ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely want to talk to those other campers and get their kids names and who there kids are associated with. That would be my starting point.

Yes, but to ME, point A is possibly the date the decision was made to go camping. Start from there, on to the trip there on Thurday night, the trip back to the store that morning, etc. etc.

Background checks of all the POIs, interview all relatives, friends, acquaintances..??

The family have hired the private Investigator now. Where do you think he will start? What would you do first, if you were the PI? Searching the woods is out until Spring, and PI's don't have any special powers to get access to evidence, unlike LE or the FBI. I wonder what they are going to do.

Phone records.

I don't know about the USA, but in the Khandalyce case in Australia LE just got phone pings from 2008. I don't think a PI would be able to get phone ping records though.

And if a Pi can only do stuff with consent, all a guilty person needs to do is withhold consent...

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/23/texas-firm-takes-deorr-kunz-jr-case/76282918/

4:21 p.m. MST November 23, 2015

"This case is a very sensitive and highly volatile case which has many in the public very upset and vocal," Klein said in a news release."We want the public to know that we are coming into the case 'cold' with no preconceived ideas of notions. We will allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us. As with all cases we ask for the public's help if they have information that can help investigators."

We will allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us. As with all cases we ask for the public's help if they have information that can help investigators."

The public is funding this investigation but it has no control over how it is carried out, by which I mean the public has been asked for donations. There is already one failed private investigation. My heart goes out to this family because their hopes are so high, but this attempt places them under greater scrutiny. I hope they're up to the task and I hope the quote works out to be true.

Interesting.

If the new PI is truly coming into the case with no preconceived notions, that is a good thing, and different than PI Vilt. I would still like to know why Mr. Vilt quit the case.

I don't think LE has any obligation to give the PI information, but they might, I'm not sure what is typical. I would imagine that the new PI would check in with LE, at least as a courtesy. Not sure about that.

I'll reserve judgement at this point as to whether or not this is a good thing, while hoping that this will somehow help progress the case.
JMO

Would be interesting to know which two members of the family the new PI talked to.
ETA: Does anyone know if all the family members including the parents, were on board with hiring this PI?

And if the other family members will talk to him. And do you think IR will speak to him? If some don't talk to him, then he will have to sort out info from what LE has said, media, etc. I guess just like LE has to do. But, if someone has hired you to investigate, and other people have donated their money, what are the expectations?

"After a full review of the case and visiting with two members of the family, we have agreed to take on the case."

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInves...3864945696095/913172148765370/?type=3&theater

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/23/texas-firm-takes-deorr-kunz-jr-case/76282918/

4:21 p.m. MST November 23, 2015

"This case is a very sensitive and highly volatile case which has many in the public very upset and vocal," Klein said in a news release."We want the public to know that we are coming into the case 'cold' with no preconceived ideas of notions. We will allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us. As with all cases we ask for the public's help if they have information that can help investigators."

I never knew if the previous PI charged? He was dismissed or quit & never knew which?

So the newly hired firm has some kind of paid contact, but is going in unbiased? Who fires this guy, as an example if for instance a POIs decides he/they don't like the way the investigation is going? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I wish this firm all the best, and I hate to be negative but I see shades of the Lisa Irwin story and I wish I didn't, but that is MO. I will be watching & hoping for this new team have a positive outcome!

So What can a PI do that law enforcement and the FBI can't?

Hey ,,,Just checking in on Deorr to see if there are any new clues or updates.?

Don't get hopes up too high . Anyone can hire a PI for any reason , all it takes is money. That is the incentive of the PI , to make money for his firm , it is his job .

Typical rates are around $100 per hour so $20,000 only buys 200 hours of detective work which is not much. Plus traveling expenses , and there certainly will be plenty of that because of the distances. Thus the quote that it could be up to $100,000 sounds right.

A PI can have some advantages because he can snoop where police may not , he does not require warrants for everything and can bend a few rules here and there but that is about it.

I agree with what Onebest said .... " So What can a PI do that law enforcement and the FBI can't? "

So What can a PI do that law enforcement and the FBI can't?
From listening to true crime radio I've actually learned a lot(the same radio everyone got to hear sb interview from). A PI can do so much more then LE cause they don't have to follow the law. This could actually be a good thing. Of course no one says it that way but seriously a pi is really good in this type of scenario.

HaHaHa, that got me to laughing and I can't stop, so we're "fanatics" now? .... okie dokey ! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Right....just thinking realistically means fanatics....ha whatever

From listening to true crime radio I've actually learned a lot(the same radio everyone got to hear sb interview from). A PI can do so much more then LE cause they don't have to follow the law. This could actually be a good thing. Of course no one says it that way but seriously a pi is really good in this type of scenario.

Do you mean that PIs break the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member