ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mighty confused about all these vehicles as your terminology is different so I've had a google and tried to English-ise them. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Rubicon = 4x4 like a Landrover/Range Rover (mainly owned by country folk or city slickers clogging up pavements on the school run!)
Truck = pick up truck with a cab and flat open back (mainly used by farmers / labourers, not a family vehicle as only has front seats)
Camper = like a campervan / small winnebago (used for touring holidays)
Suburban = looks like a mix between a 4x4 and an estate car. (don't know what to call this in the UK )

So which of the vehicles were driven by whom to the campsite? DK in the truck? Was IR driving? Was Grandpa driving? (surely not) Someone mentioned Grandpas camper and Suburban which has really confused me. Help!

BBM

Some trucks have extended cabs and rear seats.

A "camper" is actually an enclosed shell that fits in the bed of a pickup truck. It can be low or high, empty or with bed and kitchen.

A small Winnebago would be called an RV= recreational vehicle. I don't think one of these was at the campsite.

A "Camper" is not just the kind that fits on the back of a pickup truck. It is also a self-contained travel-trailer that is pulled behind a car or truck. In this case, GGP had a travel-trailer type camper that he pulled with his Suburban. Here is a link showing this type of camper. http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/Travel-Trailers/4/

DK had his pickup truck, which I believe has a small back seat.

IR rode with GGP and did not have a vehicle.

We've never seen the Suburban/camper but below is what I thought the setup was:

View attachment 87727

Regards whom was driving what I would guess: DK/JM/DK Jr in the Pick-up truck and GGP/IR in the Suburban. Does IR even drive? I believe GGP does/did.

This is correct and it is my understanding that IR does not drive. However, I don't know where I got that info from, so consider it a rumor.

A "Camper" is not just the kind that fits on the back of a pickup truck. It is also a self-contained travel-trailer that is pulled behind a car or truck. In this case, GGP had a travel-trailer type camper that he pulled with his Suburban. Here is a link showing this type of camper. http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/Travel-Trailers/4/

DK had his pickup truck, which I believe has a small back seat.

IR rode with GGP and did not have a vehicle.

Thanks, Claire. I'm with it now! Important to be able to picture the scene!

For all you Brits out there - Deorr/Jess/Deorr were in a black pick up truck probably with extra seats. Grandpa was driving an extended 4x4 Chevrolet Suburban and towing a caravan, with IR as passenger. Phew.

I guess Bessie was mistaken on this point. However, it is true JM didn't originally say she saw it but attributed it to the clerk at the store. Now...did the clerk at the store really say it? The Sheriff didn't mention anything about it and said the clerk saw a child with that description either. What he did say about the store was the clerk was probably too busy, IIRC. This indicates to me the story didn't come from the clerk in the first place.

This could also account for the classification of the story being a "farce" as Klein put it: There was no black truck...Rubicon or otherwise. (Except for DeOrr Sr's black truck)
So, then Bessie wasn't mistaken. I will concede that -- at least according to Vilt -- DK mentioned black Rubicon. But you've got the stories mixed up.

First story, July
The store clerk allegedly reported that she saw a man in the store with a dirty, crying little boy around 6 pm. She said the man drove a black truck. In the first interview, DK pointed out that he has a black truck, but she could not be referring to him because at the time of the alleged sighting, he was back at the campsite searching for Deorr.

At about 7:00 in the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358

Second story, September
According to Vilt, a different woman (not the store clerk) claimed to see a suspicious looking man that afternoon. She described him as being in his 50's with curly, gray/white hair. When Vilt released that story, he indicated that JM saw a man fitting the same description in the store. According to Vilt, JM said the man was "fixated" on Deorr.

September 18, 2015, KID Radio

[...]

Another tip came in on a national hotline set up by Vilt. A woman in the Idaho Falls area called in to say that she, her husband and four sons were hiking in the Palisades area. She said there was a man in his mid 50s with gray hair staring at her boys. She told Vilt the man followed them to a convenience store. He was driving a black Jeep Rubicon.

Vilt says DeOrr’s parents reported a similar-looking man inside a store in Leadore the day before their son went missing. He says the parents saw vehicle matching that description.
http://590kid.com/2015/09/18/tips-about-missing-toddler-forwarded-to-idaho-fusion-center/

In my opinion, the statements below illustrate what Klein referred to as a "farce". In other words, the story was overblown by Vilt. Those who are interpreting Klein's use of the word "farce" as an indication JM fabricated the story are either honestly mistaken, or deliberately grasping at every straw in an effort to vilify JM. JMO

October 31, 2015, Idaho State Journal

[...]

The black Jeep Rubicon
On the morning of the disappearance, Kunz’s parents recall seeing a suspicious man at a convenience store in Leodore. This man, who reportedly drove a newer model black Jeep Rubicon, was described as being in his 50s with long white hair that was curly at the bottom.

“He was fixated on the boy,” Vilt said. “This man made the family nervous.”

A week later, a woman told Vilt she saw a man matching this description at an ice cream store in Swan Valley, approximately 150 miles east of Leodore.

The woman said she was creeped out by this man because he kept eyeing her four children, who range in age between 2 and 9.

Since setting up the national hotline, Vilt has received numerous tips from across the region regarding this mysterious man in the black Rubicon. Some of the leads have turned out to be false, but others appear to be promising. However, Vilt is still waiting for a lead to come in with the Rubicon’s license plate number.

Though Vilt said he isn’t working with Kunz’s family anymore, he still follows up on the leads he receives through the hotline regarding the case.
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_10d44717-75dc-5601-aa30-5726228128f8.html

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/?fref=nf,

In the post regarding the east Idaho story, KIC comments that they were not saying that JM lied about the Jeep Rubicon.

There was another comment yesterday, that is not there today, implying that the Rubicon "farce" stemmed from Mr. Vilt.

As far as the forensic evidence, it's nothing new. We've known about that for a long time.
SB said that he had sent evidence to the FBI for analysis some months back.
Thank you. I hadn't read that.

Klein Investigations and Consulting We are not saying Jessica made it up. We are stating that through the witnesses we did speak to, no one remembers seeing a jeep. That is all. Again, I will state, stop the conjecture. I have cleared this matter up and there will be no further comment. Thank you.
Like · Reply · 19 · Yesterday at 11:36am

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/posts/940690416013543

No one recalls the jeep? Not even the woman who allegedly reported it?

And so everyone is clear on the rule, it is okay to C & P snips of FB posts made by KIC as long as you include a link.

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

And then they wonder how people get confused and rumors etc get started.

What I am saying is if I see the actual comment with my own eyes then I just might consider it to be coming from that actual person. A screen shot means nothing to me any more now with new apps that let you fake post while posing as someone els.
Other wise the rest is just my own personal ideas and not basing that off anything I've read on fb. Its all a possibility. And to date I haven't heard anything about where IR was that first hour while searching anymore then I've heard anything on the the

Regardless of whether I can post the info from LE, my main point is that whether or not it was the real person posting or not, the information that has been extrapolated and shared from those FB screenshots is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very strange. I only write the third paragraph above. Not sure how it shows I wrote all three, but for some reason I can't edit it. Maybe because I am on Tapatalk. Sorry for quoting myself! Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks. The reporter asks him to clarify on the mountain versus at the campsite. His answer is anything thing but clear.

4:20 in the video: When asked if Deorr was at the campsite, Klein says Deorr is on or is near the mountain.

He doesn't comment as to whether Deorr was ever at the campsite. CAM-clear as mud. :)

This is very strange. I only write the third paragraph above. Not sure how it shows I wrote all three, but for some reason I can't edit it. Maybe because I am on Tapatalk. Sorry for quoting myself! Just wanted to clarify.

I've repaired it now, but this is what your post 695 looked like originally, with my comment in red.
(opening tag ->>)
What I am saying is if I see the actual comment with my own eyes then I just might consider it to be coming from that actual person. A screen shot means nothing to me any more now with new apps that let you fake post while posing as someone els.
Other wise the rest is just my own personal ideas and not basing that off anything I've read on fb. Its all a possibility. And to date I haven't heard anything about where IR was that first hour while searching anymore then I've heard anything on the the (no ending quote tag)

(your reply)
Regardless of whether I can post the info from LE, my main point is that whether or not it was the real person posting or not, the information that has been extrapolated and shared from those FB screenshots is incorrect.

To appear as a quote, text must be placed within a pair of code tags.

Example:

[QUOTE]text[/QUOTE]

Result:

In post 695, the end tag was missing, as well as some of giagreen's text.

To correct the problem, you could have typed [/QUOTE] at the end of giagreen's post to complete the quote. (Tags are not case sensitive. Lowercase will work, too.)

It becomes a huge mess when others quote a post which contains a broken quote. If repeated more than once or twice, sorting it out can be a time consuming headache for a moderator.

It's true. That was said very early on. I think the only difference is that we didn't know then that forensic evidence pointed to the fact that little boy is deceased.

I guess it's a matter of how we all perceive certain things.
I don't know that the "forensic evidence" that Mr. Kline referred to, points to Deorr's death. I personally, would need to know more about said evidence before I could conclude that.
I find some of Mr. Kline's comments confusing.

4:20 in the video: When asked if Deorr was at the campsite, Klein says Deorr is on or is near the mountain.

He doesn't comment as to whether Deorr was ever at the campsite. CAM-clear as mud. :)
I was just listening to this interview again. It's true that he won't confirm that Deorr was at the campsite, but he absolutely believes he is on or near the mountain now.
Reporter: One thing I do know that you've said, you 99% feel he was on the mountain. Uhm, does that mean that he was at the campsite, or just on the mountain? Or can you say?

Klein: Let me, let me be clear about what I'm saying. I want to be very, very clear with everyone in the media. My belief is, and our team's belief is, Deorr is on the mountain, or near the mountain.

Let me say this, we have interviewed the father. We have interviewed the mother. We have interviewed the grandfather. We have not interviewed Isaac Reinwand.

[He goes on to say that IR has hired counsel, which is his right, and that KIC has extended an "arm in friendship" to his counsel in a request for an interview with counsel present.]

But let's hear his story. Let's hear his story. We have not heard his story yet. We need to hear his story.

http://www.localnews8.com/video/private-investigator-interview-on-deorr-kunz-jr-case/37525224

I noticed he used the present tense too. So DeOrr is on or near the mountain still?

I was just listening to this interview again. It's true that he won't confirm that Deorr was at the campsite, but he absolutely believes he is there now.
Reporter: One thing I do know that you've said, you 99% feel he was on the mountain. Uhm, does that mean that he was at the campsite, or just on the mountain? Or can you say?

Klein: Let me, let me be clear about what I'm saying. I want to be very, very clear with everyone in the media. My belief is, and our team's belief is, Deorr is on the mountain, or near the mountain.

Let me say this, we have interviewed the father. We have interviewed the mother. We have interviewed the grandfather. We have not interviewed Isaac Reinwand.

[He goes on to say that IR has hired counsel, which is his right, and that KIC has extended an "arm in friendship" to his counsel in a request for an interview with counsel present.]

But let's hear his story. Let's hear his story. We have not heard his story yet. We need to hear his story.

http://www.localnews8.com/video/private-investigator-interview-on-deorr-kunz-jr-case/37525224

Bessie, IMO his saying Deorr is on or near the mountain is different than confirming he was at the campsite. The mountain is huge, the campsite is small. If he was never at the campsite, but on or near the mountain, whether now or on July 10, makes a big difference to me.

Or am I misreading your post? I was in Paris. I was in or near France. See what I mean> .

Bessie, IMO his saying Deorr is on or near the mountain is different than confirming he was at the campsite. The mountain is huge, the campsite is small. If he was never at the campsite, but on or near the mountain, whether now or on July 10, makes a big difference to me.

Or am I misreading your post? I was in Paris. I was in or near France. See what I mean> .

"Or... were you in Paris on July 10?
I can't comment on that, but I am in or near France right now."

Thanks Bessie, from your quote and interview link:

"Let me say this, we have interviewed the father. We have interviewed the mother. We have interviewed the grandfather. We have not interviewed Isaac Reinwand.

But let's hear his story. Let's hear his story. We have not heard his story yet. We need to hear his story."

I am liking the way KI is going about this investigation. I find their openness very refreshing and their method in putting the pressure ON. LE was willing to do some media after Vilt hit the scene and didn't seem very happy, but have been laying low since KI...does that mean they think they are doing a good job?

I'm glad IR has a lawyer, I think he needs one if nothing else then to make sure he's not possibly publicly thrown under the bus. I wonder who the 'evidence' actually points to, not innuendo? I guess we don't know if IR is still willing to or has been recently interviewed by LE along with his lawyer. I could see that vs. an investigative firm hired for the family, because really who would do that? Just some thoughts.

Wasn't DeOrr's dad DK the one who said he didn't think his son was on the mountain anymore? It's curious how the word / location "mountain" is used in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxanneRia