ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bessie, from your quote and interview link:

"Let me say this, we have interviewed the father. We have interviewed the mother. We have interviewed the grandfather. We have not interviewed Isaac Reinwand.

But let's hear his story. Let's hear his story. We have not heard his story yet. We need to hear his story."

I am liking the way KI is going about this investigation. I find their openness very refreshing and their method in putting the pressure ON. LE was willing to do some media after Vilt hit the scene and didn't seem very happy, but have been laying low since KI...does that mean they think they are doing a good job?

I'm glad IR has a lawyer, I think he needs one if nothing else then to make sure he's not possibly publicly thrown under the bus. I wonder who the 'evidence' actually points to, not innuendo? I guess we don't know if IR is still willing to or has been recently interviewed by LE along with his lawyer. I could see that vs. an investigative firm hired for the family, because really who would do that? Just some thoughts.

Darn straight. If I were being thrown under the bus publicly by a fellow POI and understood that their supporters wanted to hire a PI to get me, instead of them, I would hope my atty would knock some sense into my head and tell me not to talk--especially if I tended to not speak well and might answer incoherently without totally realizing what I was saying.

(I am guilty of laughing at the "I'm sorry, I don't have any questions" response IR gave when he opened the door half-naked to find NE there, but the guy is an easy target and I would hope his guardians and legal representatives would keep that in mind so that he doesn't put himself in a position where he could falsely incriminate himself.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn straight. If I were being thrown under the bus publicly by a fellow POI and understood that their supporters wanted to hire a PI to get me, instead of them, I would hope my atty would knock some sense into my head and tell me not to talk--especially if I tended to not speak well and might answer incoherently without totally realizing what I was saying.
(I am guilty of laughing at the "I'm sorry, I don't have any questions" response IR gave when he opened the door half-naked to find NE there, but the guy is an easy target and I would hope his guardians and legal representatives would keep that in mind so that he doesn't put himself in a position where he could falsely incriminate himself.)

It never occured to me that this could happen. I'm glad he has a lawyer.

jmo

Wasn't DeOrr's dad DK the one who said he didn't think his son was on the mountain anymore? It's curious how the word / location "mountain" is used in this case.

Interesting observation.

Can PI's lie about evidence they may not have? I know police officers can-but don't know about PI's.

If I didn't know any better I would say Mr. Klein is trying to get people talking for a reason. I wonder if he has a wire tap on someone's phone.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_40583c81-5442-5a27-ac37-ed9f662d7acb.html

"Klein’s chief executive officer, Philip Klein, said he believes “charges will be filed,” though he didn't comment on when it might happen."

Thank goodness. The only thing that could make this case more tragic is if it were never solved. He needs a proper burial, and I'm sorry, but those who know what happened need to be held accountable.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_40583c81-5442-5a27-ac37-ed9f662d7acb.html

"Klein’s chief executive officer, Philip Klein, said he believes “charges will be filed,” though he didn't comment on when it might happen."

Also from the article:

"We believe we know how it happened, and we want to find out why it happened, and we want to find the body.”

"The toddler was either murdered or died by accident, Klein said."

If he thinks he knows HOW it happened but does not know if it is murder or accident, then it seems that some theories could be dismissed, such as leaving him napping in a hot vehicle (for there would be no "why" to figure out - the why would be because it was hot out and surely it would not be considered murder). It's troubling that he thinks DeOrr may have been murdered. I have always thought that whatever happened was an accident, possibly a result of negligence, but never murder. Doesn't murder imply the intention to kill? Klein seems to be saying that whatever caused DeOrr's death could have been done on purpose OR on accident. At least if I take Klein's statement at face value, which may be a mistake. He could be using his words to elicit a response from one (or more) of the four POI's, I suppose.

I noticed he used the present tense too. So DeOrr is on or near the mountain still?
Yes. The one thing he was very clear about is that he and his team feel Deorr IS (present tense) on or near the mountain.

He won't make a determination based only on the accounts given by the three family members. He wants to hear IR say that he did, or did not, see DeOrr alive and well, because IR is not a relative, nor even a close friend, and would/should be objective. That makes perfect sense. He's looking for corroboration.

Where he's vague is in his certainty that DeOrr is on or near the mountain now. To arrive at that conclusion, he must have reason to believe DeOrr was there in the first place. What is that evidence? Eyewitness?

My take, fwiw:

1. Conclusion: DeOrr was at the mountain/campsite, based on unstated evidence.

2. No Conclusion: The family members' accounts of events after their arrival at the mountain/campsite -- or after the point where evidence places DeOrr there -- require independent corroboration from IR. IR also could provide corroboration for an eyewitness, IF one exists. Timing is an important factor.

Conversely, if the family, or the new witness, has alleged suspicious behavior on the part of IR, answers are needed from him to clear up any doubts or questions that have been raised.

3. Conclusion: DeOrr did not leave the area of the mountain alive (i.e., no abduction) or dead. No evidence supports his departure. The presumption is that his body could not have been driven away from the area undetected.

So I can see a number of reasons why an interview with IR is important to KIC's investigation.

With regard to the "new witness", the inference is that whatever the story is, it doesn't bode well for one or more of the four adults. A couple of possibilities come to mind -- there certainly are others -- but suppose this person claims to have seen or heard someone harming DeOrr. Or perhaps s/he claims to have seen someone acting in a way that appeared s/he was disposing of a body. How reliable is this person? I take it there is no photographic or other solid evidence. Otherwise, there would have been an arrest by now, or radio silence in preparation for an arrest. So what can this person offer to back up his/her claim? Again, corroboration is vital. Regardless of who the witness implicates, until all parties provide answers, the puzzle will be incomplete. I hope IR and his counsel will come around and agree to that interview.

JMO

Bessie, IMO his saying Deorr is on or near the mountain is different than confirming he was at the campsite. The mountain is huge, the campsite is small. If he was never at the campsite, but on or near the mountain, whether now or on July 10, makes a big difference to me.

Or am I misreading your post? I was in Paris. I was in or near France. See what I mean> .
By "there" I meant "on or near the mountain". I've made the edit in my post.

But as for campsite vs. mountain, as I said in my last post, to conclude DeOrr is now "on or near the mountain", Klein has to be convinced DeOrr was on or near the mountain in the first place. So what evidence helped him to come to that conclusion? Can you think of examples of evidence that would be available to Klein which indicate DeOrr arrived on or near the mountain deceased?

I am going to be bold and say I think Klein is just creating his own media spin to make it look like he is doing something.

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office announced on Saturday that it had a new lead in DeOrr’s disappearance. But the sheriff's office has not released further information about the lead.

I think we should wait a few days before concluding anything .... the sheriff has received thousands of tips and this could just be another one that leads nowhere.

Klein could not be more clear. "We know HOW it happened. We want to know WHY. And we want to find the baby's body. " (emphasis mine) If it were an accident, there would be no reason for why. "Why" requires reason to act. Why was the child murdered. There is no other interpretation.

"There will be charges". That is pretty clear.

Someone up thread mentioned that the witness wishes to remain anonymous. This is completely understandable and to be expected. This is an investigation and witnesses may remain anonymous. It protects their privacy, protects them publicity and protects the investigation.

Klein says he is on or around the mountain, DK says he is no longer on the mountain. If both are telling the truth, the body is somewhere around the mountain. Let's hope there is GPS locating that spot.

The fact that IR will not talk to a private investigator is completely understandable. He is a POI in the investigation of a missing child, he can do nothing but disrupt and perhaps interfere with the law enforcement investigation by talking to a PI. His lawyer is smart to tell him to not talk to a PI. And IR is a smart client and taking his attorney's advice. Period. The end.

Am I the only one who regularly changes my mind about who/what/where/when?

I hadn't seen the bit where Klein says "We know how it happened. We want to know why. And we want to find the baby's body". So they know HOW it happened? How what happened? Deorr's death? They know how he died?

And the bit about DK saying he's not on the mountain - was that stated as fact or his gut feeling?

Am I the only one who regularly changes my mind about who/what/where/when?

I hadn't seen the bit where Klein says "We know how it happened. We want to know why. And we want to find the baby's body". So they know HOW it happened? How what happened? Deorr's death? They know how he died?

And the bit about DK saying he's not on the mountain - was that stated as fact or his gut feeling?
I think he stated that he doesn't think he's on the mountain anymore because he thought he'd been abducted and removed from the mountain JMO.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

I think he stated that he doesn't think he's on the mountain anymore because he thought he'd been abducted and removed from the mountain JMO.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

DK said that after searching had happened for several days with no sign of little D. He was saying the searchers had done such a good job, little D would have been found if he was there.

Reading the last couple of pages I think I'm a bit clearer on the 'on or near the mountain'. If I was the reporter I would ask: Was Deorr Jr ever at the Timber Creek campsite? I suspect the answer would be: I can't/won't answer that right now. At least this would be clear as mud.

Anyway...

I remember at some point during the early searches the parents/family were excluded from the official search area and remember a media video of DK going off (with friends/family/LE?) on a quad bike to search the mountain. Could it be this that relates to the new witness?

Klein could not be more clear. "We know HOW it happened. We want to know WHY. And we want to find the baby's body. " (emphasis mine) If it were an accident, there would be no reason for why. "Why" requires reason to act. Why was the child murdered. There is no other interpretation.

"There will be charges". That is pretty clear.

Someone up thread mentioned that the witness wishes to remain anonymous. This is completely understandable and to be expected. This is an investigation and witnesses may remain anonymous. It protects their privacy, protects them publicity and protects the investigation.

Klein says he is on or around the mountain, DK says he is no longer on the mountain. If both are telling the truth, the body is somewhere around the mountain. Let's hope there is GPS locating that spot.

The fact that IR will not talk to a private investigator is completely understandable. He is a POI in the investigation of a missing child, he can do nothing but disrupt and perhaps interfere with the law enforcement investigation by talking to a PI. His lawyer is smart to tell him to not talk to a PI. And IR is a smart client and taking his attorney's advice. Period. The end.
Great post TeaTime

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I keep thinking if it waa straight up murder it was IR. If it was an accident then it could be the parents. But kinda need a body to determine that and IR needs to speak. But he won't so that leaves me with option number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone