ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for the Miracle of all Miracles that baby DeOrr is found safe and sound. But honestly, I'm not having a good feeling about all of this.

Kinda off topic, but I was at a gas station here in Vermont yesterday and saw a black jeep Rubicon with Idaho plates. I had a mini freak out, "should I call it in, who do I call..? " Then out came two students from the local college and then I noticed the student car registration sticker for the college on the window lol. I am so glad it took me a minute to find the number to report a tip, otherwise I would have felt like a gigantic a$$!

Wow..interesting.

See, IMO that's the kind of tip the PI will be investigating, if they don't find anything better to go on. It's easy to see how such an investigation could cost tens of thousands of dollars yet get nowhere.

See, IMO that's the kind of tip the PI will be investigating, if they don't find anything better to go on. It's easy to see how such an investigation could cost tens of thousands of dollars yet get nowhere.
Lol you just made the point that I forgot to add at the bottom of my little story! That is exactly what I was getting at!

The thing I wonder about if is LE wants to work with a PI who has been hired by one or more of the POI's (or close family members) at this exact point in the ongoing investigation. I hope it is not interfering. I donated. But I worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder about that too, and hope it's not interfering. Obviously the first PI had an agenda and I could see why LE wasn't too keen on sharing info with him. "Allow the evidence to take us where the evidence takes us" - depending on which direction(s) that is, I could see some scenarios where LE might share with the new detective agency and others where LE definitely would not. It's still unclear to me who signed the contract with Klein - if it wasn't one of the POIs (even though it must be a family member), that might make a teensy bit of difference... maybe? I don't know... MOO.

Someone needs to tell them to get TM and TE up there during the spring and have them search.

jmo

I know Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch is highly regarded, but in my personal opinion, he's overrated. I also know he himself has a sad story but I just don't like the way he comes across.

Where is the money coming from to pay this PI? This family is struggling as it is.

I too think the PI firm is probably going to be chasing rainbows til the money runs out!

Where is the money coming from to pay this PI? This family is struggling as it is.

I too think the PI firm is probably going to be chasing rainbows til the money runs out!

It's from donations from individuals in the public. Lots of people are having fundraisers. I donated, but that was before I realized (IMO) that a PI could potentially hinder an ongoing investigation. I was just trying to help. I think everyone's hearts are in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know more specifics about the initial search, did they have single purpose dogs or dual purpose dogs, by that I mean did they have a dog that only tracks, like a bloodhound, or did they have one of the many other breeds of dogs that can do scent but are also always on guard, I think that a dog that only follows scent would have been the dog needed to find a child lost in the woods, I'm not knocking shepherds or any of the other breeds it's just that they were not bred for the sole purpose of tracking.

Was the search a complete 360 degrees around the campsite, meaning that they searched in every direction for the 2.5 miles outwards from the center of the campsite? I really doubt that they did, I feel that they did search some areas very well like the creek, however I think that they needed to do a blanket search every inch from a centre point out

I have felt for along time that they missed him during the search, driving down a country road that had bit of a ditch I realized how you really couldn't see all of the ground, and it really made me think that DeOrr Sr. could have drove past little DeOrr and not even seen him, the little guy was dressed in colours that would blend in with the area.

I have to wonder if they underestimated just how far a little guy could go,some little people are always on the go

It breaks my heart that winter is coming and little DeOrr is still missing

It seems so strange that the Sheriff has told search organisations not to bother searching there again. Does that mean he has evidence of foul play? How else could he be so certain that there is nothing to find up there? I just don't get it.

It seems so strange that the Sheriff has told search organisations not to bother searching there again. Does that mean he has evidence of foul play? How else could he be so certain that there is nothing to find up there? I just don't get it.

Where did he say that????

I'd like to know more specifics about the initial search, did they have single purpose dogs or dual purpose dogs, by that I mean did they have a dog that only tracks, like a bloodhound, or did they have one of the many other breeds of dogs that can do scent but are also always on guard, I think that a dog that only follows scent would have been the dog needed to find a child lost in the woods, I'm not knocking shepherds or any of the other breeds it's just that they were not bred for the sole purpose of tracking.

Was the search a complete 360 degrees around the campsite, meaning that they searched in every direction for the 2.5 miles outwards from the center of the campsite? I really doubt that they did, I feel that they did search some areas very well like the creek, however I think that they needed to do a blanket search every inch from a centre point out

I have felt for along time that they missed him during the search, driving down a country road that had bit of a ditch I realized how you really couldn't see all of the ground, and it really made me think that DeOrr Sr. could have drove past little DeOrr and not even seen him, the little guy was dressed in colours that would blend in with the area.

I have to wonder if they underestimated just how far a little guy could go,some little people are always on the go

It breaks my heart that winter is coming and little DeOrr is still missing

BBM

I agree that they probably missed him. He was probably still going when they missed him and started searching around the campsite before the 9-11 calls. I think it's quite possible that he headed down the road looking for his parents and his Dad drove right by him. A healthy adult can walk 3-4 miles in an hour, so a little kid on a mission could probably travel at least a mile or more. If he had fallen into some thick bushes along the road, he wouldn't be seen. Heartbreaking. :(

Where did he say that????

13:17
SB: You know, I’m still getting calls from volunteers from all over the United States offering to come in with their dogs. I’m not sure at this point we’ve uh…We’ve covered every inch literally 20-30 times. You know, I’m not sure how productive that would be, so I’ve asked them to use their resources for something that is maybe a little bit more um…fresh as far as someone going missing. You know keep their resources close for their own uh…for their own cases and uh and I feel like we’ve done an adequate and a complete search.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot/page2

This never made much sense to me either although I believe they tried their best during the initial search. In such a vast area things are often missed and found later by someone at the right place, right time. Searches are often organized many many times and much later then this (Kyron Horman for example)....even the Rez could give up a clue as times goes by, the search areas beyond where the efforts have been concentrated maybe. It's winter now though, access is most likely a challenge and much more dangerous. No comfort in that. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman