ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was "the nap" even brought up by the parents when Deorr was not put down for one before they took off for their adventure? It has nothing to do with his disappearance as I see it. Just an unneeded piece of information.

I am surprised the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children still has Deorr's eye color as blue. I wonder where they got the initial info from and why it hasn't been changed yet. I have read at least a few people post that they have notified them of the error, and also that Jessica has been notified via Facebook. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1251277/1/screen

So now there are two people who didn't see DeOrr wander off? Or two people who were unaware that they were responsible for him? Or two people who both took their eyes off of him for 4-10 minutes?
Yes! So it's been confirmed now that DeOrr was with ggpa and friend when he disappeared. IR was not off fishing.

EastIdahoNews.com spoke with Reinwand briefly Monday morning on his doorstep. He confirmed Deorr was with him and the great-grandfather before he went missing, but Reinwand declined to answer further questions.

“He just disappeared,” Reinwand said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

He drives me crazy. POI but not suspects. Reinwald has criminal record, but record is incorrect and not sure why. How common is it that someone has a criminal record on file, but it is incorrect? Seriously asking.

He has several sealed cases - no way to tell if they are civil or criminal. Not sure what this means that "police reports are not consistent with his record?" Does this mean the police have investigated him for crimes but the courts/prosecutor have not charged him??? I don't get it.

It seems the parents status is constantly changing. They have gone from:
*solid with Bowerman
*not a suspect at this time
*persons of interest

It appears from this list that it is a downward turn. According to this latest update, I would assume the polygraphs did not turn out favorably for them, since the results have not been announced. JMO.

Now that they are POI, are we free, at last, to discuss them?
I think it pretty much always plays out this way, well not always but many missing kids cases I have followed in the past year plus. Parents are not suspects, cooperating fully with the law, then it becomes parents are not suspects at this time, parents are POI but not suspects at this time, then someone gets arrested on "unrelated charges" (if applicable ), etc.

I wonder if LE calling the parents "solid" was just based on them cooperating, not lawyering up, etc? If there was a substantial reason they were "solid", I don't think they would be called POI later on. In the case of Riley Fox, LE was convinced that her father murdered her, so what if in this case, LE was convinced that the parents had nothing to do with it, based on very little?

Well, hopefully a mod chimes in soon with what we can/cannot talk about. I have to go out for a bit.

Keep up the great work guys/gals!

I wonder if they are still cooperating? Many times the gloves come off when the cooperation stops, also someone mentioned a good point that perhaps the polys may have shown something. I assume the friend took one as LE said he was being treated the same as the parents.

This is what I find so frustrating, the phrase we keep hearing "He just disappeared". No, he did not just disappear. All we are being told is that the parents left him with Great-Grandpa, Great-Grandpa either did not know he had him, or, as said by JM's mom, he turned his head and "he disappeared". Now GG's friend also says "he disappeared". Not one single person, that I have read anywhere, has said specifically what this child was doing when last seen. We hear it was near naptime, but we never hear what he was actually doing. If JM and DK walked away, they should say, "he was standing right next to GG, holding his hand" or playing in the dirt, something specific that places him in an exact spot. The GG or his friend should place him in an exact spot doing a specific activity when they last had their eyes on him. For me, when I picture the scenario, I can almost place everyone there but the child because he supposedly was there and then "poof".

Remember the Garrett Bardsley case? He was a 12 Yr old boyscout camping in Utah with his dad and his troup? He was lost and has never been found. But we know what he was doing. He was fishing with his dad, he got his feet wet and went back to the camp to get new socks. He went alone. He missed the trail so his dad got him back on track. The dad tells the distance, everyone finds it hard to believe he did not make it. They all began searching very quickly and called in help. But somehow he was lost. But he can be placed there easily by many. We can see him there.

He drives me crazy. POI but not suspects. Reinwald has criminal record, but record is incorrect and not sure why. How common is it that someone has a criminal record on file, but it is incorrect? Seriously asking.

What a person is initially charge with is often different than what they actually get convicted of. A DUI becomes Reckless Driving. A Murder becomes a Manslaughter. Attempted Murder becomes Assault. I don't know if that's the case here but that was my first thought.

MOO

Anyone here that knows me, knows that I am PRO LE all the way. This sheriff is really starting to tick me off with all the double talk and confusing statements.

I understand LE speak. I know what they're doing, but it is frustrating to see him talking out of both sides of his mouth for several days now.

I know that they don't know what happened to DeOrr yet, so he's protecting the investigation (and himself), but I'd much rather him say nothing than do what he's doing wrt this case.

I'm typically very, very pro LE as well. I have lots of family in LE and will always give LE the benefit of the doubt, but I'm frustrated as well. The sheriff got off on the wrong foot with me when he tried to micro manage social media, which came across as unprofessional. However, I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to not only invest yourself in this situation with no results and then to try to do it with the eyes of the nation on you. I'm sure he's never been in this situation before. But I'm still frustrated.

Why was "the nap" even brought up by the parents when Deorr was not put down for one before they took off for their adventure? It has nothing to do with his disappearance as I see it. Just an unneeded piece of information.

I am always suspicious of unneeded information and so is LE.

Of course they can't. They don't know what happened yet. However, they ruled out GGP due to health/mental health issues.

Anyone here that knows me, knows that I am PRO LE all the way. This sheriff is really starting to tick me off with all the double talk and confusing statements.

I understand LE speak. I know what they're doing, but it is frustrating to see him talking out of both sides of his mouth for several days now.

I know that they don't know what happened to DeOrr yet, so he's protecting the investigation (and himself), but I'd much rather him say nothing than do what he's doing wrt this case.

eta: Found it. Nevermind. :)

The parents told EastIdahoNews.com they left the child with his great-grandfather and when they returned 10 to 15 minutes later, Deorr was gone. The great-grandfather assumed the child was with his parents.
“My dad was standing there watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,”grandmother Trina Bates Clegg said on July 12. “It appears like he just vanished.”

Maybe a small point but the article doesnt say the parents left the baby with GGP and the friend..

Great-grandpa has "declining physical and mental health." Why did they leave him in charge of a 2 year old?

Why didn't the parents say we thought ggp and his friend were watching DeOrr? Even if ggp had some limitations, there was an able bodied (I assume) friend right there who could run after the little guy. Just thinking out loud.

The parents told EastIdahoNews.com they left the child with his great-grandfather and when they returned 10 to 15 minutes later, Deorr was gone. The great-grandfather assumed the child was with his parents.
“My dad was standing there watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,”grandmother Trina Bates Clegg said on July 12. “It appears like he just vanished.”

Maybe a small point but the article doesnt say the parents left the baby with GGP and the friend..
EastIdahoNews.com spoke with Reinwand briefly Monday morning on his doorstep. He confirmed Deorr was with him and the great-grandfather before he went missing, but Reinwand declined to answer further questions.

“He just disappeared,” Reinwand said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just posted something similar at the same time.

Why didn't the parents say we thought ggp and his friend were watching DeOrr? Even if ggp had some limitations, there was an able bodied (I assume) friend right there who could run after the little guy. Just thinking out loud.

Continuing thinking out loud... maybe if it was "We thought he was with him (them), he (they) thought he was with us" the friend also didn't realize the parents had headed out for a walk.

Who was watching DeOrr when he disappeared and who thought they were supposed to be watching him seems to be a bit of a moving target, depending on the day and the person reporting the info.

*Parents thought it was GGpa, GGpa thought it was parents
*GGPa was watching him but turned his head
*Parents were setting up camp and thought GGpa was watching him (this one was reported in People magazine's interview with DeOrr Sr.'s dad, which seems to contradict the parents' version of events)

And now we have the friend placing himself at the campsite when DeOrr disappeared, which is a newer twist on some of the previously presented scenarios because up until today, there was no mention of him being around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double