Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

The prosecutor has stated:

"The letter will have zero effect on any work done in the Madison County State Prosecutor’s Office, including on the Daybell / Vallow case."

Please move on from that discussion.

Thank you.

Trial by Media (TV series) - Wikipedia

Interesting series on Netflix, that examines the effect of media scrutiny and slant on trials. This is worth watching.

There has been extensive media coverage of this case, investigation, and will continue. I wonder if this will affect the outcome.
And then there's trial by social media. For example trying to discredit a key witness without any solid proof would be doing a disservice to the case IMO.

The Court TV segment on adultery, murder, and the recent letter sent out that we were discussing here yesterday, features a brief commentary by Lindsay Hansen Park who has a podcast called Year Of Polygamy.

Her podcast can be found by googling Year Of Polygamy podcast. She has a few podcasts discussing Chad Daybell (episode 177) and some background to this case (episodes 180 and 181).

I had not heard these podcasts before. These were recorded before the discovery of JJ and Tylee on Chad's property, so may have been mentioned here before. Just thought I would mention her website for those who might be interested and enjoy podcasts.

Thanks for the recommend on the podcast. I've listened to the first one, and now starting episode 180, and looking forward to the interview in episode 181. Very educational!

Last edited:
So we know LVD decided to waive her preliminary hearing. I'm assuming she knows her goose is cooked. Well done.

Based on what we heard at CD's hearing, what do you think bears repeating at her trial and what (if anything) can be left out?

What do you hope we find out, or hear, at her trial that really draws down on her guilt? Remember, this isn't a murder trial *yet*.

All jmo.
For me, all the DA would have to say is Lori had an affair and her husband was murdered. Her children disappear and Chads wife is murdered. Two weeks later they are married. Within months, both dead children are found on their property. (It really was her property too because they were legally married.). That’s all they need.

Of course I am hoping they bring up every dirty thing they find and every death associated with her.
And to seal the deal, the DA has to show the video of them dancing in Hawaii while her children and their ex spouses were in their graves. And let’s not forget the rings on their hands bought by a dead man.
Poor Charles.

I’ve always suspected Lori may have pulled the trigger and Alex took the blame. The thunk on the back of AC’s head had to be inflicted by someone. Someone who didn’t have a lot of experience with a bat or didn’t want to hurt Alex much at all.

I doubt the bat was even used to create his fake injury. My daughter is a softball player and a few years ago, she was taking light practice swings with a mini wooden bat (softball is played with aluminum or composite bats) and accidentally caught my son in the forehead at the end of her swing. This was not a hard swing at all and it was a small bat like the ones you sometimes see given away at MLB games. The goose egg that instantly formed was huge and purple. There is NO way ACs injury came from a full size aluminum bat swung by a baseball player or anyone for that matter. And just for reference, my daughter is the same age as Tylee and built like her, so if Tylee's bat was proper size for her height and build, her bat would have done some SERIOUS damage.

Moo, but also from extensive bat experience.

I just watched the latest PD Youtube. I had mentioned Oleander as a method of poisoning a few months ago. I was happy to hear it mentioned in this Youtube. Hopefully, there is a way to check to see if Tammy and/or Alex were poisoned with this plant.

Back in the 80s, I moved into a new little house in a Houston suburb. As I was deciding which bushes to plant in my back yard, I had to consider what was safe for my toy poodle. One thing that stuck with me all this time was, "No oleanders! Very toxic to small dogs!"

How would LE even know how to find burner phones? Would it be from conversations one of them had on a regular cell phone belonging to another member of their group? I hope I’m making sense.

I ask because a year ago I bought a little phone at Walmart where I could buy minutes. That way I would have an extra phone at home. I live in the country and my cell service would go in and out. My point is that Walmart asked for my address and my drivers license. And yet I wasn’t linked to a major carrier. So what else could be called a burner phone?

You absolutely did not have to provide them with any of that. You could have told them 123 fake street and email is Tina@aol.com or noneofyourbusiness@gmail.com

Now, there are places that will maybe ask for more personal information but they're usually carriers and it's not common among Walgreens, CVS, gas stations, etc...

Process SHOULD be walk in>pay cash>make call>dispose of physical device

The longer you keep them, the more you risk getting caught

Cocky or uneducated (In regards to burners) people tend to hold on to them longer. Having 60 in their possession would imply to me they were both of the above and they are probably still scratching their head wondering went wrong.

