ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should have chosen better words - perhaps, "because we know nothing about Deorr's disappearance" or "because we had nothing to do with our son's disappearance". The word innocent does carry legal connotations and that was not what I meant. It was a poor choice of words.

Thanks desert-blue, I totally understand your point.

I know what you mean, but "innocent" isn't a legal term.

Maybe not, but I think a lot of people associate the word with the legal system and (erroneously) equate "innocent" to "not guilty." Again, it was a poor word choice.

Sometimes the parents are suspected even if the child mysteriously disappeared under someone's ELSES' care = Rainns !

The volunteer searcher who found baby Rainn alive got a real bashing on SM too. People accusing him of kidnapping her then putting her in the field and pretending to find her.

The volunteer searcher who found baby Rainn alive got a real bashing on SM too. People accusing him of kidnapping her then putting her in the field and pretending to find her.

I think I even read that some people were picking apart the grandma for not child-proofing her doors or something. I guess it's one thing to have questions around these cases and another thing to make accusations. (I don't know how any layperson could think they personally know enough to accuse or exonerate anyone when LE can't even claim to do that! Especially when it comes to making blatant public accusations.

I agree it would be better to just ignore the SM comments. But I admit if it was me and I read what was said I would have a problem ignoring it. The comments were not just rumors, they were evil and horrendous accusations and lies against the parents. In every way that we try to stay with the facts here, they reiterated every possible accusation as if it were a known truth. It was horrible. I can't blame them at all for wanting that page to be taken down.

I think they do in every case where a kid mysteriously disappears whilst under their parents' care, to be honest. People always suspect the parents.

Yes I think you are right. Folks become frustrated and then the parents become the target because we expect them to have the answers.

It's so unfair but it happens.

I think there are those that are able to navigate the system a bit more wisely and perhaps change the tide of that negativity by hiring an attorney and even having a family spokesperson answer questions.

I kind of think a lot of questions that people keep asking over and over again could be cleared up with a good press conference.

I don't think the parents are up to that since they were crucified on the very first one they held.

They need a good PR person who could turn the tide.

I have been up and down all long on what happened to DeOrr. Right now I think he will be found somewhere in those mountains and we will never know if he wandered off or was taken and left there by somebody else.

I also have my eye on him being discovered in one of those bodies of water being the creek or reservoir. Both of them able to gobble a small boy up in a minute.

Also I think once cremains were found in the reservoir they stopped searching. That was it. I think that was wrong. Kids are drawn to water and he might just be there all this time.

I agree it would be better to just ignore the SM comments. But I admit if it was me and I read what was said I would have a problem ignoring it. The comments were not just rumors, they were evil and horrendous accusations and lies against the parents. In every way that we try to stay with the facts here, they reiterated every possible accusation as if it were a known truth. It was horrible. I can't blame them at all for wanting that page to be taken down.

Sorry but I seem to have missed a beat somewhere. What page are you talking about that has a S&D order.

You are absolutely right! I don't "DO" SM, but a friend sent me a few screen shots of just a few of those type posts. I truly think anyone who can say such things just because they think they can, tells me there is something so wrong inside their mind (and soul) that it's just the only way they can think anymore. I pity them. Sadly, I doubt they see that in themselves (usually they see quite the opposite) and will never seek the professional help they need.

I don't believe the S&D letter is a wise move. If, like they say, things said don't matter, and no one is holding a gun to their heads making them read, why bother? The fact that they are going this far raises questions in my mind where none were before.

:cow:

From what has been said here, it crossed the line to libel. If the harassment was as bad as posters here have said it was, I think a C&D may well have been appropriate.

The best thing they can do is to ignore what people are saying

I don't believe the S&D letter is a wise move. If, like they say, things said don't matter, and no one is holding a gun to their heads making them read, why bother? The fact that they are going this far raises questions in my mind where none were before.

:cow:

I have to say I agree... The comments were ridiculous and blatantly false so no sensible person would believe them anyway, so why waste your time fighting them...

I think IR was a prime target for some bashing, given his record and that bizarre interview he did. And people did start bashing him on SM - but he just completely ignored it all so people soon got bored of that, whereas the family fought back and that gave the trolls the reaction and attention they were looking for. And so it all escalated. Moo.

Eta - I'm not blaming the family for the harassment at all BTW, it's completely out of order and they obviously think that sticking up for themselves is the best course of action.

From what has been said here, it crossed the line to libel. If the harassment was as bad as posters here have said it was, I think a C&D may well have been appropriate.

I too agree that it was an appropriate move on the part of Deorr's parents. I stumbled across that FB page last week hoping to find updates, but was horrified by the stalking, harassment, and accusations on it. I reported the page to FB for harassment. It was horrible. There were screenshots posted taken from private profiles of family members, and posts saying things like, "We'll get a confession out of you! Rot in hell!" And a screenshot of JM and DK with "GUILTY" written across it. It was full-blown stalking, harassment, and bullying. I hate even mentioning it here, but thought it was important to illustrate how serious the matter was to those that are doubting the decision to send a C&D. I would have done the same.

From what I also understand, some people who were defending the family were also being attacked on Facebook to the point where these crazy people were taking screenshots of their pages and posted them with scary comments and threats.

I have to say I agree... The comments were ridiculous and blatantly false so no sensible person would believe them anyway, so why waste your time fighting them...

I think IR was a prime target for some bashing, given his record and that bizarre interview he did. And people did start bashing him on SM - but he just completely ignored it all so people soon got bored of that, whereas the family fought back and that gave the trolls the reaction and attention they were looking for. And so it all escalated. Moo.

Eta - I'm not blaming the family for the harassment at all BTW, it's completely out of order and they obviously think that sticking up for themselves is the best course of action.

The bolded parts are my thoughts also. Sticks, stones, and all that. I don't believe I would bother with social media if I were in their shoes, but it does seem to be something their family uses, and it was mentioned from the get go by SB. I think SM, not WS/message boards, does a lot of harm to a lot of people.

WOW, that's horrible if people are making threats and harassing...that's not what our system whether it's justice or free speech is to based on. I know Heather Elvis's family had to deal with threats & vandalism as well as the couple up on her murder charges. That case was a real mess as well due to SM. I don't know what the answer is, but if the C & D works for them great, time will tell. It's a shame 'anyone' has to deal with these kind of issues in the new wild west.

WOW, that's horrible if people are making threats and harassing...that's not what our system whether it's justice or free speech is to based on. I know Heather Elvis's family had to deal with threats & vandalism as well as the couple up on her murder charges. That case was a real mess as well due to SM. I don't know what the answer is, but if the C & D works for them great, time will tell. It's a shame 'anyone' has to deal with these kind of issues in the new wild west.

Heather Elvis's case it a bit different because it was actually the (alleged) murderers and their family harassing the murder victim's family, in person as well as by text messages etc. That makes it a lot more difficult to just ignore than just some random Internet trolls IMO.

Eta My apologies, I just looked up the Heather Elvis case and you're right, the family have been in the news this year saying that they have been targeted by out-of-state trolls who don't know the family but have been trying to stir up trouble for them.

Heather Elvis's case it a bit different because it was actually the (alleged) murderers and their family harassing the murder victim's family, in person as well as by text messages etc. That makes it a lot more difficult to just ignore than just some random Internet trolls IMO.

The (alleged) murders did make some of their own claims whether true or not IDK. I have seen internet trolls on many FB groups & pages on both sides of 'missing cases', there are crazy people that get caught up in these cases, so I basically stay away. I have always appreciated at W/S when we can discuss the facts of the case vs. so & so looks guilty or innocent.

Why will they address SM rumors and take the time to bring all that crap up, but they won't just say that they aren't involved? It would do a lot for me to hear them say that they aren't involved and know nothing about their son's disappearance. Until then, you're right, it leaves a cloud of suspicion in my mind (and I'm guessing a lot of other people's minds as well). They say "they want people to keep their negative comments to themselves because it doesn't matter what they think" but they don't give a reason why (such as because "we are innocent"). I just don't understand that - I want to believe they are innocent, BTW.

I think the parents have bigger issues to deal with than convincing some random stranger on the internet that they didn't murder their missing child. Probably they're more concerned about finding Deorr...

I am kind of suspecting that even if they didn't read SM all their friends and relatives would be calling and texting them with did you see...did you read...she said, he said.

What a predicament.

I think I even read that some people were picking apart the grandma for not child-proofing her doors or something. I guess it's one thing to have questions around these cases and another thing to make accusations. (I don't know how any layperson could think they personally know enough to accuse or exonerate anyone when LE can't even claim to do that! Especially when it comes to making blatant public accusations.

OT: Yes! I saw that too - people casting suspicion on Rainn's grandmother. Disgusting and hateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia