ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can PI's lie about evidence they may not have? I know police officers can-but don't know about PI's.

If I didn't know any better I would say Mr. Klein is trying to get people talking for a reason. I wonder if he has a wire tap on someone's phone.
PI's can say what they want, they are not bound by the legal process in the same way as law enforcement so they have more leeway in that regard.

However, they cannot wire tap. Only law enforcement with a properly obtained warrant can do so.

I think he stated that he doesn't think he's on the mountain anymore because he thought he'd been abducted and removed from the mountain JMO.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
No. Klein doesn't think DeOrr was abducted or taken by a wild animal. I think your thinking of the old pi vilt.

Can PI's lie about evidence they may not have? I know police officers can-but don't know about PI's.

If I didn't know any better I would say Mr. Klein is trying to get people talking for a reason. I wonder if he has a wire tap on someone's phone.

This happens to be one of the better older articles that has info I must have missed before.

Lemhi sheriff opens up about DeOrr Kunz case - Updated at 11:12 am, August 18th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
Meanwhile, Bowerman said DeOrr’s parents and Walton were questioned multiple times by Lemhi detectives.

“Those three have been very cooperative,” Bowerman said. “They’ve given us everything we ask for, and I feel real good about the parents and the grandfather.”

Reinwand has also been questioned, and Bowerman revealed Kunz Sr. and Mitchell had never met him before this camping trip.

“I’m not getting any feeling that he’s not being truthful,” Bowerman said. “He’s come up to the area on a second occasion with me, and I think he’s been very truthful and I appreciate his help.”

Bowerman said everyone at the campsite has had their vehicles and homes searched several times, and Bonneville County deputies and the FBI are now working with Lemhi County detectives.

“All four have voluntarily taken polygraphs and right now they’ve been turned over to the FBI,” Bowerman said. “We’ve given the FBI lots of items to analyze behaviorally and we’ve given them some physical evidence.”

Bowerman wouldn’t go into details about what specifically has been turned over to the FBI but he said he wants “all bases covered” to help solve the case.

No. Klein doesn't think DeOrr was abducted or taken by a wild animal. I think your thinking of the old pi vilt.

Klein said it too

CEO of Klein Investigations and Consulting Philip Klein said a week ago that he believed three possible scenarios had to do with Kunz's disappearance. Klein explained that it was either a homicide, a forced abduction, or the boy was taken away by a wild animal. Now those theories are being abandoned.
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2016/01/16/deorr-kunz-jr-update-in-missing-idaho-

I keep telling everybody that Klein changes his story every couple of days.

That's his business , and he has to live with it .... but when people on social media start hanging on his every word I urge them to be cautious

Websleuths is social media.

I keep thinking if it waa straight up murder it was IR. If it was an accident then it could be the parents. But kinda need a body to determine that and IR needs to speak. But he won't so that leaves me with option number 1.

Although I give little, if any, credence to Klein's "investigation", without a motive, if he believes it to be murder, he really wouldn't have much.

Sorry i meant DeOrr Sr, I should of been more clear[emoji15]

I think he stated that he doesn't think he's on the mountain anymore because he thought he'd been abducted and removed from the mountain JMO.

Or, he could have been trying to steer the investigation in a different direction, away from the mountain.

I keep thinking if it waa straight up murder it was IR. If it was an accident then it could be the parents. But kinda need a body to determine that and IR needs to speak. But he won't so that leaves me with option number 1.

The issue with number 1 is that AFAIK the latest information direct from SB (Radio interview) is that the parents and IR went together to fish leaving Deorr Jr at the campsite. The parents haven't denied this or questioned IR to my knowledge?

Klein said it too

That's his business , and he has to live with it .... but when people on social media start hanging on his every word I urge them to be cautious

It is not quite accurate that Klein keeps changing his story. His story has evolved over time. KIC came into the case clean, looked at all possibilities and weeded them out as the investigation deepened. MSM compounds the confusion with bad reporting. The Star Pluse article states "Klein explained that it was either a homicide, a forced abduction, or the boy was taken away by a wild animal. Now those theories are being abandoned." That is not accurate. He did not say it was definitely one of those three and then abandon those theories. KIC stated a few weeks ago that they were investigating all possibilities, including homicide, abduction, and wild animal but after further investigation they ruled out abduction and wild animal. Homicide is still on the table.

As I mentioned before I am not defending Klein, I think he's an idiot, but it is not fair to accuse him of changing his story due to bad reporting.

Reports keep changes every few days

Klein Investigations and Consulting January 16 at 2:43pm ·

Statement by Philip R. Klein, Lead Investigator : “This afternoon since arriving in my office I have been fielding calls from the media and concerned citizens regarding the Deorr Kunz case.

A rumor has begun that “arrests will be happening this afternoon.” We have no idea who is spreading this rumor or repeating it. As part of the team that is investigating this case we have not been told, we do not believe, nor have we heard of this “rumor.” Anyone whom is spreading this rumor is saying this with disregard to the truth, using innuendo as fact, and spreading false information.

However, we will say again, this case is very very fluid at this time, and investigators have been working 24 hours a day over the past three days regarding “information” that has been provided to them. Law Enforcement will make their announcement if or when there is an arrest in this case. We ask the public’s help in stopping this rumor as it is not fair to the family or the community in spreading these false statements. We pledge to the public that this case is very solvable and to simply calm down right now. KIC Texas and the Sr. Investigative Staff wants to thank all of you for caring and thank all of you for working towards the end goal of answering the questions that need to be answered. Again – we have not been told, nor do we know, nor do we have any information regarding any pending arrest today. This information is at best erroneous.”
https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/?fref=nf

And then we have this

Private investigator:
Charges could be filed in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case

By David Ashby 11 hrs ago

The head of a private investigative firm hired by the family of a missing Idaho Falls toddler says he believes charges will be filed in the case.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_40583c81-5442-5a27-ac37-ed9f662d7acb.html

I am not going to believe anything unless it comes from the Sheriff , FBI , police , or a grand jury.

The Chaos surrounding this missing boy has turned into Utter Chaos.

And we keep pouring gas on the fire.

By "there" I meant "on or near the mountain". I've made the edit in my post.

But as for campsite vs. mountain, as I said in my last post, to conclude DeOrr is now "on or near the mountain", Klein has to be convinced DeOrr was on or near the mountain in the first place. So what evidence helped him to come to that conclusion? Can you think of examples of evidence that would be available to Klein which indicate DeOrr arrived on or near the mountain deceased?
This has nerver been cleared up as far as I know. Were they camping at another site
Thursday night, and then moved to the campsite in question Friday morning?

I am going to be bold and say I think Klein is just creating his own media spin to make it look like he is doing something.

I think we should wait a few days before concluding anything .... the sheriff has received thousands of tips and this could just be another one that leads nowhere.

BBM:
I feel the same way. I believe Klein will be shown to be FOS in the long run. I'm honestly not trying to offend anyone by saying this because posters I truly respect feel otherwise.

JMO

This has nerver been cleared up as far as I know. Were they camping at another site
Thursday night, and then moved to the campsite in question Friday morning?

When it was confirmed by SB in the August 18th Nate Eaton interview that the group arrived on the Thursday evening one of the first things I asked was if it was possible they were originally elsewhere before relocating to Timber Creek. I also asked if other nearby campsites had been searched.

We're now circling back around to asking the same early questions.

I keep wondering that too, mainly b/c of DK's "snake" slips in the first interview.

Reports keep changes every few days

And then we have this

I am not going to believe anything unless it comes from the Sheriff , FBI , police , or a grand jury.

The Chaos surrounding this missing boy has turned into Utter Chaos.

And we keep pouring gas on the fire.

Again, that is taking two different statements out of context to make a point that he is changing his story. In the first bit you quoted he said that the rumors that an arrest was going to happen that day were not true. A few days later he says that he believes charges will be filed. The word "will" indicates sometime in the future. Yes, sometimes combining apples and oranges creates the gasoline that fuels the fire.

I don't believe anything Klein says either and would love to have an update from LE, but it is what it is and we don't need to twist it into anything else.

BBM:
I feel the same way. I believe Klein will be shown to be FOS in the long run. I'm honestly not trying to offend anyone by saying this because posters I truly respect feel otherwise.

JMO

I agree .... I am not Anti-Klein .... he is a marketing man for his company and that is fine by me

My caution comes when the general public hangs on his every word and thinks he is somehow better than the local Law Enforcement , or has some magic touch to solve this case

In 15 years , Klein Investigations has solved 109 of 112 missing persons and parental kidnapping cases. That is great , but most of that is grunt work chasing paper trails , communication trails , and bits of evidence to find the runaway parent and child.

If anyone was to review the whole DeOrr file , it should be an old salt detective who has access to all the current police information , he could provide a fresh new look to see if anything has been overlooked.

For all we know they may even be doing that now . Whereas Klein is an outsider in the sense that he cannot get the same access to the police files or withheld evidence.

Mr. Klein is free to publicly say whatever he wants , and he sure has , on the other hand , the Sheriff must measure his words carefully , not insinuate anything or start rumors , or tip his hand on the investigation

Again, that is taking two different statements out of context to make a point that he is changing his story. In the first bit you quoted he said that the rumors that an arrest was going to happen that day were not true. A few days later he says that he believes charges will be filed. The word "will" indicates sometime in the future. Yes, sometimes combining apples and oranges creates the gasoline that fuels the fire.

I don't believe anything Klein says either and would love to have an update from LE, but it is what it is and we don't need to twist it into anything else.

That was my whole point , every other day he completely changes the story . He must be the magic detective working at the speed of light to solve things that fast.

Anyway , best wishes , and next week I am sure we will get whiplashed again.

It is not quite accurate that Klein keeps changing his story. His story has evolved over time. KIC came into the case clean, looked at all possibilities and weeded them out as the investigation deepened. MSM compounds the confusion with bad reporting. The Star Pluse article states "Klein explained that it was either a homicide, a forced abduction, or the boy was taken away by a wild animal. Now those theories are being abandoned." That is not accurate. He did not say it was definitely one of those three and then abandon those theories. KIC stated a few weeks ago that they were investigating all possibilities, including homicide, abduction, and wild animal but after further investigation they ruled out abduction and wild animal. Homicide is still on the table.

As I mentioned before I am not defending Klein, I think he's an idiot, but it is not fair to accuse him of changing his story due to bad reporting.

Am I wrong to guess that if Klein were stating that his investigation revealed the little boy was taken by an animal or was in the creek then people wouldn't be disparaging him? I am wondering if it's because what Klein has said (what LE probably has known to some degree all along) is not pretty, or innocent, and is just really hard to accept. I get that. Love him or hate him, I don't think Klein is full of the S word. I think his team of seven have done a service for little DeOrr by searching for the truth. If his payment for that is publicity, fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klein said it too

He did? I didn't know that. What did he say about it? Because that really could change a few things for me.

Sorry i meant DeOrr Sr, I should of been more clear[emoji15]

Don't be sorry!!! :) I deffently have my fair share of unclear posts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads