ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about if the Elantra driver was not the killer, but he was sent to pick up discarded bloody materials, which they did, and then they made the car disappear?
It's possible, but how probable? IMO if more than one person is involved (local or not) they arrived and left together. The alternative complicates things.

This is almost certainly true, IMO. If this killer was an amateur and anywhere in their circle (inner or outer tangents) he would be behind bars. Likewise, LE wouldn't be asking the public's help identifying what is essentially a ghost car at this point. Indeed, if anyone they knew, or anyone they knew knew someone who knew someone who drove that car, he would be behind bars by now.

This cat is a depraved, sadistic ghost, IMO, and BAU being on-scene within hours should tell all of us that. He ain't no friend. He ain't no aggrieved ex. He ain't no frat boy. He's almost certainly someone who stalked them online, picked up where they lived from location sharing (or stalked at work and followed home), and then picked this night because his urge to kill was becoming too much for him to control.

My opinion.
I’m pickin up what your puttin down.

It's possible, but how probable? IMO if more than one person is involved (local or not) they arrived and left together. The alternative complicates things.
I think one killer in each victim room, each killing two people quickly, is definitely a probability. The third person would be the Elantra driver, circling around and waiting to pick up either the killers or their bloody garments. I'm hoping this is what happened; as soon as one is cornered by LE, there's a greater likelihood in another rolling over. I think they're local and home for the holidays, and I think this will break wide open then. MOO

I think one killer in each victim room, each killing two people quickly, is definitely a probability. The third person would be the Elantra driver, circling around and waiting to pick up either the killers or their bloody garments. I'm hoping this is what happened; as soon as one is cornered by LE, there's a greater likelihood in another rolling over. I think they're local and home for the holidays, and I think this will break wide open then. MOO
Let's go with that theory. Is the Elantra local to Moscow, too? It would have been found by now, IMO. Someone would have reported a neighbor owning one.

K's sister saw the neighbor's footage of K&M's arrival home that night. This was first reported in the week following the killings. I know that it was mentioned in a report by Inside Edition. This IS in the media thread, and it's been mentioned many times on just about every thread on this case. IF X&E spent the evening at the frat house, as theorized by LE, then their logical path back home that night would have been on foot less than 600 feet across Taylor, up the path straight to the front of 1122. We aren't sure that happened, because it's possible they had gone somewhere else besides the frat house that night, so they could have arrived home by another route. Like I said in my post, MOO.

This is in response to 10ofRods, who said, "Source for that? Is it your (unfounded) opinion that the neighbor's cam caught the car? It seems to me that you must either have insider knowledge or MSM is simply not reporting on that.

Where are you reading about K and M being in a car that passed by a neighbor's cam? Needs to be in the media thread for sure."
So if the neighbors camera saw the girls and the couple come home that night, who did the camera catch leaving????

A professional would likely use a gun with silencer. "Hits" usually are not stabbings. JMHO
I respectfully disagree. I know very little about guns - (I'm an Aussie) but logically, in this situation, in order for the killer to succeed, stealth was the key.. Even if a gun is fitted with a silencer, it most certainly doesn't render the gun "silent". Bearing in mind this crime was committed in the dead of night - a very quiet night, shots fired from a gun fitted with a silencer would still be very loud. Cops would be all over the place in minutes. IMO, if the killer was keen to avoid capture, a shooting would be out of the question - far too risky. As things panned out, with the stabbings, many hours had elapsed before anyone was aware of what had happened. Additionally, the terror factor of the manner in which the victims were killed, and the associated not-so-subtle inherent warning to others,IMO was no coincidence but part of the plan.

I'm not sure. While you may well be right, I think it's possible that the killer is in fact in their circle, though possibly in the outer parts of it. Familiarity with the house would have helped a lot with the murders.

Even if the killer wasn't close to the victims, he (or she or they) could have become familiar with the house in a number of ways -- by attending parties there, by having been in there before the current batch of roommates, or by doing some sort of work on the house.

JMO
One of the things that has bugged me about this case has been the crush of people in the media saying that this case is going cold and complaing that if they don't have a suspect now they may not solve the case.

If this case does not have to do with the Holy Trinity of Murder (drugs, money or a intimate relationship) and its a Whodoneit, it seems like months or years is part for the course.

While LE has flubbed with the media, I am not seeing real, provable, concrete signs that they are botching this case. There is no question this case is a red-ball but investigating cases with nontraditional motives or loose connections or no connection between the victim and perps seen to just take time.

Posting article as its not been posted yet.

Ex-FBI agent shares 'femicide' theory on Idaho murders

The murder of four University of Idaho students last month may be a case of femicide, according to a former FBI agent.

Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were found dead in an off-campus rental house on November 13. The women lived at the house with two other female roommates, who survived the attack, while Chapin—Kernodle's boyfriend—was visiting.

Idaho Murders - November 13​

The murder of four University students in Moscow, Idaho, on November 13 has continued to grip the minds of many people online.

Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Kernodle's boyfriend, Ethan Chapin, were all found dead in an off-campus rental house with stab wounds. However, police have been unable to identify a suspect or make any arrests.

Two other roommates slept through the stabbings, which sparked concern from the public, however police were able to successfully rule them out as potential suspects.

Police believe the killer used a fixed-blade knife, but no weapon was retrieved at or near the scene of the crime.

Former FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole has spoken to Newsweek and suggested the killer would have had knowledge of the home in order to commit the attack quickly and escape.

She said: "When you murder four people, you're gonna get in and out pretty quickly, and so in order to do that, and lowering your own risk level, you have to have some knowledge of that place."

Police have also admitted that students going home for the Christmas break will make the investigation more difficult.

The Moscow Police Chief James Fry insisted that the pace of the investigation would not slow down, however.

One of the things that has bugged me about this case has been the crush of people in the media saying that this case is going cold and complaing that if they don't have a suspect now they may not solve the case.

If this case does not have to do with the Holy Trinity of Murder (drugs, money or a intimate relationship) and its a Whodoneit, it seems like months or years is part for the course.

While LE has flubbed with the media, I am not seeing real, provable, concrete signs that they are botching this case. There is no question this case is a red-ball but investigating cases with nontraditional motives or loose connections or no connection between the victim and perps seen to just take time.
IMO Agree killer was familiar with home probably attended parties but not in close circle as those have either been cleared early as that is the process usually followed by LE . Killer more of an aquantance and most likely not a student or would have been hard to hide from other roomates ie bloody clothes etc. LE may have video of suspect but cant identify person which is why the need to id the car.

Posting article as its not been posted yet.

Ex-FBI agent shares 'femicide' theory on Idaho murders

The murder of four University of Idaho students last month may be a case of femicide, according to a former FBI agent.

Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were found dead in an off-campus rental house on November 13. The women lived at the house with two other female roommates, who survived the attack, while Chapin—Kernodle's boyfriend—was visiting.
Was posted yesterday in the previous thread. Helps for ppl still catching up tho.

I agree - I really don't see them "botching' the case, and honestly believe it's just the fact that they're being so careful with what they're releasing/withholding so much of their investigation and the media being upset that they don't 'have much to talk about to draw viewers/keep ratings high. The only thing that I've seen that has really seemed like it could have been detrimental was at the beginning of coverage of the case - the ME's "put it all out there" interview - and even LE was frustrated with that whole situation.

IMO Agree killer was familiar with home probably attended parties but not in close circle as those have either been cleared early as that is the process usually followed by LE . Killer more of an aquantance and most likely not a student or would have been hard to hide from other roomates ie bloody clothes etc. LE may have video of suspect but cant identify person which is why the need to id the car.
This makes solid sense to me. The looser the connection and more nontraditional the motive, the more you have to expand the circle to classmates, friends-of-friends, house visitors, neighbors, former friends, neighbors friends, store clerks, people they just bumped into once on the street, etc.

Last edited:
Was day and time of the attack carefully selected in advance? No classes on Sunday, fewer people around at 3am. An all-night party at the house could have spoiled the plan.
It's hard to know how far in advance anyone could know there wouldn't be a party at that house, it seems like parties just inevitably happened there. o_O

That's why I think observation was a key factor.

JMHO

IMO I would say that this person is proficient with a knife, but I don’t think he has killed before. Petty criminal record, heavy drinker or recreational drug user and maybe mental illness/personality disorder. Probably has disordered thinking due to drug use. One scary guy who needs to be caught sooner than later.
I’m curious as to how you came up with this - i.e. petty criminal record, heavy drinker, recreational drug use - as well as disordered thinking due to drug use. IMO, and I’ve been a psychiatric RN for many years, this is not the work of anyone who has disordered thinking. Personality disorder, yes — Antisocial - no conscience. If this person were high on drugs / alcohol, or had disordered thinking, FBI would have likely already identified him b/c there is no way evidence of his identity would not have been left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme