from my movie experience a silencer and a pillow would do the trick.
Who would have a silencer besides some one with ill intentions? Same with suppressor?

JMO
Even with a silencer a gun shot is going to reach at least 130 dcbs. That is roughly as loud as a jet engine. Pillow or not, not only would your roommates hear it but so would your neighbors. Especially at night when sounds carry. Jmo

But the 2 students downstairs could've been potentially looking out of their windows to see who left the house... ..

Not to mention any of the upstairs bedrooms could've had security cameras. They are so tiny these day, they can be hidden anywhere, in as bookshelf or in among other tech and chargers/cables.
IMO it appears the downstairs tenants slept through it all and no mention of any cameras inside the house. Might have, could have, but it seems there were no cameras in the house. We don't know for sure about the cameras but has been stated many times the downstairs residents didn't know anything was wrong until almost noon of the day of the murders.
We don't even know if the perp wore a mask or some other disguise.
Just my 2 cents.

Many (myself included) believe BF opened the door initially and claimed not to be a resident. We have no way to know if other roommates were home and just didn’t want to deal with the cops.
According to the video, they (the residents) were at another party, and not at their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member