ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering about something regarding person(s) of interest and suspects. Would LE announce a person of interest or a suspect before they are ready to make an arrest? What are the advantages and disadvantages? When has this been done in the past?
I just read the wiki on POI. Worth a read! It has no legal meaning, has only been used since 1986, and its use to describe Richard Jewell in the Atlanta Olympics bombing was problematic to say the least.

Hoping that the perp(s) will be apprehended soon. IMO LE is onto someone and is just piecing together enough evidence for a solid conviction. The fact there is no reward money indicates IMO that they know someone.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the Elantra is a red herring, something to make those who claim they have alibis sweat.

Again MOO.
If it is a red herring, 21999 people have a lawsuit IMO

Bundy was a terrible failure with women. Come on.
Just trying to clarify- you’re saying there is a difference between a killer being attractive to women and a killer being sexually competent with women. As in he may have no problem attracting women (or men) but when the time comes is unable to preform adequately.

What I got from that also is that someone named Cole lived there when he was a junior. If he graduated in 2022 that would mean he lived there last year 2021. Was it a CoEd house in 21? Did all those girls just move in over the summer/fall?

I bring this up because something the police have been unwilling to commit an answer for is whether a person was the target or the location.
this article says that the current lease began June 5 with the 5 known girls and an unnamed 6th person who moved out prior to the start of the school year. I am not sure if we know if any of the known roommates lived there previously, or if we know the gender of the 6th person.

Last edited:
One thing I do wonder about is if the police can not figure it out how long before the killer can last without getting credit for what he did. I'm guessing this has to be somewhat bittersweet from his perspective. I bet he wants everyone to know it was him and it's eating him up that he can't tell anyone. Moo
I've had the eerie thought that he could be on this or some other sleuthing website. He might be thrilled to hear everyone analyzing him and even "complementing" his strength, preparedness, knife skills etc. I hope not.

<modsnip>
For all any of us know he is married with a bunch of kids. Hates wife, knows kids have no future compared to what he sees with the cushy, easy life of the college kids he observed in the bar, over time. Tried to get next to one of the coeds, she casually rebuffed him as did others. Maybe the last one who rebuffed him was the trigger.

He probably doesn't feel particularly intelligent, country people tend to evaluate themselves thru things they accomplish, not thru whether or not they are "smart", as college kids do have drummed into their heads, imo. The way they have been evaluated throughout the education years.

Probably he feels absolutely superior to the coeds and their weak-looking (in his mind) boyfriends who can't even grow beards and who play hacky sack. And walk out the door with gorgeous blondes, the same ones who wouldn't give him the time of day, when he purposely hung around the bar after the 9 pm hour when the shift in clientele occurred.

Knives, tools? Got more than the farmer had in his butchering shed, in the movie "Babe".

Jmo, what I think happened. Nothing to do with "incels", "wokeness" or any of the terms we have to wade through, even on MSM.

Last edited by a moderator:
LE hasn’t addressed the video at all to my knowledge. It was released via a FOIA request.
That's news to me! Who made the request?

Something I noticed watching that bodycam footage... At the very beginning, the first officer on the scene is seemingly narrating the video.

Stop and watch.
Gotta wait for them to get up here anyway.
This is where we can stop, observe what's going on, see if there's any other activity we need to be aware of.
Now let's go make contact.

That just struck me as odd. I wonder if officers are beginning to treat bodycams as home videos, or some sort of performance art.

My thoughts center on current danger from the killer. I am fine with LE withholding any information they want for the sake of the investigation and the trial- in general, we don't have a right to know. But K's dad said, in his first interview (IMO, don't have a link) that he didn't want any other family to go through this - I believe this plays a big part in his ongoing frustration. I concur. I am going to be really angry if LE knows this is a random person not tied to the victims previously who is likely to do this again, and soon. I feel in that case we do have the right to know this information.

It seems to me that, while finding who did this is extremely important, making sure it doesn't happen again is even more important. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing LE. They have a terrifically hard job and have to make a lot of judgment calls. I wouldn't want to be in their place.

I understand your point of view and agree to a point. People want to feel safe, they want to be able to send their children to school, their young adults back to campus, go about their daily lives, and celebrate the holidays in safety rather than fear.

What I’m unsure about is how PD can make people feel safe.
How can LE warn the public in any effective way other than they already have. People should be careful, take care of each other, be aware of your surroundings, lock your doors, be ready to protect yourself. What else could they say that would not cause more problems?

Releasing a criminal profile would seem like a good idea, then they would know what type of person to watch out for and stay away from? I think that is a bad idea.
Profiling isn’t that exact of a science, the public would have reactions
-Against certain types of people, that could get out of hand
-Away from certain types not mentioned that could be dangerous

Some would act upon their own fears, delusions, anger, sense of justice, zealot mindset.
There is a more terrible idea- to these two things at the same time;
1) a profile on the killer
2) a monetary reward for information
Idaho is a gun toting state, like Texas. Someone would interpret that as a bounty. Vigilantes would bring someone, or someone’s head in a box to the Moscow PD.
Disgusting, yes. Fiction? No.

JMO

Something I noticed watching that bodycam footage... At the very beginning, the first officer on the scene is seemingly narrating the video.

Stop and watch.
This is where we can stop, observe what's going on, see if there's any other activity we need to be aware of.

That just struck me as odd. I wonder if officers are beginning to treat bodycams as home videos, or some sort of performance art.

I’ve seen officers do that before, I think they are revealing their thoughts and intentions. Pretty smart, imo. Bodycams are meant to be a recording of their actions, but the thoughts and intentions behind those actions can be misinterpreted. Maybe narrating is a way to prevent that- make things more transparent?

It is interesting to hear!
JMO

Stop and watch.

A YouTube account posted it first following a FOIA request. I won’t link it as I’m not sure they are an approved source of information.

What really bothers me (aside from this horrific crime naturally) is that coincidentally cases like Juetten stabbing / murder resurface and one simply can not ignore that a very sick perp in that case was not apprehended. Even if these two crimes are not connected it's hardly good news as it's not unreasonable to assume that a lunatic at large for over a year and a half most likely didn't refocus his rage or twisted fantasies to become a productive member of the society. He's still out there somewhere happy at the thought of hurting people... Messed up world we live in. Anyway I'm glad that Juetten case came up in the context of King Street murders so that it will maybe motivate LE to renew their efforts in this older case. I sincerely hope that sooner rather than later both of these killers will be brought to justice.

I’ve seen officers do that before, I think they are revealing their thoughts and intentions. Pretty smart, imo. Bodycams are meant to be a recording of their actions, but the thoughts and intentions behind those actions can be misinterpreted. Maybe narrating is a way to prevent that- make things more transparent?

It is interesting to hear!
JMO
Makes perfect sense, accounting for lapses in time, maybe deciding who goes where, putting some real time impressions into what could be a confusing scene. Knocking many times, right there it could be a situation that could go wrong.

Well, I will respectfully disagree..... Moscow is only 25,000 population. I live in a city of over 60,000 and we have had nowhere near the amount of murders and such. And when you factor in the extremist groups, it is way off the charts in that area of Idaho.
For 13 years I lived in a smallish town in Utah the size of Moscow. We had no college or transient population and no extremist groups. During that time we had at least four or five murders. A few years back, a smaller town next to us, a teenager killed his entire family. Geographically we were considered a safe area. Imo.

What really bothers me (aside from this horrific crime naturally) is that coincidentally cases like Juetten stabbing / murder resurface and one simply can not ignore that a very sick perp in that case was not apprehended. Even if these two crimes are not connected it's hardly good news as it's not unreasonable to assume that a lunatic at large for over a year and a half most likely didn't refocus his rage or twisted fantasies to become a productive member of the society. He's still out there somewhere happy at the thought of hurting people... Messed up world we live in. Anyway I'm glad that Juetten case came up in the context of King Street murders so that it will maybe motivate LE to renew their efforts in this older case. I sincerely hope that sooner rather than later both of these killers will be brought to justice.
Great point! It’s also safe to assume he’s locked up or has been locked up on some other minor charge (drug related) for the last year and a half and recently got out…
JMO

Can anyone confirm this?

I believe we've heard statements from all the parents of the victims of this unspeakable tragedy, except MM's parents? I know SG has more or less been the parents unofficial 'spokesperson' and his daughter and MM were inseparable.

Has the parents of MM made a statement?

With regard to the question of anything had come out from MM’s family

New York Post Dec 6, 2022 MM’s step father- ML
New York Post Dec 5, 2022 MM’s boyfriend- JS
Spokesman Review Dec 24, 2022 MM’s biological father- BM

Not sure if you're aware, so here's the link to the Juetten thread. :)

There is no such thing as a safe area. We all live in a delusional bliss until something tragic occurs and then we feel unsettled until the bad guy is behind bars. Once the known threat is removed, we go back into our delusional bubble.

One thing Manson, Dahmer, Bundt had in common—they were all caught. This person will be caught too. It’s just a matter of time.

He stole 4 futures. What he may not realize is that he destroyed his own as well.

His days as a free man are numbered and getting fewer and fewer each day.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member