ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happily surprised. I wonder what those jurors are thinking.

And, I know I've said this at least 5 times, so let's make it 6... What in the heck will be LVD's defense?
It isn’t on them to prove Lori innocent. They are probably hoping the prosecution won’t be able to prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I’m not sure they’re talented enough to push that outcome.

Last edited:
Sorry, but your analysis is wrong. The defense may be members of the church (I don't know one way or the other really), but so are members of the prosecution, judge, jury, police, fbi, etc. I don't know the numbers but I'm going to go out on a limb and say 80-90% of the population of Idaho are members of the church.

There is no secret conspiracy, narrative, or agenda by the church in this matter. Nor does the church control its members. The church teaches its members to be good people, citizens, followers of Christ, and to obey the laws of the land.

Many members do practice what is preached. Sadly, there are others, just like in any society or religion, people like Lori and Chad, who don't live in harmony with the society and/or religion they claim to belong to.

I am a member of the church, as are many here who have been following this case from day one, and we have all been shocked, truly sickened and saddened, and dumbfounded by the details of this case. We have been fighting for justice for all the victims (who, by the way and lest we forget, were members of the Church also) and we won't stop.

JMHO.
Yeah I have to agree.
Some folk seem to think if those representing them are LDS they will somehow be understanding.

IMO it would actually do the opposite.
Hiding their disgusting adulterous callous dig for money and murder behind the fringe of religion offends everybody.

And embarrasses the LDS faith no end.

Lori not Chad

Police release information on investigation that led to charges against Lori Vallow in the murder of her former husband​

Lori Vallow charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder in former husband’s death, prosecutor says​

Thank you!!

Chad was a graveyard “sexton.” He knew the lingo. Too bad for him he didn’t understand how hot a fire had to be, and for how long, to fully cremate a body.

Yeah, but most people, don't have the word "cremains" roll off their forked tongue like licking a Cinnabon. I probably would have said "ashes", not knowing "death lingo"...."uh yeah, this is Chad, Chad from Iowa...". He sounded like that guy in the Bob Newhart Show, "HI, I am Larry, this is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl.".

Oooh thank you for this link! I wondered if EIN would get it!

Good grief, Chad giving AC a "fake" blessing. Chad sounds like he truly believes that he is a prophet. Chad probably needs a psych evaluation too. He is crazy, but not insane.

I still wonder about AC's death...awfully convenient timing.

Have the texts (between Alex and Lori?) of the Chandler PD slideshow been released before, or will this be new info?

Almost the entire Chandler file was released - AZ is much more transparent than ID. It was thousands of pages of documents and probably over 20 police interviews. If you want to search around for the info, I believe it was released in the fall of 2021.

ETA, I believe that doc dump was where we first got the audios of the patriarchal blessing and the phone call Melanie made to Chad and Lori that they played today.

Good grief, Chad giving AC a "fake" blessing. Chad sounds like he truly believes that he is a prophet. Chad probably needs a psych evaluation too. He is crazy, but not insane.

I still wonder about AC's death...awfully convenient time
I don't believe he actually believes any of it, it's his shtick. He wanted a new life where he's important, where he "gets the girl", where he's worshipped and let's not forget the money.

The main thing sticking with me from today was when LV knew about the change in beneficiary. Will they play the recording of her finding out it's not her. Was this simply an oversight by the prosecution today or will this be played later down the road. If I were a juror and knew nothing of this case, I would assume LV knew prior to the death of Charles which would eliminate financial gain from the list of motives. (Seems like today would have been the time to do it along with the whole cremation call.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper