Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting for the first time in a long time... spent so much time catching up in a short period, it gives you a different view than coming in at the beginning and I think I’ve got an alternate theory.. feel free to poke holes. Just thought it might spark some ideas.

I think Tylee was killed because had a fight with Lori over something, and Lori and Killed her. I think that’s why she was treated different to JJ post mortem, it seems more, I don’t know.. frenzied or vindictive? By that stage chad is already covering up one (Tammy) crime, so he goes along with it.
But I do think JJ may have been an accident, or at least not totally on purpose. it’s been reported that she drugged him often, I think she had had enough of dealing with him, climbing the cabinets etc, she’s stressed about what she did to Tylee and getting caught, and drugged him up without caring about the dose and He died, Alex then dealt with the aftermath, and they talked chad into burying him to ‘save’ Lori, after all it was an ‘accident’. I think that’s why they asked MG to lie, it was all unplanned and they were panicking. If it was planned they would have had a better story about where JJ was.
Long post !!
IMO of course.
SBM & BBM
I just want to add that Tammy died AFTER Tylee and JJ, NOT before so at that point, Chad was not covering up any crime regarding Tammy.
Just trying to keep the timeline straight :)
Also-- LVD told MG that JJ was going to live with Kay, JJ himself told neighbors that he was going to be gone visiting grandma, so, IMO, JJ's murder was Pre-planned as was Tylee's.
JMO

I don't know if their children would agree that Tammy's health had been failing her for a while and that she was "physically falling apart" (Chad's words), while refusing to go see a doctor. I seriously doubt the children expected Tammy to die. There was zero mention of Tammy's known, worsening and untreated physicall illnesses in the media before MG's recording.

She sure had everyone fooled at school, didn't she? Full time job. Church. Women's group. Zumba. Running and training. Probably ducks? Kids. Grandkids. Jmo

On last night's show with Tricia, she offered the script of Chad and Lori's phone call the day the children's remains were found. Is it on this site somewhere? Many thanks for helping me locate it.
I have been looking for it today also as @Tricia mentioned she would post in the thread.
Maybe she didn't have time last night
Her friend's interpretation of the call was very interesting.

same here. They are so specific as to Yellowstone being the last sighting.

We did get an idea of her being either very sad or disturbed the day before she died. That thought always makes me disturbed and sad... I just feel she knew something......

Also Julie Rowe's claim that Chad told her that Tammy was off her antidepressants. So, how long had she been taking antidepressants prior to going off them. You can't get those without a doctor. If you can believe Julie on this.

Tammy might have been in peri-menopause or menopause, which can do a number on you, but I don't buy at all that she was physically falling apart.

I have been looking for it today also as @Tricia mentioned she would post in the thread.
Maybe she didn't have time last night
Her friend's interpretation of the call was very interesting.
Yes, it was. I have listened to the call many times, at one time slowing the speed to 50%. I could grab a few extra words, but I was still left wondering. I'm eager to see the script and hear the cleaned up audio. Thank you for replying. :)

Yes, it was. I have listened to the call many times, at one time slowing the speed to 50%. I could grab a few extra words, but I was still left wondering. I'm eager to see the script and hear the cleaned up audio. Thank you for replying. :)

I've begun to wonder if parts of the recording were purposely obscured. If not, what an embarrassing moment for RW that people had to guess at what was being said.

I don't know if their children would agree that Tammy's health had been failing her for a while and that she was "physically falling apart" (Chad's words), while refusing to go see a doctor. I seriously doubt the children expected Tammy to die. There was zero mention of Tammy's known, worsening and untreated physicall illnesses in the media before MG's recording.
Oh, I agree with that part. By all accounts (other than Chad's) Tammy was perfectly healthy in the days and weeks leading up to her death, which was completely unexpected. What I was disputing was the part about none of the children being around or able to get to the house within short order after learning of her death. This could have happened just like Chad said. JMO.

Yes, but.....

There is no law when it comes to lying to your friend about what someone else knows, and Lori was not under "oath". She has lied so much, that casts shade on anything she says, IMO.
She was also not under oath when she said to people that her daughter had been dead for years, yet that and her many other statements will likely be brought up against her in court.

If Alex was the one who took Tylee and JJ into hiding, Lori would not have told her friend that he knew nothing about it.
If any other phone calls were made that appeared "adversarial", as Lori says in this conversation, why would they talk with MG to begin with? Sweet Melanie? She was lucky they picked up the call at all.
Yes, she was lucky, especially if it was true that she hung up on Lori on the previous call.
Doesn't sound like Chad and Lori had been questioned by MG about JJ before this, or challenged on why Lori told police that MG had him in her care.
MG said that on the previous call, she asked Lori why she and Chad had not told her where the the kids were and the answer was: for your safety. To which MG replied: why am I in danger? MG allegedly felt very uncomfortable and spoke very little on that call.

I'm not sure if MG misremembered anything or misspoke in the interview for EIN, but she did say "the kids" and not JJ. The call supposedly happened before she went to police to confess. I wonder when was Tylee added to MG's concern and why?

I think the police added Tylee after speaking with Colby.

Three days after MG's recorded call, Tammy's body was exhumed.

I wonder if that would have happened had Chad NOT defensively advanced the story in that recorded call about Tammy's supposedly longtime failing health, the two coroners on scene, and his kids arriving so quickly after she died (in contradiction to the story he told others that she'd been dead for awhile when he woke up and found her).

When LE heard Chad's little speech there (after Lori had wondered aloud whether MG was recording the call), red flags must have shot up all over the place and probable cause was firmly established. I imagine that, even if investigators had begun to document probable cause in an effort to obtain a search warrant, that little story clinched it for whatever judge put his or her signature to it. I don't remember his precise words, but didn't Chad say something like, "I'd just like to testify here..." before launching into that story.

Congratulations, Chad. Your own testimony established probable cause.

ETA: I just hope that they found something in that autopsy and testing.

SBM & BBM
I just want to add that Tammy died AFTER Tylee and JJ, NOT before so at that point, Chad was not covering up any crime regarding Tammy.
Just trying to keep the timeline straight :)
Also-- LVD told MG that JJ was going to live with Kay, JJ himself told neighbors that he was going to be gone visiting grandma, so, IMO, JJ's murder was Pre-planned as was Tylee's.
JMO
It's just such a stupid place to dispose of them if it was planned. I mean, literally, a 15-20 minute drive further north from Chad's house is a vast area of what we call "desert" where they likely never would of been found. MOO. Heck, north, west, or east of Rexburg just a dozen or so miles would give them numerous places to hide a body. So dumb.

It's just such a stupid place to dispose of them if it was planned. I mean, literally, a 15-20 minute drive further north from Chad's house is a vast area of what we call "desert" where they likely never would of been found. MOO. Heck, north, west, or east of Rexburg just a dozen or so miles would give them numerous places to hide a body. So dumb.

Not stupid at all if you are trying to implicate someone other than yourself in a crime.

Oh, I agree with that part. By all accounts (other than Chad's) Tammy was perfectly healthy in the days and weeks leading up to her death, which was completely unexpected. What I was disputing was the part about none of the children being around or able to get to the house within short order after learning of her death. This could have happened just like Chad said. JMO.
Chad spun the narrative that Tammy had been ill for a while and that the kids were there to witness it. IMO he used the kids as corroboration for his claim. He said: "My own children were there. They testified Tammy had been getting weaker and sick and I begged her to go to the doctor because she just - her heart was failing her."

Not stupid at all if you are trying to implicate someone other than yourself in a crime.
How was it not stupid that Chad placed himself on the scene of the burial at the same time that Alex was there? Chad also reportedly wanted to sell the property and move away. That way he would lose control over it and the bodies could be found later.

I wonder if Lori insisted upon burying them there as proof of Chad's commitment to their plans to move together into the "second segment of his life."

Think about it: Lori had made several serious steps toward her life together with Chad. CV was dead at her and Alex's hands, she'd moved away from family, friends, and associates to Rexburg and removed her kids from most connections that might inquire as to their well-being, and she was eager to take the next steps necessary to becoming an "empty nester" without giving up the financial benefits associated with being "mom."

Sure, CV had seriously undermined their plans by changing his life insurance beneficiary so Lori no longer had the promised $1 million (I can just imagine Lori's panic about the Chad-to-Lori-power-differential shifting once that "loss of dowry" was discovered), but she still had the monthly income and eventual payout on Tylee's inheritance/life insurance on Joe and she had the monthly payment for JJ's care as an adopted special needs child. All that was necessary now was getting rid of the kids without detection (so the $ keeps rolling in) and getting rid of Tammy without raising LE concerns and collecting on the recently increased insurance on her life.

So, it was time for Chad to step up and put more skin in the game to demonstrate his commitment to the future. What better demonstration in a world between two sociopaths than to bury the kids in his own backyard?

(I can feel myself being very sardonic about all this and the truth of the matter is that it horrifies and sickens me that these kids' lives and the lives of CV, TD, JR, and all those who loved and cared about them were treated so despicably and cheaply.)

How was it not stupid that Chad placed himself on the scene of the burial at the same time that Alex was there? Chad also reportedly wanted to sell the property and move away. That way he would lose control over it and the bodies could be found later.

I agree, stupid on Chad's part, very stupid.

But if Chad was not the actual killer, it was smart to spread the number of suspects around to throw suspicion onto someone else. Takes your odds of being named from 1 in 2, to 1 in 3.

Same with having MG and DW there the weekend JJ was killed. Ooh, so Lori and Alex were not the only ones there. 1 in 2, to 1 in 4. JMO

I’m a couple pages back so I’m not sure where my response will actually fall and I’m sure it’s my longest ever.

Personally, I hope someone grabbed the stuff and got it to safe keeping (which I don’t think is the case) but I’ll I disagree on numerous levels regarding the rest.

I've felt like this the moment Emma went to the property after the kids were found. People were calling her crazy for wanting to live there, etc. Ok. What if that’s the last place she remembered normalcy in her life. What if that it brings her good thought about being there with her mother? The fact is we don’t know and I think it’s insane to sit around and act like any of us know what you’d really act like when something of this magnitude is literally your life every second…every day.

Why take down the memorial? Not to sound like a jerk but why not? I’ve actually felt like whoever has been living there has been accommodating in letting this continue and let people grieve and show their support (on their property). I can’t imagine grabbing a cup of coffee in the morning and looking out the window every day to see thousands of people parading near/on your property. I find it amazing that they kept it up as long as they did (because I don’t think I would have). Say it was the kids that took it down. Would it matter to you if those kids hated their dad and didn’t’ want to see anything in relation to this case? I know there are plenty WS out of staters who have visited to pay your respects (which is awesome as well) but it’s not their responsibility to maintain some driveby memorial on their own property so you can pay your respects.

I’m not defending LV, CD, AC, MG, DW, Z-, M, I and others. However, there are victims besides TR & JJ in this ordeal and those include family and friends that were not involved.

I find the removal of the items saddening but also feel like it has to pass. There was something about these to kids that was awesome and gained an insane amount of support locally/nationwide and internationally for a reason. These kids will not be forgotten!

@SleuthD-o-doubleg Good stuff if you can find a more permanent placement of a memorial. It's obviously a small town but with a connection to this case that will be unmatched. Keep us updated as I know I'd be interested in supporting
I’ll keep you updated :)

As I recall, one of his sons (G?) was living in the same house with Chad and Tammy when she died. And his other children (excepting the missionary) were living nearby and could easily have been there within 20 minutes of learning of her death. I don't think he lied about any of that. And to make a distinction about when Tammy died and when they discovered her, while important, is perhaps being a little too pedantic in this situation. Chad and the one son would indeed have been there when she died, even if her death wasn't discovered for some hours.

Personally, there's more about the situation and Chad's narrative that bothers me than timing. For example, in one narrative he paints a picture of her dieing peacefully and unexpectedly in her sleep, almost as a sleeping beauty story, laying down serenely with a smile on her face and then simply not waking up. In another narrative we are informed that she was coughing and vomiting throughout the night, fell out of bed, and was found on the floor with pink foam coming out of her mouth. One story is of a peaceful happy passing, whereas the other depicts a quite disturbing and almost violent passing. Both taken together are contradictory. The fact that Chad claims he never woke up until several hours later, to me is suspect, if the details he shared are true of the more violent death. If she was coughing and vomiting violently throughout the night, tossing and turning, falling out of bed, etc., and these details come from Chad himself, then how is it possible that he wasn't concerned that something was wrong, or that he was able to fall asleep peacefully himself and not be disturbed or awoken sometime during the night (presumably sleeping in the same bed as her), until hours after she had already died? I call foul play based on that alone.
There is nothing peaceful by dyeing by poisoning or drugs regardless on what CD wants us to believe.

It just hurts that Colby had to experience this.

ETA: I had hoped it would have remained longer. Just driving slowly by the memorial helped me to feel the love that people had for these two children and woman that they had never met. People from around the world sending cards and flowers to remember them.
There’s a new spot some locals are working on for a temporary place and once it gets put together I’ll snap a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member