ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, which leads us to how do we know no one saw him in the store? Perhaps someone did, not necessarily the cashier or employee at the store, but possibly someone passing through that has no clue as to what is going on, or that he's even missing. Why would they give it any consideration or a second thought? Many people don't pay attention to or even watch the news, and Deorr's story isn't exactly nationwide news. I know that if I didn't follow cases like this on Websleuths I wouldn't know a thing about it. It's so sad that so little information is being put out here for this missing baby. I just don't get it. :(

This is what I think. Bikers other campers not from the area probably don't even realize they were in the same store as a missing boy. Why els would it be busy at that time of the year.

Can I just point out that the sheriff never even said that the clerk didn't remember seeing DeOrr. He said he wasn't sure. From the radio interview with Tricia: "Now I’m not sure…I don’t recall her saying specifically that she remembered the child."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKfBxNu6s8&sns=fb

Not much new info or anything but Deorr is in here.

Not directed at you, but at the video:

What crap. They showed video of the wrong campground, not Timbercreek. Deorr did not go missing in a National Park. They mispronounced Deorr and other words. What opportunistic, self-serving crap. How disrespectful to little Deorr.

ETA: Regarding the film makers, not the family!

Right, which leads us to how do we know no one saw him in the store? Perhaps someone did, not necessarily the cashier or employee at the store, but possibly someone passing through that has no clue as to what is going on, or that he's even missing. Why would they give it any consideration or a second thought? Many people don't pay attention to or even watch the news, and Deorr's story isn't exactly nationwide news. I know that if I didn't follow cases like this on Websleuths I wouldn't know a thing about it. It's so sad that so little information is being put out here for this missing baby. I just don't get it. :(

Bingo neesaki! I think you hit the nail on the head. We have so few facts I think we fill in the blanks to try to make sense of it. But you are right, we don't know if anyone saw him or not.

I am not on my usual computer so don't have my bookmarks, but I thought most recently we had heard that the parents and the friend headed off together to explore for fishing spots, they turned to DeOrr and asked if he wanted to come with or stay with Grandpa and DeOrr said stay with Grandpa, they all three then headed off together? I am sorry if I have this wrong all, I will check tomorrow if no one gets to this before then. Just don't want anyone to take that for fact since my memory is FAR from perfect.

Not directed at you, but at the video:

What crap. They showed video of the wrong campground, not Timbercreek. Deorr did not go missing in a National Park. They mispronounced Deorr and other words. What opportunistic, self-serving crap. How disrespectful to little Deorr.
I noticed that also. I'll be the first to admit it wasn't much but it was still nice to know that people will at leat know his name and face for many years to come.
Self serving.....ehhh your right. But kinda like some of these msm reports in a way.

What has IR said? I saw one video and he said he didn't want to comment. I think he asked the reporter "what did grandpa say", and made some people suspicious. Other than that, I haven't heard of him talking to anyone else, and I don't recall the sheriff giving any hint at all as to what he told LE. I admit I haven't read all the threads though. I wonder if he was there when the parents have been interviewed, and why he never was.

What has IR said? I saw one video and he said he didn't want to comment. I think he asked the reporter "what did grandpa say", and made some people suspicious. Other than that, I haven't heard of him talking to anyone else, and I don't recall the sheriff giving any hint at all as to what he told LE. I admit I haven't read all the threads though. I wonder if he was there when the parents have been interviewed, and why he never was.

He was interviewed,he was polygraphed, the sheriff said he thought he was being truthful, and he had been back up to the campsite with the sheriff. According to the PI, IR hired a lawyer.

This is what I think. Bikers other campers not from the area probably don't even realize they were in the same store as a missing boy. Why els would it be busy at that time of the year.

I know many believe that SOMEONE would have/should have seen DeOrr in the store. While I agree, obviously, people "see" each other, generally, unless there is some sort of interaction or other memorable experience, the chances of recalling having simply "seen" someone are slim, IMO. I think something like that would have had to take place for someone to RECALL having seen him. The clerk doesn't know if she saw him but she recalls chatting with the parents. She interacted with the parents which jogs her memory, IMO. DeOrr, at age two, is small and isn't going to stand out like a sore thumb. He might have been looking at toys, candy, souvenirs, etc. He might even have been kneeling down to look at interesting things. But unless he did or said something memorable, I just don't see a passerby remembering if they "saw" him. Given those circumstances, even the fact that he went missing wouldn't cause their memory to recall something it didn't know in the first place. IMO. There's a BIG difference, IMO, between "seeing" someone and remembering seeing someone.

I know many believe that SOMEONE would have/should have seen DeOrr in the store. While I agree, obviously, people "see" each other, generally, unless there is some sort of interaction or other memorable experience, the chances of recalling having simply "seen" someone are slim, IMO. I think something like that would have had to take place for someone to RECALL having seen him. The clerk doesn't know if she saw him but she recalls chatting with the parents. She interacted with the parents which jogs her memory, IMO. DeOrr, at age two, is small and isn't going to stand out like a sore thumb. He might have been looking at toys, candy, souvenirs, etc. He might even have been kneeling down to look at interesting things. But unless he did or said something memorable, I just don't see a passerby remembering if they "saw" him. Given those circumstances, even the fact that he went missing wouldn't cause their memory to recall something it didn't know in the first place. IMO. There's a BIG difference, IMO, between "seeing" someone and remembering seeing someone.
And let's not forget that the parents had to actually go to the store for her to even remember them. The sherrif said that.

I can't even count the times I've paid for gas while my son stands next to me where the cashier can't even see him. I surly wouldn't expect her to rember him days later.

Has anyone but me ever been a cashier? I've had regulars who hated me because I'd card them when I seen them the day before....and days before that but still couldn't remember them...

I haven't had much to say about the clerk remembering Little DeOrr....because I have real reasons to get passionate on this subject. So I've just let every one assume everyone must have the same memory but the fact of life is nobody is one in the same and some people just can't remember faces among other things till its in their face.

And the other customer....in a place like that...who is to say they were not from out of town and have no clue they were even at the same place that missing little boy was hours before he went missing.

Not everyone can rember....as far as I know the clerk has a bad memory....even if she didn't I still don't expect her to remember every customer that came in that week with a child. How can anyone expect everyone to remember every customer...

And let's not forget that the parents had to actually go to the store for her to even remember them. The sherrif said that.

I can't even count the times I've paid for gas while my son stands next to me where the cashier can't even see him. I surly wouldn't expect her to rember him days later.

Has anyone but me ever been a cashier? I've had regulars who hated me because I'd card them when I seen them the day before....and days before that but still couldn't remember them...

I haven't had much to say about the clerk remembering Little DeOrr....because I have real reasons to get passionate on this subject. So I've just let every one assume everyone must have the same memory but the fact of life is nobody is one in the same and some people just can't remember faces among other things till its in their face.

And the other customer....in a place like that...who is to say they were not from out of town and have no clue they were even at the same place that missing little boy was hours before he went missing.

Not everyone can rember....as far as I know the clerk has a bad memory....even if she didn't I still don't expect her to remember every customer that came in that week with a child. How can anyone expect everyone to remember every customer...

This is a really good point although with the store being rural then I would think she may remember folks more than lets say in a city atomosphere. But it is a good point. I worked as a cashier once in a retail store and your points are well taken that the people all become one big blur by the end of the day.

For the rural store it would depend on the number of folks that visited that store and also depend on how observant a person she was.

Since it was mentioned that she recalled when they came back in the store then I do think she remembered them being there. As far as what day and time though I would have to say it is questionable. The thing that struck me was I think I recall she said just the man and the boy and he was dirty.

So if we assume she did see just the man and boy then it comes down to when and what day. I kind of think it may have been the night before on Thursday night. Because she said 6 PMish. So lets assume for a minute that during camp setup they needed something. So father and boy run back to the store for something. But then why would the boy be dirty by then since they just got there.

If it was next day then I don't think 6 PMish is correct because by then searchers were looking and I doubt the father would go back to the store with him if searching was going on.

<modsnip>

If someone that was present does have extra information we would hope over time they would finally come clean and so far that doesn't seem to be happening. Its going to take LE or a good PI to be able to solve this case at this point. Or maybe a hunter stumbling on some remains.

I have hope it will be solved someday. I do think this case is solveable. I have a feeling the boy is not in the immediate area but within 10 miles radious.

The kitchen in the stage stop looks like everything has to be cooked so maybe they were waiting for the fries.

jmo

what happened to the filthy bawling baby?

I was trying to figure out where that had come from, and the only theory I could come up with is that the parents took DeOrr to the store that day, as the receipt proves. The clerk got confused and when she recounted seeing them later she said it was at around 6pm. Jessica wanted to clear that up in the interview, and she referred to DeOrr as being filthy and bawling because he *was* filthy and bawling at the store, and she assumed that the clerk would have noticed that (but actually the clerk didn't even remember seeing little DeOrr).
But how were Jess and Vernal so sure that the 6pm sighting wasn't actually of DeOrr and his abductor? Because after DeOrr disappeared, they went back to the store and the clerk said "Oh yes, now I remember you! You came in at around 6pm!" And Jess and Vernal corrected her and brought it up during the interview.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the clerk did actually remember seeing a filthy, bawling DeOrr (and wrongly thought it was at 6pm), and the sheriff honestly couldn't remember being told about it when he was asked during Tricia's interview. After all, he did say something like "Now I'm not sure, I don't recall that she said she saw the child". It must be weeks since he spoke to the clerk, and if what she said raised no red flags he probably won't recall every single thing she said.

I suspect she refers not only to SM, but to people in their very own community. It's easy to ignore garbage on the internet; not so easy when it's your next door neighbor, or some woman around the corner, spreading vicious rumors about your family. JMO

<modsnip>

He did one or two interviews yesterday, and today he would rather focus on the search so he let Jess speak alone instead. Sounds normal and reasonable to me.

oh, i didn't realize he already had done two interviews already.

I wonder since this stage stop is in the middle of nowhere.... just exactly how many children come in?

What does the store have to do with anything ??

DeOrr went missing at a campground , not a store.

Unless or until bones are found, an abducted baby is recovered, or the police make an arrest, this case is over, imo. It, sadly, will go down in the annals of the 411 missing lore, oft repeated and cited as part of the mystique of the national parks.

The only thing we know for sure is that Deorr is no longer with his family.

I like to believe that in time all things are revealed and that "in time" a resolution may be forthcoming. For now, i am not holding out hope.

The timelines, scents, wild animals and french fries have all been dissected. As much ground as is humanly possible has been searched and LE and the FBI have "evidence" whatever that is.

Pray for a miracle.

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members