DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for this little fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby DeOrr, I am so sorry for you ❤

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

After reading police statements and a statement from the grandpa, I believe the parents and grandpa are innocent. The grandpa stated that there was a four minute window where no one was paying attention to DeOrr because they assumed the other one was. So, eliminating those three people, what are the possible scenarios? How close were they to water?

After reading police statements and a statement from the grandpa, I believe the parents and grandpa are innocent. The grandpa stated that there was a four minute window where no one was paying attention to DeOrr because they assumed the other one was. So, eliminating those three people, what are the possible scenarios? How close were they to water?

Please provide links to the police statements and the statement by the grandfather.

Original People Magazine Article being referred to
http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
There's a four-minute window where no one had an eye on him," says Kunz, 70. "My grandson is paying the ultimate price for this."
How can it be called a four minute window of time when no one had an eye on DeOrr; he has never been seen since that time. He was there and then he was gone; four minutes is completely irrelevant. I guess the grandfather is trying to say he was distracted for about four minutes?

How can it be called a four minute window of time when no one had an eye on DeOrr; he has never been seen since that time. He was there and then he was gone; four minutes is completely irrelevant. I guess the grandfather is trying to say he was distracted for about four minutes?
I think it's a mix of remorse and maybe showing how fast he was gone. Every parent takes their eyes off their toddler at some point, and unfortunately, in this case, it became a nightmare. I feel so badly for them. I cannot even imagine their pain.

It also might have helped police initially to try and figure out how far he could have gotten. Or, as this PI is saying, how fast someone could swoop in and grab him.

http://q13fox.com/2015/08/11/privat...amily-of-missing-idaho-toddler-deorr-kunz-jr/

We've discussed the People Magazine article pretty extensively months ago. The grandfather being quoted was NOT at the campground. Basically that article was just really poorly written and has added to the confusion/misinformation that has plagued this case.

This quote is from DeOrr's 'other' G'Father who was not there. He also is quoted by People as specifying 'the blanket' was found in the truck. He came to know this information by someone close that he felt comfortable enough the information was true to relay to People Mag. All JMO

The only road leading into or out of the campground was 30 to 40 yards from where great grandpa was sitting according to the sheriff. It would be impossible for someone to come in or out of that campground without him noticing something. And reportedly nothing was noticed.

This quote is from DeOrr's 'other' G'Father who was not there. He also is quoted by People as specifying 'the blanket' was found in the truck. He came to know this information by someone close that he felt comfortable enough the information was true to relay to People Mag. All JMO
Yeah, I assumed he was told this by the family and was just relaying the info.

We've discussed the People Magazine article pretty extensively months ago. The grandfather being quoted was NOT at the campground. Basically that article was just really poorly written and has added to the confusion/misinformation that has plagued this case.

I'm not sure why you came to that conclusion though? I realize he wasn't there, but are you saying he gave not accurate information? I'm confused.

To me it seems most likely there has been no criminal act here at all. Rather there has been a very unfortunate incident that is difficult to understand and accept. I feel badly for all involved.

I agree. As I've said before, I think little DeOrr moved faster and further than anyone imagined he could before he was missed. During the time his parents were searching the campground, I think he kept moving during the hour before they called 9-11. By the time LE started searching, he could have been outside the search perimeter on his own steam or thanks to human or animal intervention. I can't account for the dog tracking him to the creek and back to the campsite, but I've seen dogs be inaccurate on other cases. I do think the creek was searched thoroughly, so I'd be surprised if he is found there. This is such a tragedy. JMO

This part isn't accurate:The elder Kunz says the boy's parents were setting up camp and assumed Mitchell's grandfather, who was also on the trip, was watching the boy. The grandfather assumed the boy's parents were watching him, says Kunz.

They set up camp that morning before they went to Leadore. When DeOrr went missing the parents were exploring by the stream, expecting a great grandfather to watch DeOrr. When great-grandfather could no longer see DeOrr he made the assumption that DeOrr had gone over the bank and down to the parents by the stream

Has there been a timeline set up recently?

I'm not sure why you came to that conclusion though? I realize he wasn't there, but are you saying he gave not accurate information? I'm confused.

There is nothing confusing about it. The article was very poorly written and the reporters did not check any of the "facts" that the grandfather, who wasn't there, stated. It's People magazine, not necessarily known for hard-hitting fact-based reporting.

There is nothing confusing about it. The article was very poorly written and the reporters did not check any of the "facts" that the grandfather, who wasn't there, stated. It's People magazine, not necessarily known for hard-hitting fact-based reporting.

I do get you & it 's a fact this particular G'Grandfather was not there, however the point is was G'G Father statements being accurately transcribed? If it was, who did this info. come from? It is an honest question, which requires answers IMO.

I keep checking back and hoping a big "FOUND" will be added to the title. This situation is so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98