ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember me saying there would be hidden caverns under the large rocks where a small body could get trapped .

This picture has a perfect example , and there will be more of them in the creek .

Thanks for the pictures.

I was looking at, examining actually, that same spot. I finally just had to stop because I kept thinking I was seeing something under there. :facepalm:

Remember me saying there would be hidden caverns under the large rocks where a small body could get trapped .

This picture has a perfect example , and there will be more of them in the creek .

Thanks for the pictures.

I certainly see what you are saying and there is so much debris. I hope and trust that cadaver dogs walked the creek too even though the dogs kept going to the reservoir.

I realize he is small, but at three feet in length, I do not see how he could be "hidden" in the creek and not found (or a boot found) by now with all the searching that has gone on. Bodies have arms and legs and aren't going to just roll up and get crammed into a tiny pocket. I'm curious whether in July, the creek was flowing at a capacity that would have have made it possible for him to have drifted downstream to the next confluence and even farther into the Lemhi River? Or, were there parts of the stream where the water was so low that a body could not pass through and that is why it would make no sense to look any farther downstream? If he was able to float farther downstream, when and where would he turn up? Would he have been found by now or could he be snagged somewhere along the banks of a larger creek? I think it's more likely for him to be in the reservoir because he could be buried in muck, but the sheriff seems quite confident he's not there. I keep coming back to JM's response when the operator asked her if they were near water. Do we know if the parents got in the water, especially the reservoir, and looked for him before calling 911? Did they think he had drowned at the time? Because to me that would have seemed like the most likely scenario at the time. MOO.

I'm not sure in this case either what a PI could do...if there are no clues pointing in any direction. FV admitted in one of the videos posted here that he does not know what LE has or does not have as evidence; they are not sharing with him. Pi's are hired by as a rule by the parents and although PI's may go into accepting a case, they sometimes also quit. We saw this here for whatever reason & we saw it also in the Lisa Irwin case, Haleigh Cummings, etc. Apparently, it seems the sketch didn't produce anything, nor something semi-specific like the black Rubicon, the child in Calif. was ruled out, so what's left to investigate except maybe the people who were know to be in the vicinity or people who knew they were camping? Will a PI hired by the parents be unbiased???

ETA - I have trust in LE & the FBI, but of course I wouldn't fault the parents for trying any avenue.

This case is horrible. I just cannot believe that we are on thread 14 and we know zilch more than we did on thread 1. I keep taking a break from it then I come back, read a couple of pages (mainly about mountain lions), sigh, and try not to look again for a few days, hoping for the thread to change colour one way or the other.

What I WANT to see is 100's of searchers out looking for this little fella, literally covering every inch of land in a large radius. If a mountain lion took him surely there'd be a trace - I'm fairly sure in my newly acquired knowledge of them that they don't eat wellies...

I don't know what to think any more. It's definitely an odd one. Can anyone give me hope? Nope, probably not :(

I'm not sure in this case either what a PI could do...if there are no clues pointing in any direction. FV admitted in one of the videos posted here that he does not know what LE has or does not have as evidence; they are not sharing with him. Pi's are hired by as a rule by the parents and although PI's may go into accepting a case, they sometimes also quit. We saw this here for whatever reason & we saw it also in the Lisa Irwin case, Haleigh Cummings, etc. Apparently, it seems the sketch didn't produce anything, nor something semi-specific like the black Rubicon, the child in Calif. was ruled out, so what's left to investigate except maybe the people who were know to be in the vicinity or people who knew they were camping? Will a PI hired by the parents be unbiased???

ETA - I have trust in LE & the FBI, but of course I wouldn't fault the parents for trying any avenue.

I think there have got to be clues, but maybe they don't all point in the same direction. Or maybe the clues are inadequate to make any specific accusations. I wish that LE would hold a press conference and give some sort of update on the investigation.

ETA: Whatever clues LE may have, I don't think they are going to share them with any PI... this seems like it would make a PI's job very difficult, especially coming onto the scene 4 months after the fact. Also, the PI isn't going to want to bite the hand that feeds him, so I don't know what that means as far as bias.

Is there a link saying what exactly the pi will be assisting with or is this all based off of assumptions and rumors?

Plus they can't arrange any actual searches of the campsite and surrounding area until Spring... So yeah, maybe the PI will mostly be dealing with the online harassment.

Wow. Maybe you're right, but I hope not. I mean, why on earth would anyone want to contribute to their online fundraiser, if it's all about stopping social media harassment of the parents. To me, it should be about finding Deorr. And only about that.

Is there a link saying what exactly the pi will be assisting with or is this all based off of assumptions and rumors?
I think the assumptions are stemming from the visitor posts on Klein Investigations' FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations ) It seems that folks are providing tips and information to the agency that relate to the alleged online harassment of the family (rather than tips on finding the child).

Based on my educated guess from what the family posted on the PI firm's Facebook page (they begged for help stopping the SM rumours as well as help finding Deorr). I couldn't find any information on the family's fundraiser saying what the PI would be investigating, just that the money would be used to hire a Pi of the family's choice.

Sorry, but the family's way of dealing with this is just weird. What has been going on with this social media harassment, what have I missed? Has it been sooooo bad they need funding to fix it? Strikes me any and ALL funds should be used for searching for Deorr, why would you let online criticism prevent that? It's gonna happen I'm afraid, they let their guard slip and lost their child. I feel for them, I do, but which issue is more important here??

It's bedtime here and I'm tired and confused, if someone could try and explain any of the above that would be marvellous.

Sorry, but the family's way of dealing with this is just weird. What has been going on with this social media harassment, what have I missed? Has it been sooooo bad they need funding to fix it? Strikes me any and ALL funds should be used for searching for Deorr, why would you let online criticism prevent that? It's gonna happen I'm afraid, they let their guard slip and lost their child. I feel for them, I do, but which issue is more important here??

It's bedtime here and I'm tired and confused, if someone could try and explain any of the above that would be marvellous.

Have you ever considered the family reads some of the 14,000 posts written about them here on this forum ?
What would be your response if you were the parents who lost a child?
Everyone pretends "social media" is a couple of posts on facebook or a news site , but we are the elephant in the room.

Have you ever considered the family reads some of the 14,000 posts written about them here on this forum ?
What would be your response if you were the parents who lost a child?
Everyone pretends "social media" is a couple of posts on facebook or a news site , but we are the elephant in the room.

My response would be "wow, look how many people want to help find our son. Let's really utilise this social media thing, get some funds together and get as many family, friends, well wishers, SAR out there asap".

I wouldn't say nothing just because some people were being mean. I have never accused or suspected the family, as a forum we have remained tame due to TOS, but come on, raising money to sort out social media problems is odd given they have bigger fish to fry.

My response would be "wow, look how many people want to help find our son. Let's really utilise this social media thing, get some funds together and get as many family, friends, well wishers, SAR out there asap".

I wouldn't say nothing just because some people were being mean. I have never accused or suspected the family, as a forum we have remained tame due to TOS, but come on, raising money to sort out social media problems is odd given they have bigger fish to fry.
Its not even fact that's what they are doing with the money. Its all just speculation.

Its not even fact that's what they are doing with the money. Its all just speculation.

Speculation coming from where? Websleuths? Who managed to come up with that sort of outrageous speculation?

Speculation coming from where? Websleuths? Who managed to come up with that sort of outrageous speculation?
Can you give me a link of any kind where the family or pi has directly said that they will be investigating nothing but sm reports?
I don't believe that is all they are planning on doing.

Can you give me a link of any kind where the family or pi has directly said that they will be investigating nothing but sm reports?
I don't believe that is all they are planning on doing.

No, my rant was based purely on what I have read on this website. Why is it even being discussed here if it has no basis? Surely we're not fuelling the fire of social media harassment?

Agreed , I was not pointing a finger at you , sorry if it looked that way.

It is like the family can do no right in the eyes of some people and I just dont get it , they are accused of pandering to the cameras , then they are accused for not doing more interviews , they are frustrated because nobody thinks it was an abduction and they hire a Private Investigator to check out those leads , then they are accused of raising funds , which I presume were to help pay for private investigators , or keep food on the table , their lives have been turned upside down.

Then they try to go back to work and continue on with life and then they are accused of not doing more.

They cant win in the eyes of social media . We are social media. We are guilty of throwing just about everything at them . For a while I was half expecting someone to say that DeOrr never even existed in the first place.

Best wishes. Social media is the best tool to find missing people who are still alive and out there somewhere. If they are lost in the forest we are no help. We are just gossip mongers.

This case is horrible. I just cannot believe that we are on thread 14 and we know zilch more than we did on thread 1. I keep taking a break from it then I come back, read a couple of pages (mainly about mountain lions), sigh, and try not to look again for a few days, hoping for the thread to change colour one way or the other.

What I WANT to see is 100's of searchers out looking for this little fella, literally covering every inch of land in a large radius. If a mountain lion took him surely there'd be a trace - I'm fairly sure in my newly acquired knowledge of them that they don't eat wellies...

I don't know what to think any more. It's definitely an odd one. Can anyone give me hope? Nope, probably not :(

FWIW, at least the mountain lion theory has kept this thread going, since nothing else really has, am I wrong? :sigh: Just something to mull over while we all sit around and wait on something from LE or the F. B. I. JMO. We do agree on one point, it is horrible.

It should also be pointed out a lot of the wild rumors and speculation came about because of The Nancy Grace Show . She took incorrect media reports and magnified and sensationalized them. Many of her audience ended up here and the emotional sensationalism took on a life of its own. The show is archived on YouTube . She should be ashamed. So should the people who believed her.

I call it the Nate and Nancy Circus . Some people will do anything for ratings. That is what happened on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966