You absolutely did not have to provide them with any of that. You could have told them 123 fake street and email is Tina@aol.com or noneofyourbusiness@gmail.com

Now, there are places that will maybe ask for more personal information but they're usually carriers and it's not common among Walgreens, CVS, gas stations, etc...

Process SHOULD be walk in>pay cash>make call>dispose of physical device

The longer you keep them, the more you risk getting caught

Cocky or uneducated (In regards to burners) people tend to hold on to them longer. Having 60 in their possession would imply to me they were both of the above and they are probably still scratching their head wondering went wrong.

I like your post and your attitude. Thanks so much. Well, I just complied because I thought I had to. It wasn’t a big deal but I did think it was strange since it was just a little thing with prepaid minutes. Lucky for me, we changed our carrier and now we have good service. I am old enough to miss the days when you had a good old fashioned land line and a corded phone. I guess most people wouldn’t know what to do with a corded phone. Lol.

No one needs all of those burner phones. Just download "Google Voice" to a smartphone and have as many "ghost" phone numbers you want. With voice mail. I have several I use for work.

You might not be a good criminal. Google voice is an app that your personal info can be obtained with a search warrant?

What was Prior trying to do with asking MG and DW about reading Chad's fiction books? DG AND DW seemed to have conflicting testimony. Also, about Chad just being normal LDS members? But he went on to ask MG about her prepper meetings like Chad wasn't involved in these other meetings? Woods scares me by not being very aggressive with Prior and not following up some of the inconsistencies? Sorry , I am rambling. Just Moo..

IMO Prior was trying to point out all CD’s books were a work of fiction. IIRC CD did write some ‘non fiction’ books. I think Prior is trying to distance CD from all the light/dark/zombie stuff and make it look like LVD really believed his fantasy stories were true. I don’t believe that is the case, but that is what Prior wanted to get across.

IMO Prior was trying to point out all CD’s books were a work of fiction. IIRC CD did write some ‘non fiction’ books. I think Prior is trying to distance CD from all the light/dark/zombie stuff and make it look like LVD really believed his fantasy stories were true. I don’t believe that is the case, but that is what Prior wanted to get across.

....and so that made it okie dokey that she bought his bs.. and his reason to bury the children in his yard and marry her afterwards and deny knowing the children were not "safe". etc. etc. etc.

Doesn't matter, just a bunch of yelling SQUIRREL in my opinion.

So, Prior's plan is that LVD is crazy and CD is a doofus? CD was just a victim of LVD? Yes. And his dear wife Tammy, just happened to die.

I SO want the prosecution to present evidence that CD had been cheating on TD for years with LVD. Bring on the conspiracy.

So, Prior's plan is that LVD is crazy and CD is a doofus? CD was just a victim of LVD? Yes. And his dear wife Tammy, just happened to die.

I SO want the prosecution to present evidence that CD had been cheating on TD for years with LVD. Bring on the conspiracy.

Question: With alllllllllllll the work that must be going on with the FBI (assuming this community that is so small that it doesn't have the training/expertise and ergo, why FBI unit was there for months upon months)... does the community have to reimburse the time/effort/expenses of all the FBI work done? How does that work. Heck, how is this community even going to cough up the cash for the trials! Perhaps that is what Lori and Chad are banking on?

Question: With alllllllllllll the work that must be going on with the FBI (assuming this community that is so small that it doesn't have the training/expertise and ergo, why FBI unit was there for months upon months)... does the community have to reimburse the time/effort/expenses of all the FBI work done? How does that work. Heck, how is this community even going to cough up the cash for the trials! Perhaps that is what Lori and Chad are banking on?

No, the work of the FBI is funded by the federal government. There is no charge for the local government for federal law enforcement agencies to provide specialized services that are not available in the local community.

The cost of the trial, will be offset by the revenue being brought into the community by news agencies. Even in the time of Covid, this story is a money maker. Taxes from hotel use, other community entities will fill the coffers of the local government. This trial is actually a good thing for the area.

Unfortunately evidence law is complex. In criminal court the prosecution can bring evidence in showing the defendants bad character UNLESS the defendant first introduces evidence of their good character. Given all the horrible things hes done, I doubt his lawyer would go down that road. Plus unfortunately, from a legal stand point a past history of being a cheater isnt relevant to the current charges so that information is likely inadmissible as well :(

Regarding the letter written by LDS leaders:

What is R Woods, prosecuting attorney, supposed to do now? He is a Bishop in the LDS church. This is getting ugly.
As if this case wasn’t ugly or complicated enough. I thought the church would want to stay as far removed from these whack-jobs as possible. Apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl