ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't true if you believe as many of us do that Bethany opened the door originally. Being underage she may have been apprehensive of admitting she lived there/speaking to the cops in that moment.
The young woman who opened the door doesn't look like B to me. B's cheeks are fuller in the photos and video I have seen.

Interesting. For such a small town, Moscow sure has its serious issues. I have read similar things. Had a close friend who lived out there years ago.
This article lists 8 specific "crimes" in a 21 year period. 1 was a suicide and 2 were disappearances. IMO, that sounds pretty safe...not like "a small town with serious issues". I live in a town with around 30-35K population. The median income is over 90K per household so it's a wealthy area, over 50% have college degrees and over 95% have a high school education. Looking at crime statistics for last year, there were 50 violent crimes. Moscow ID has 10 violent crimes for the same period of time, 6 of which were assault, 3 robberies and 1 rape. I consider that quite safe. Moscow, ID Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

There's a lot of things we don't know. We're not sure where the individual [responsible] is. Every tip helps.'

Watch the video again. When Bethany answers the door, she has no idea it's a "noise complaint". She panics, says she doesn't live there and closes the door. 5-10 minutes pass. Cops start knocking again, say they aren't leaving, so the folks inside send out two of the guys at the party to deal with the cops. The guys' goal is make sure no one gets in trouble, so they say none of the residents are there. They go back in and call the of-age Maddie who is either actually not home, or just taking the call from inside the house, to speak to the cops.
When my daughter went to parties like this everyone would've fled out the back door and up the hill except the two guys who were at least of age.

There are many variations on the "came to talk and things went south" theories. Some would have the target to talk to as Ethan or Xana. (Wanted to talk to Xana, Ethan said no, bad things happened, someone upstairs made noise so they had to be killed, for example). But they all rely on mental instability of the killer.

JOOMO.
MOO>> Killer did not want any interaction with the victims, other than them flailing under the knife as their lives ebbed away.

I just looked at the Moscow police daily log page and the list starts with 1223 2022. The others are gone. Is that unusual? This is just my opinion, but I think some bad things were going on, drugs, maybe, bullying, and those fraternities and sororities, and the whole school will have to recover from whatever happened, just my opinion. maybe somebody in that house was trying to fight bad things, maybe, just my opinion.
Regarding the Moscow police daily log page, I believe they have archives (see link). I'm not sure whether immediate archiving has always been the norm.

JMO

Based on what they’ve said in the last couple interviews, I think they know who it is. I think they’re trying to find him. The expansion of the FBI across the country etc. makes me think so. It may be that that is just for looking for the vehicle, but I’m hoping it’s to go find him. I hope it won’t be too difficult and that someone is not hiding him. Otherwise, it’s freezing cold out. You can’t go camping, etc.

And if that’s true, then it probably is not any of the people everyone has talked about that is local. All those people presumably are with their friends and family. I’m hoping that they are going to look at friends and relatives of who their suspect is across the country and over the Canadian border too I would expect. I hope they find the car and can get this monster off the street.

I agree. I think they know who the killer is. They are just trying to get enough evidence to make it a slam dunk case. I think the investigators went back to the house looking for more DNA evidence.

I'm wondering about something regarding person(s) of interest and suspects. Would LE announce a person of interest or a suspect before they are ready to make an arrest? What are the advantages and disadvantages? When has this been done in the past?
I'd be fearful of vigilante justice if a real suspect were announced; it's bad enough with guess suspects.

IMO

MSN article:

“They had their food, and they were super excited about their mac and cheese as girls are after they go to the club,” he recalled.

[...]

The cabbie said the two friends sat in the back and chatted, but never mentioned anyone named “Adam,” who was invoked in a surveillance video earlier in the night featuring one of the girls.

“They were normal just like any other night. They weren’t upset about anything or talking about anyone,” the taxi driver noted. “There was no nervousness about them. They weren’t afraid of anybody. There was nobody following them or following us.”

The driver recalled that he let Gonclaves and Mogen out of the car on the street outside their home, rather than in the driveway, and left without waiting for them to enter the residence.
BBM

also at Daily Mail article: Driver who dropped off Idaho students at murder house breaks silence
IMO, it would have been an interesting turn of events had the driver stayed nearby to take a lunch/dinner break, parked on the side of Queen Rd eating his sandwich and taking in the surroundings. I wonder what the driver would have seen?

Last edited:
Thank you :) , but the original poster indicated that there is actually other video from another officer's body cam and that is the link I was asking for.
Pretty sure this does give the footage from both body cams. It showed girls walking in the street, cops walking around the house, Bethany answering the door, the guys coming down and the call with Maddie.

Yea, Ive been thinking he and the vehicle are MIA. I suppose it may not have stood out since everyone took off after the murders, then Thanksgiving and now with Christmas. Going through the remote learners, if a student will help, but if not a student, that’s going to be tough.
Let’s wait until Spring semester starts……

Same here. When I watched the video, I was stunned to see that a party was going on and no residents were even home. Seems dangerous. And I can't help but think about the poor dog being there in all of that ruckus and commotion. I wonder how many times police had been called to the house.
IMO, I wonder how the home owner felt about all the parties with strange people in and out.

Does anyone for sure know there were no residents there? That opens a whole new can of worms about access to that house. JMO
I thought that was clearly one of the residents that originally opened the door, but that's just my opinion. They wanted to speak with the residents and she said, let me go get them and was never seen again. Everyone in the house was hiding from the police because that tends to be what you do at parties when police are pounding on the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes