ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica is very well spoken. Good for her. It seems from what Jessica said that they have accepted that a wild animal may be involved in DeOrr's disappearance. Interesting. DK said they need to go back to square one and that although he respects the searchers, something was missed. (not verbatim - paraphrasing)

Jessica is very well spoken. Good for her. It seems from what Jessica said that they have accepted that a wild animal may be involved in DeOrr's disappearance. Interesting. DK said they need to go back to square one and that although he respects the searchers, something was missed. (not verbatim - paraphrasing)

Do you have the link? Thanks.

Do you have the link? Thanks.

DK is in yesterday's clip about the search and Jessica's was posted today from a clip on yesterday's search. The links are all over the last couple of pages. If you can't find them, I'll see if I can. They're the interviews being discussed.

Pretty please, could someone find the article that says LE went back to check the POI's vehicles and camper a second time. Something about compartments that might have been missed. Thanks!

Pretty please, could someone find the article that says LE went back to check the POI's vehicles and camper a second time. Something about compartments that might have been missed. Thanks!

It's from this video:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

Which someone has very helpfully transcribed on the media thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot

7:28
Nate Eaton:
“The family says their vehicles and cars were searched, which it sounds like in any case that would be standard operating procedure.”

7:39
Sheriff Bowerman:
“You know, even though we searched them that night you know you always second guess, Did we miss something? Could he have been in another compartment ? Did we not search everything? So yeah, everything has been searched at least a couple times, if not more.”

7:28
Nate Eaton:
“The family says their vehicles and cars were searched, which it sounds like in any case that would be standard operating procedure.”

7:39
Sheriff Bowerman:
“You know, even though we searched them that night you know you always second guess, Did we miss something? Could he have been in another compartment ? Did we not search everything? So yeah, everything has been searched at least a couple times, if not more.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12007596#post12007596

ClaireNC, do you have any insight into my questions? I've included a map with the marked roads.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76098

Notes from Drone View of Timber Creek Campground
Some Questions I’m trying to answer:
Which road was the one referred to as the one where you can look down on the campground? Is it road 172B, that goes to the lower reservoir? Or 172, that goes to the upper reservoir?
Obviously you can’t drive from the south end (where the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] campsite is) of the campground to the reservoir Can you walk to the reservoir from there?
Where did Deorr senior drive to try to get cell service?
On the theory that little Deorr ended up in the reservoir, how would he have gotten there?

:10 This road goes to the lower reservoir campground. It is
172B on the maps.
:23 The road into the campground, 172A on the maps. This road ends in the campground. You can see trails going from this road to the right of the screen, I believe you can join to road 172 from the trails. Notice that the creek bank snakes in and out.
:34 You can see the outhouse in the foreground. It is hard to see, but on the right you can see road 172 snaking through the trees. It is much clearer on maps. This road goes up to the upper reservoir campground, and beyond. It continues on up through the trees for a few more miles past the reservoir.
:38 Beyond this stand of trees, a rocky (shale?) hill rises steeply. You can see the road a little more clearly.
1:04 View from the opposite direction, looking south west toward the campground. The drop off to the creek looks very steep here, but there is no camp site here.
1:22 Again, you can see the road in the top right, 17B, going to the lower reservoir. I agree that the steepness of the site going to the bank may be distorted; who would want to set up camp on slanted ground?
1:26 You can see the camp fire ring in the lower left of the screen. The creek is closer than I visualized before I saw this video, but it does look to be about 50 ft. away from the campsite. The drop off on all parts of the bank along this creek, IMO, looks too steep for a child to easily navigate.
1:33 Here is the other camp site, remember there are two at this campground. This camp site is right by the trees.
1:46 Here is road 17B again. It does look like the elevation is higher where this road is.

[video=youtube;7Gm_SPAmsRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm_SPAmsRE[/video]

SB: Well, initially um the store salesperson didn’t remember uh the encounter. When the father uh… I call him Vernal instead of Deorr, it’s Vernal Deorr Kunz…when Vernal and his wife came back to the store several days later then the salesperson said, “Oh, yeah, I remember you!”

02:45
SB: Now I’m not sure…I don’t recall her saying specifically that she remembered the child. She remembered them talking about their child, and they bought some candy and some other items, and we have a dated and time-stamped receipt, so we know they were in the store. And someone while they were fueling up said they thought they saw a child in the back seat, but that hasn’t been ever positively stated that there was a child there, but ya’ know at this point, I’m believing the family!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot/page2

What does the store have to do with anything ??

DeOrr went missing at a campground , not a store.

Other than the POIs, the store clerk could've been the last adult to have seen DeOrr before he vanished. Other than that store clerk in Leadore, who else was the last adult to have seen him? Where, with whom, and when?

I think it's important. Someone other than the POIs could have seen him... before or after he vanished from the campground.

I would think that LE has gotten to the bottom of the Convenience store trip and whether or not the sighting of the dirty boy was Deorr or not. That is an easy one to check out. Obviously it was nothing as it has not been mentioned again.
I'm still thinking he never got out of that camping area as opposed to kidnap and that the scent animals just did not find him, like so many other children and people that get looked over etc. I have not ruled out a mountain lion attack but we still have NOTHING...UGH!

I was open to the Mt Lion theory. But after seeing the drone photos and how wide open the area is---I don't know. If the 4 adults were all within close distance, and the baby stepped away and vanished, why didnt anyone see a large mountain lion? It was a very wide open expansive area.

Everytime I visit this thread I keep thinking about "Dingoes ate my baby" Lady. Guess it's just me

And tragically, the dingo DID eat her baby, but she was painted a baby murderer for a long, long time.

I was open to the Mt Lion theory. But after seeing the drone photos and how wide open the area is---I don't know. If the 4 adults were all within close distance, and the baby stepped away and vanished, why didnt anyone see a large mountain lion? It was a very wide open expansive area.

That's one reason why mountain lions are seldom seen. They generally don't traverse open spaces. They keep in the underbrush around trees and embankments and sometimes IN trees why stalking their prey. They are stealth hunters who remain elusive while hunting. After stalking their prey, sometimes for more than an hour, they wait for the opportune time and then grab their prey, usually from behind or from the side.

Hopefully, we hear something from LE this week what they decided last week about what the next step is. I assume the behavior analysis is back, to be able to access the next steps lol.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10...orr-kunz-case/

“The FBI informed us that they could not analyze some evidence that we gave them,” Bowerman wrote in an email to EastIdahoNews.com Friday. “I’m not sure what that’s about, and they still haven’t provided me any behavioral analysis.”

Next week, Bowerman says, he will be traveling to Idaho Falls to meet with Bonneville County detectives to determine the next steps to take in the case.

Katydid23: IDK about the openness in that area, I think there are plenty of shrubbery like plants/sage that gets pretty large etc so there is some ground cover...Now I know this particular area in SD is Not Close to where the campground is..but this shows you how stealthy a mountain lion is. And if I could bring over the picture I would. Anyone that knows how to please feel free

http://travel.nationalgeographic.co...azine/photo-contest/2012/entries/150465/view/
From this link.

"I took this photo after we were leaving the restaurant on a drive from Denver to Mt. Rushmore"
"Notice the mountain lion on the top of the restaurant? I didn't notice it until I looked at the photos."

Everytime I visit this thread I keep thinking about "Dingoes ate my baby" Lady. Guess it's just me

I've been thinking the exact same thing! And that poor woman spent years in prison because no one believed that a dingo would take a baby.

Hopefully, we hear something from LE this week what they decided last week about what the next step is. I assume the behavior analysis is back, to be able to access the next steps lol.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10...orr-kunz-case/

“The FBI informed us that they could not analyze some evidence that we gave them,” Bowerman wrote in an email to EastIdahoNews.com Friday. “I’m not sure what that’s about, and they still haven’t provided me any behavioral analysis.”

Next week, Bowerman says, he will be traveling to Idaho Falls to meet with Bonneville County detectives to determine the next steps to take in the case.

Sounds like he hasn't gotten anything useful as of yet from the FBI. Crossing fingers hoping for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia