ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope they have a lot more than they're letting on.

The question of whether the suspect is still in town or gone elsewhere was basically answered with a "don't know", which is discouraging. On the other hand, maybe they're not disclosing in order to keep the perp uninformed.

So I'm guessing the two survivors were sleeping or still in bed downstairs and either they or the victims had plans that afternoon. Remember they all pretty much had the same social circle. So I'm guessing several friends came over and they, along with the surviving roommates, discovered a body or the bodies. I'm sure they were just frantically trying to call 911 and one of the roommate's phones was on hand so she just handed it to one of the friends. It's also possible the phone got passed around during the call as I'm sure it was absolute devastation and chaos and there may have been a lot of screaming and crying.

So the "911 caller" may be multiple people. But that scenario checks out to me.

I appreciated how clear their statements were at this press conference.

They did confirm a few things:

1. The murders occurred on the 2nd and 3rd floor

2. The 911 caller is "not the killer".

3. The time that Xana and Ethan arrived back at the house

The next press conference is scheduled for Wednesday.

Other friends showed up at the residence as stated in the presser. So the call was made on one of the surviving roommates’phone but he would not say if it was a roommate or one of the visitors that made the 911 call. It was NOT the killer who made the 911 call.
I edited my post. The sound cut out and it must have been during that and more. Imo.

So that means the 2 survivors 1) called friends to come over 2) gave those friends enough time to arrive — and in that time, never called 911 themselves?!? Like what?!
Maybe the friends came to do something planned that afternoon, like brunch. And the roomies were in their rooms and bathroom getting ready and came up when friends arrived. My guess.

Would they use a sign like that to announce that they're offering a reward?
I have been thinking of this as well. SOMEONE knows something or at least has suspicions of a roommate, relative, friend etc. that has been acting a little different in some way and possibly has cuts/scratches. They just aren't talking. Would reward money make them come forward?

A bit pointless but a few things in that.

Firstly, I genuinely don’t think they have much of a clue. The chief was quite open about that numerous times. I think they did the press conference to keep communication going but seem no further forward.

Only interesting areas of substance to me:

They still think it’s targeted. That’s quite relevant because by now they also have all of the expert views behind the scenes. Suggests that the FBI, behavioural analysts etc… also have seen enough to believe this was not a random stranger killing. I put more emphasis on that now.

Big key key bit of info was that they were ALL believed to be asleep when killed. Blows apart a few theories on this board that Ethan and Xena were only harmed as they came across the perpetrator/were witnesses.

it also begs the question in that case why were the other two left alone?

So only key info for me out of that is a targeted killing of 4 individuals where all 4 were asleep, offered no threat or risk of exposure of the crime. So what’s the key there. Is there a common factor across the 4 whilst they were all deliberately targeted. I see no other reason why the killer would seek out all 4 unless there was a reason to do so if it wasn’t a case that some were killed only to cover up any evidence.

The question who was sleeping on what floor was asked, he said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture. That sounds interesting. What do you guys think about that?
Hard to know what to make of it.

It's possible they didn't all sleep in their usual rooms that night for whatever reason.
Meaning perp was going for one/two but hit wrong room first, suggesting perp was familiar with sleeping accommodation?
Ended up killing 4 when his intention was to kill only one or two?
That's pure speculation, just where my mind went when I heard it.

I feel like that didn’t really tell us anything.
They did’t. I knew everything he said because I read an article earlier today. But I guess he did clarify that a friend called 911 from roommates phone…I hadn’t thought about someone else being over there. But it sounds like they don’t know much

Right. But my comment is still correct. Whether they were the caller or not, they still took the time to summon other friends and wait for them to arrive before anyone called 911.
The roommates may have still been sleeping when other friends arrived and discovered the murder scene. Perhaps the other friends who showed up had plans with one or more of the deceased that day or came over when they couldn't get in touch with them. They discover the murders, wake up the survivors and then 911 gets called. MOO

I feel like that didn’t really tell us anything.

It had one bit of key info which unless he misspoke was to confirm all 4 were asleep when killed. That’s big IMHO as it removes the - killer bumped into some by chance/had to kill them due to witnesses angle - so I’d be asking now what have the 4 got in common compared to the two who were left alone.

My thought on the "other friends" who were there at the time of the 911 call - it's possible the surviving roommates were still asleep. Maybe these other friends had plans with one or more of the deceased or were trying to contact them for awhile, couldn't reach them, so came over. They may have either knocked on the door/let themselves in and woke up the surviving roommates that way or came downstairs to wake them when they discovered the murder scene. MOO
I got the impression, based on the question asked, that it was a case of were there others present that night that weren't residents? Open to correction

All IMO

My thought on the "other friends" who were there at the time of the 911 call - it's possible the surviving roommates were still asleep. Maybe these other friends had plans with one or more of the deceased or were trying to contact them for awhile, couldn't reach them, so came over. They may have either knocked on the door/let themselves in and woke up the surviving roommates that way or came downstairs to wake them when they discovered the murder scene. MOO
Absolutely this. And if the person was a friend of one of the victims, they would have discovered the murders probably by entering their bedroom after knocking got no reply.

The friend likely knew the door code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member